Pole positions question

spellenboy

7 minutes ago, Bahraini_carguy said:

Nah, you can set your fastest lap time without having to enter the actual race.

After that, it's just a matter of entering a race and hoping you're lucky enough that your lap time was fast enough for a pole position start.

Okay nice, i assume the event that has a provided car also counts for all the trophies right? (Just wanna make triple sure before i really start the grind) 

As @barra333 said, any of the 3 daily races count. In the past you could get race counts, poles and victories count in FIA races as well, but those are a thing of the past, so only the dailies count as long as they're still active. If you want to grind out the trophies for the online ones you should start as soon as possible so you'll get them in time, in case they'll shut the servers down eventually.

But keep in mind that for the pole, race to count towards your count you need to finish the actual race you qualify in, so don't quit it mid race. A pole counts as long as you qualify in first place. You don't need to actually win the race.

Good luck and have fun. :)

• 1 month later...

I spent countless hours getting a good time for the current race A. Bathurst in a Tundra.

My best effort was 1:36.637. I switched to manual and got it down to 1:35.005.

After getting my 91st win 2 days ago for that other trophy, I was confident of getting my time down to 1:34's. I don't care about my time anymore but I did get many 1:34's in my last 10-20 wins.

Something that helped was, I privately reached out to racers I had identified as trophy hunters and asked them to quit. All of them were quite receptive if I agreed to let them get a win. one guy even promised not to beat my time until I had the trophy.

I have the poles trophy and the wins trophy. I still need to complete 113 races for the 322 and I'm still getting poles and wins until the tracks change that is.

In the end, I had 4 or 5 guys I was messaging and we were helping each other.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, LihapullaPoju said:

so im guessing race A is the way to go? mostly stuck with B since trucks doesnt sound fun

Well, it's up to you to be honest. Usually race A is the easiest, but it has more asshole racers as well. (most of the time) All 3 catehories have their respective asshole players aswell, but race A has more (in my experience). Do the category you enjoy the most, and that way you get bored way less. I did my fare share of races in all of the categories, but the most fun and challange with good to great sportsmanship I had in race B and race C.

• 7 months later...

Hi there, is it possible to drop in Driver Rating to get easier Opponents? Often i see E Ratings Shuffled up with some A ratings, so i Wonder of those are unlucky or its a thing… currently 39 poles and  40 wins

Edited by Fummelpuppe

14 hours ago, Fummelpuppe said:

Hi there, is it possible to drop in Driver Rating to get easier Opponents? Often i see E Ratings Shuffled up with some A ratings, so i Wonder of those are unlucky or its a thing… currently 39 poles and  40 wins

Yes.

Many players did this back in the day. But back then the player base was so much bigger and players were more scattered around. Nowadays is much lower and because of buggy servers only returning players play who need some cleanup and only a few who play it for joy.

Mind you that driver rating isn't necessary related to driver skill. Most of the time yes,  but not always.

I had E and D lobbies which were more challenging than the B and A/A+ ones, not because of dirty drivers, but because many were really good drivers.

Depending on your driving skills, I don't really suggest to go down to E lobbies, because in those lobbies is a high chance to get matched up with dirty drivers who will just knock you down the track the chance they'll get. I'd say to stay on your current level and grind those times as best as possible and keep that first place as best as possible if you get in pole and you'll get your trophies in no time in  couple of days or weeks, depending on the frequency you play.

I myself got the trophies in B to A lobbies and had so much more fun. Down in the lower lobbies it was just a wreck fest because everybody launched into you the second they got a bit close.

In the end it's your choice, but think about it.

3 hours ago, Fummelpuppe said:

I would say I'm more like average. I can move with some effort in A, but there are really C and D players who consistently go a second faster than me. I still lack 13 poles and 41 wins. Somehow I still manage that :)

From my experience it didn’t matter if i dropped my driver rating or not, due to the amount of players (or lack there of) i always got matched up with the same players. Now i’m in Europe and so the player base is always less than North America for example. And yes, the game is region locked. I would just recommend to only do Race A. The actual really good players are usually playing the B or C races. Just keep racing and get better at the track, the trophies aren’t easy, but you can make them easier by playing at night or early in the morning when there are generally less players. Also you could try and bump some other drivers to get you to win. Other than that good luck!