Points ~ Gamerscore?

ThatMuscularDude

Not really. PS3 games have more points than Xbox games.

The way the trophy system works, is each type of trophy has hidden a point value. Bronze is 15, Silver is 30, Gold is 90, and Platinum is 180. They use the values to determine your level. That's why if you hover over your level on your profile here, it will say "Level X in X points". It can't really be compared to a gamerscore, mainly because of platinums. You don't get any extra points for completing a game like you do on PS3, so that really throws it off. Also, point values without platinum are generally higher than they are on xbox too, since the lowest anything is worth is 15 points, and PS3 doesn't cap the point value per game like Xbox does. Some games are worth around 1300 points on PS3, others are only worth around 1100, while every Xbox game is worth 1000 points. It would be cool if there was some kind of converter to see an exact conversion from trophy level to gamerscore.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 2

It's just the amount of points your trophies are worth. For example: bronze are 15 points, silver are 30, gold are 90, and platinum are 180. You can never find out as to exactly how much gamerscore your trophies are worth. But you could always use one of the many third party apps for android or iPhone that could give you a ROUGH estimate.

Not really. PS3 games have more points than Xbox games.

The way the trophy system works, is each type of trophy has hidden a point value. Bronze is 15, Silver is 30, Gold is 90, and Platinum is 180. They use the values to determine your level. That's why if you hover over your level on your profile here, it will say "Level X in X points". It can't really be compared to a gamerscore, mainly because of platinums. You don't get any extra points for completing a game like you do on PS3, so that really throws it off. Also, point values without platinum are generally higher than they are on xbox too, since the lowest anything is worth is 15 points, and PS3 doesn't cap the point value per game like Xbox does. Some games are worth around 1300 points on PS3, others are only worth around 1100, while every Xbox game is worth 1000 points. It would be cool if there was some kind of converter to see an exact conversion from trophy level to gamerscore.

Yes, they do cap the point value. A platinum game is max 1230 points. A PSN 100% game is 315 or 330 not sure exactly. And a DLC is 180 I believe,

Absolutely not, You can get up to 100GS from an achievement while you can only get 60 points from a gold trophy.

A Gold trophy is 90 points.

Yes, they do cap the point value. A platinum game is max 1230 points. A PSN 100% game is 315 or 330 not sure exactly. And a DLC is 180 I believe,

I just meant that there's no specific value like there is on Xbox. I've seen PSN games up to 405, as well as some with platinums. It really just depends on the game. Also, highest DLC is 195.

My bad.

No worries. :)

I just meant that there's no specific value like there is on Xbox. I've seen PSN games up to 405, as well as some with platinums. It really just depends on the game. Also, highest DLC is 195.

That's a PSN game with DLC then. 

Wouldn't a ps3 game be worth 1410 points including the platinum?

No the 180 of the platinum is included in the 1230 points. 1410 points would mean there's DLC.

I guess if you took away the 180 points you get for a platinum then the trophy points and gamerscore for a game would be fairly similar. A good way to work it out would be to take the trophy points then minus 180 multiplied by the number of platinums and you should get a decent estimate of what the gamerscore would be.

Edited by Stevieboy