anyone else do this?

GoonerLukeThe

It sounds really childish now I'm typing it out, but does anyone else start mimicking the voices/noises of characters in the game you're playing when you start getting really frustrated with something?

an example of this if you keep dying over and over again and the character makes a weird noise as they die, or you just keep hearing the same annoying dialogue constantly repeated

Hope this makes sense to people, it's most likely just me but does anyone else do this? :) I do it in a weird sarcastic way to cope and it actually helps me get through in the end

• Like 1

What?? No that's a bit childish, Try using a stress ball it should slowly take away your anger if not you may need to go to the "Anger management" for uncontrollable anger.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

What?? No that's a bit childish, Try using a stress ball it should slowly take away your anger if not you may need to go to the "Anger management" for uncontrollable anger.

I don't start going full rage, throwing controllers about and getting angry, just mimick the characters when they get annoying

3 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

you keep dying over and over again and the character makes a weird noise

I've done this for as long as I can remember. It's a good way to mock the game for being apieceofshitwhatthefuckisyourproblemyoubrokenfuck instead of my short-comings as a player. Nothing childish about it nor does it show the need for anger management; it's quite the opposite and shows maturity and restraint in the face of failure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dauersack said:

You mean something like this?

Not me personally, I am more a user of the good old "wtf, look at this bullshit, fuck this game" method of ranting and raging.

This looks like the time when Angry Joe was bitching about his copyright infringement issue, around December of 2013 if my memory serves me correct. I love his old videos, but from here I started to lose respect for him.

Not even out of frustration, if there's a particularly funny noise/line in the game, good chance I'm gonna repeat it or otherwise "mock" it. Lotsa old games are gold mines for this, especially Japanese made games with English dubs.

My partner does this more than I do though, along with often making exaggerated facial expressions and/or wild gestures. I often compare him to Stan S. Stanman from Monkey Island. Been playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World recently and he's been having a lot of fun when he's been in the same room with me and there's cutscenes playing.