Digital and Physical savefiles separated

kanzenchaos

So my disc version has some scratches on it, it didn't give me a single problem until the very final chapter of the game.

Instead of getting a new disc I had a friend of mine lend his account so I can download it, however the save files are different from the physical version unfortunately =/

Just a heads up in case you want to finish it in the future, but sold your physical version and will continue on a digital one.

2R86HPP.png

xiXomZy.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

So my disc version has some scratches on it, it didn't give me a single problem until the very final chapter of the game.

Instead of getting a new disc I had a friend of mine lend his account so I can download it, however the save files are different from the physical version unfortunately =/

Just a heads up in case you want to finish it in the future, but sold your physical version and will continue on a digital one.

2R86HPP.png

xiXomZy.png

thank you, i try to make similar posts as well. came into the same problem with saints row recently. i wish more people would do this

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

thank you, i try to make similar posts as well. came into the same problem with saints row recently. i wish more people would do this

Saints Row 3? I played that game initially from a physical copy, but later played the DLC on PSNow, and the save file seemed OK.

3 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

I assume you're talking about Saints Row 3? I didn't know about it so thanks for the info!

Also ran into this issue with Horizon Zero Dawn / Complete Edition, however the saves are only different on the latin american version so mostly everyone is safe.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 0:00 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Saints Row 3? I played that game initially from a physical copy, but later played the DLC on PSNow, and the save file seemed OK.

yes saints row 3. i had the free ps plus version. played the entire game. then i bought the complete edition disc for the dlc, they were seperate saves

the way you did it is fine. buying dlc for a base game will work

but if you have the base digital game, and then buy the complete edition with the dlcs on disc, its 2 different save files. for sr3 anyways

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

yes saints row 3. i had the free ps plus version. played the entire game. then i bought the complete edition disc for the dlc, they were seperate saves

the way you did it is fine. buying dlc for a base game will work

but if you have the base digital game, and then buy the complete edition with the dlcs on disc, its 2 different save files. for sr3 anyways

Gotcha. That’s very weird!