Is it possible to prevent auto-popping?

gameoncomrade

Hi everyone

When the old launcher is no longer functioning, I would like to continue playing this game through the new launcher. However, I'm not a fan of auto-popping trophies, so is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I want to put in time and effort into every platinum I obtain.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Unlinking your Epic Account from your PSN account is probably the way to go with this but that'll then make you lose all of your progress. I just think that you shouldn't be going out of your way to avoid playing a game just because it might autopop the trophies for you, you've earned them once already and nobody would blame you for autopopping the new launcher version to continue playing the game for fun. 

• Like 2

I was on the same situation of yours and unfortunately the only way to avoid auto popping seems to make you lose all of your in-game progresses. Just autopop and hide, as I did. You will have that H on your profile, but better than having forced undesired Trophies.

On 04/05/2022 at 11:19 AM, Sergen said:

Unlinking your Epic Account from your PSN account is probably the way to go with this but that'll then make you lose all of your progress. I just think that you shouldn't be going out of your way to avoid playing a game just because it might autopop the trophies for you, you've earned them once already and nobody would blame you for autopopping the new launcher version to continue playing the game for fun. 

I wouldn't lay off a game for trophies (playing and having fun > obtaining trophies), but I don't want to lose all my in-game progress. So this will probably be my first (and hopefully last) auto-popped platinum. Thanks for your comment. ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RedDragon4275 said:

Unfortunately if you play the Steam Version, it also auto-pops there if you got them on Playstation and vice versa.

Yeah, I read that too. I was considering moving to PC when I heard the new launcher would replace the old one, but then I found out that it probably wouldn't solve any of the issues. Plus, I would need to buy a new copy of the game whereas on PlayStation, I could simply add the new application to my library because I had the PS+ version.

Yesterday, I opened the new launcher and closed it again after a few seconds. I wanted to make sure that the stack didn't end up as my fastest platinum. It worked. I still have two bronze trophies that haven't been obtained. I'm guessing they're auto-popping when I launch the game again. ?