Why the PS5 has ruined me

xX-andoid-Xx

17 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's not so much the load times difference between the PS5 and PS4 that "ruined" me - that's a nice bonus, but I don't find the load times too difficult to deal with. I certainly don't find it too rough playing PS4 games, and the thought of load times isn't enough to deter me really.

The real "ruination" for me wasn't in the PS4/PS5 transition... it was in the PS3/PS4 one....

....with Rest Mode.

More than anything else, the lack of Rest Mode is the biggest thing that holds me back from spending more time on the PS3. 

Knowing that every time you turn it on, you have to load the game up from scratch, wait through all the intro stuff, load your game,.... and knowing that when you finish, you need time to find save spots, close the game, manually synch trophies etc. -  and knowing I can't just fire it up for a quick blast, and nip away again at a moment's notice is really jarring now, after being spoiled by rest modes in the PS4 / PS5 / Vita.

As a result, it takes a really strong urge to play something to make me willing to put up with that nowadays 1f602.png

Dude I could not agree more! Rest mode was like totally mind blowing when I first got my PS4, as well as the cloud saving and storage. Still love these features and use them daily. I don’t think I’ve ever actually turned off my PS4. ?

I don’t have a PS5 yet but so far I’m not even that enticed to buy one tbh. The one feature that will probably be the huge difference maker for me is the super fast load times. But other than that idk. The one feature that would have totally won me over was full backwards compatibility, but here we are…

Also when you’re a bit older school like myself (and yourself, I suspect) and appreciate older games and graphics, it’s hard to imagine a console that could ever fully “spoil” me and ruin older games for me. Most modern games look amazing and run really well, but many of them are lacking the kid of soul, style, and innovation that older games have, even with all their rough edges and user-unfriendly mechanics and whatnot. 

• Like 2

graphics do make a game great under a few circumstances. but once you've played a great looking game the rest look similar and it fades pretty quick. I love old games and will always play them, especially if they get some form of trophy support. 

sometimes i long for a flashy shooter or something but most of the time im good playing whatever. 

11 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I have bad news for all those people that love having no loading screens that are still here three years from now.

I think so. Loading screens are here to stay -- even though they get significantly shorter with each generation of consoles.

• 3 weeks later...