Additional content out now - Depths of the Forgotten

Inuty

Looks like we got new content for the game but no trophies as it seems. Did anyone currently playing the game and can say if the new content is worth downloading the game again? :)

Edited by Inuty

It's definitely worth it. My friend been playing about two days ago and said that "with all the new shards, weapons and stuff, you can beat bosses more easily, even on Abyss".He's doing about 500 damage per hit, way faster to achieve no damage, he add. 

But the new bosses are no pushovers the first time, takes some time to learn new patterns and moves. 

Edited by TsurugiFenrir
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, TsurugiFenrir said:

It's definitely worth it. My friend been playing about two days ago and said that "with all the new shards, weapons and stuff, you can beat bosses more easily, even on Abyss".He's doing about 500 damage per hit, way faster to achieve no damage, he add. 

But the new bosses are no pushovers the first time, takes some time to learn new patterns and moves. 

Of course this got added right after I suffered through No-Hit Eos and Azikel, lol.

Looks like fun, though. I'll probably reinstall the game to try out the new content.

• 1 month later...

Certainly useful to unlock The Wind Dancer sword, since having additional movement speed and attack speed significantly improves survivability. However, the other three weapons don't seem to be too valuable, at least most of the time. I defeated a couple of bosses with The Executioner axe, and while the damage increase was nice, the combined movement and defense penalties can be brutal.

It's also probably worth beating the first two DLC bosses for extra skill points, because they aren't horribly difficult to learn. The Rotting Crown, on the other hand, is a prick, and the Empire’s Wrath shard he drops seems okay at best—I attached it to my charge attack, which I use only rarely anyway. I wouldn't bother fighting him again, to be honest.

Can't say any of it makes the game massively easier to platinum, but it's undoubtedly helpful.

EDIT: Having now finished the game, I've really changed my opinion of the axe; it speeds up many of the fights, which means less opportunities to take a hit. Damage really is king in this game; I just couldn't quite succeed against Eos, until I switched to The Executioner.

Edited by StraightVege