All bosses, no damage - Kensei Difficult

willianmarques

I am mindblown people have this trophy, very impressive. The input lag makes this seem absolutely impossible to me. I’m on the final boss in ronin mode, and it’s absolutely infuriating, the combat is so unresponsive I just never know when I’m actually going to pull off the combo I’m attempting.

EDIT- I ended up beating it, and also beat the game on kensai difficulty. Kensai difficulty is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than ronin difficulty. Bosses have significantly less health and can be beat in 2 combos.

Edited by NashtyMouse
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 2022-05-08 at 0:54 PM, NashtyMouse said:

The input lag makes this seem absolutely impossible to me. I’m on the final boss in ronin mode, and it’s absolutely infuriating, the combat is so unresponsive I just never know when I’m actually going to pull off the combo I’m attempting.

I’m glad I’m not the only one! The combat in this game is extremely aggravating and just isn’t clicking for me. The controls feel very unresponsive. Half of the time my parries and blocks don’t register at all, especially when I’m on the offensive and try to quickly parry/block an incoming attack. It’s also incredibly annoying how the enemies are 2-3x as fast as you and can attack you through your combos. When I get hit, it staggers me for a second and cancels my combo, but when enemies get hit they just eat the shots and wail away through the combos like it’s nothing. They only get stunned when I manage to get all 3-4 button presses off in time.

Idk if it’s just that I jumped straight in to Ronin difficulty and Ronin simply highlights some of the problems with the combat system, but I’m just not finding the fights very fun at all (besides the finishing animations which are bad ass). I’m very relieved to hear Kensei mode is significantly easier than it sounds because I’m really not looking forward to it at this point.

It’s a shame cuz I think this game really nails the atmosphere and story, it’s just a shame the combat is not more responsive and polished as it really drags the game down.

11 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one! The combat in this game is extremely aggravating and just isn’t clicking for me. The controls feel very unresponsive. Half of the time my parries and blocks don’t register at all, especially when I’m on the offensive and try to quickly parry/block an incoming attack. It’s also incredibly annoying how the enemies are 2-3x as fast as you and can attack you through your combos. When I get hit, it staggers me for a second and cancels my combo, but when enemies get hit they just eat the shots and wail away through the combos like it’s nothing. They only get stunned when I manage to get all 3-4 button presses off in time.

Idk if it’s just that I jumped straight in to Ronin difficulty and Ronin simply highlights some of the problems with the combat system, but I’m just not finding the fights very fun at all (besides the finishing animations which are bad ass). I’m very relieved to hear Kensei mode is significantly easier than it sounds because I’m really not looking forward to it at this point.

It’s a shame cuz I think this game really nails the atmosphere and story, it’s just a shame the combat is not more responsive and polished as it really drags the game down.

The game has a lot of problems when it comes to it's combat, but you end up catching some useful things from every fight that feels like BS. In the end, it all depends on what you need from the combo at the time.

If you need fast attacks, go with the Down square, square, square, forward triangle combo (the last hit may not register in time, so only use the triangle if you feel like you've mastered the timing). 

If you need raw damage power, go for parry triangle, triangle. It will absolutely destroy the final boss' health bar. 

If you feel like you're getting cornered against a boss and/or you're running out of stamina and need to create space (chapter 6 & 7 basically), forward parry + square will let you change positions with your enemy and get a break. 

The second I mastered these 3 things the game went from rage inducing to being done with most fights in a couple tries. It just ends up clicking, but it is quite annoying until you get there. Specially some encounters (For some reason the boss from chapter 6 attacks while you're mid-animation from getting your katana out and you can't do jack about it). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jadenofshadows said:

The game has a lot of problems when it comes to it's combat, but you end up catching some useful things from every fight that feels like BS. In the end, it all depends on what you need from the combo at the time.

If you need fast attacks, go with the Down square, square, square, forward triangle combo (the last hit may not register in time, so only use the triangle if you feel like you've mastered the timing). 

If you need raw damage power, go for parry triangle, triangle. It will absolutely destroy the final boss' health bar. 

If you feel like you're getting cornered against a boss and/or you're running out of stamina and need to create space (chapter 6 & 7 basically), forward parry + square will let you change positions with your enemy and get a break. 

The second I mastered these 3 things the game went from rage inducing to being done with most fights in a couple tries. It just ends up clicking, but it is quite annoying until you get there. Specially some encounters (For some reason the boss from chapter 6 attacks while you're mid-animation from getting your katana out and you can't do jack about it). 

Appreciate the tips man. 

• Like 1