Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

3 hours ago, LuBulegend92 said:

I dont think I will get this plat, at least for now. It's really, really difficult to get 100% on beat actions, if it requires like 95% then I think it will be more manageable. Maybe I will try 15-30 mins a day to see how far I can get then I will play something else. Getting this plat will drive me crazy, much more than Crash 4. Crash 4 is my hardest plat but at least I can see hope. This one, not so much =))

I feel you on that one, I can't play this for more than 30-45 minutes a day because of how aggravating it can be to suddenly get one off-beat tone near end of a stage or get to a stage and see you get a gold medal and not a platinum medal and wonder where the heck you missed a beat. xD

3 hours ago, MrFudge said:

@Nemis132 @LuBulegend92 Think imma wait until I have a PS5 myself, but have you tried reducing the Music and Ambient Sounds volumes to 0? That way you’ll only hear the metronome, your weapon, and enemies dying. 

Getting a godly Repeater might help a bunch too since you need far fewer inputs 

I actually did that two weeks ago because it was difficult to get the BPM rhythm down on higher difficulties. 

And yeah, sadly would have loved to have a Boombox because I find those easier to use than any other weapons, so my godly Burstfire weapon is all I can count on for now. Think I did get a Bolero Repeater that was quite decent, but it fell off in stages with heavier amounts of enemies than the Requiem Burstfire weapon I have. 

15 hours ago, MrFudge said:

@Nemis132 @LuBulegend92 Think imma wait until I have a PS5 myself, but have you tried reducing the Music and Ambient Sounds volumes to 0? That way you’ll only hear the metronome, your weapon, and enemies dying. 

Getting a godly Repeater might help a bunch too since you need far fewer inputs 

Even you can hear and know exactly when to press on beat, it is really really really difficult to get 100% on beat action. Just 1 milisecond faster or slower and you are screwed. I just got 2 plat medals on the first 2 levels and it took me more than 1 hour. Those 2 levels are still slow, I know for sure I will take a lot longer to master the fast songs. So I will not try to get this plat for now, too much stressful 

4 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

How many levels are there in this game? 

I'm only on the 4th area so far but there's been 10 levels per area. 10 areas all up so roughly 100 levels if it's consistent. Each area also has a few bonus levels scattered around the map.

If anyone wants to get the Band Together trophy, send me a request, no idea why they didn't include matchmaking..

This platinum is definitely a grind.

Not only will you have to finish every song on the lethal difficulty for the Final Encore trophy (which will also net you the Encore and Second Encore trophies, skipping an additional 2 playthroughs). But you also have to get the platinum rank on 142 songs (there are 147 songs thanks to the temple levels in the first 5 biomes) for Multiplatinum. To keep things short, to get a platinum rank, you must beat the song under the time limit, not miss a beat (You can skip beats thankfully), and not get hit once you start a chain, which can also break if you skip too many beats. Multiplatinum is tough, but there are only really a few difficult songs that can be frustrating.

Serioso on the other hand...I had to do a bit of maths to calculate how long it would take in a single sitting to get 100,000 kills. The song with the most amount of enemies is Level 5-10, HI-NRG MONSTER by TORIENA in the cityscape biome (not the free play version, that has a different level layout). Level 5-10 has 260 enemies on Lethal difficulty, which, theoretically speaking, means that you will have to play that song 385 times just to reach that number. That's not all, depending on your loadout, it can take around 90 seconds to finish the level, so 90 x 385 = 34,650 seconds, converting that into hours gives you 9.625 hours. Obviously it won't take 385 playing the same song over and over again, but depending on how many enemies you have killed before starting the grind, it will still take a long time regardless.

On 04/06/2022 at 10:20 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

I'm only on the 4th area so far but there's been 10 levels per area. 10 areas all up so roughly 100 levels if it's consistent. Each area also has a few bonus levels scattered around the map.

If anyone wants to get the Band Together trophy, send me a request, no idea why they didn't include matchmaking..

If you have a second controller, that will work, it doesn't have to be online.

The grind is definitely real alright..

The game isn't that hard but the platinum solely relies on you getting lucky with RNG and getting one of those broken 700+ damage weapons. Otherwise lethal with platinum rankings isn't really possible, the enemies are bullet sponges and you have to take on enemies of all elements rather than just two, meaning your best two weapons can't carry you like they'd normally do on other difficulties.

If you didn't have to beat the song within a time limit then this would really just be skill dependant, but I can't even beat the first level before the song ends, even at level 50 with max legendary gear, the enemies take too long to kill. Nearly 30 hours in, the last 20 have been grinding for this elusive gun..

7 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

The grind is definitely real alright..

The game isn't that hard but the platinum solely relies on you getting lucky with RNG and getting one of those broken 700+ damage weapons. Otherwise lethal with platinum rankings isn't really possible, the enemies are bullet sponges and you have to take on enemies of all elements rather than just two, meaning your best two weapons can't carry you like they'd normally do on other difficulties.

If you didn't have to beat the song within a time limit then this would really just be skill dependant, but I can't even beat the first level before the song ends, even at level 50 with max legendary gear, the enemies take too long to kill. Nearly 30 hours in, the last 20 have been grinding for this elusive gun..

Have you thought about using the characters special weapons? (Melody's Sword, Jaxon's Axe, Lydia's Bow, etc.) I used a powerful bow with Lydia and that alone managed to get me through a good number of songs with just that alone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rover_Libra said:

Have you thought about using the characters special weapons? (Melody's Sword, Jaxon's Axe, Lydia's Bow, etc.) I used a powerful bow with Lydia and that alone managed to get me through a good number of songs with just that alone.

I have but I went back to try a new legendary bow with Lydia and you're correct, it makes it possible. Now the real grind begins, one stage down, 141 to go. ?

Edited by Kcrack_Km

On 14.6.2022 at 1:17 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

I have but I went back to try a new legendary bow with Lydia and you're correct, it makes it possible. Now the real grind begins, one stage down, 141 to go. 1f642.png

One tip I can give you, once you get to doing the boss stages on Lethal, using Lydia's bow will be a lifesaver. I had a decently good bow and I took final boss down in less than 2 minutes. Compared to when I used Brite where I couldn't even beat the stage because too many enemies spawning between times the boss is knocked down. xD Brite was usually my go-to character for almost every other stage (because I was lucky with a "godlike" Legendary weapon) because of her shield ability (there were some stages I was unable to dodge all bullets no matter how well I did.