How does "Continue+" work?

I decided to get one of the ending trophies this morning, as I'm getting sick of this game. I got ending #5, and was given an option for "Continue+". But only one of my save files works with Continue+ (out of 4, for some odd reason).

But that's not my question. Assuming that I use that file, what exactly will happen? I know my characters will be juiced up from the later stars I obtained. Will the game remember that I completed it with Harle in order to grab the Chrono Cross full party trophy later?

You can only continue+ into a non new game+ or continue+ file. You can only continue+ into that one file  because the others are new game+ or you've already continue+ into them and saved. 

When you continue+ into a file it adds whatever items money elements and equipment (apart from story items and key items) to your inventory that you had when you beat the game. It also sets all your characters levels to what they were on the last file. One other thing it does is allows you to add other party members you've recruited into your party by using the chrono cross at end game. 

• Like 1