TiamaTiK

May 5 to May 11, 2022 easily complete DLC "Parkour Fever"

78 posts in this topic

May have to install the game and get this done. Thanks for the heads up!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lost my save so i'd play through like 70% of the game to get to that point. damn

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Edit- can hardly believe it but was able to knock all of them out in one night using this method. It makes most Old Town challenges easy but a couple in the Slums were still really rough due to tight spaces and turns. Favela Fever was insufferable. It helped to drink a Speed/night vision Drunken Pumpkin during the countdown. Other than that, it was pretty fun to fly around like Superman.

Edited by NMErickson
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a los for sharing this! I was planning to start this game in a few weeks from now, but after a friend told me about this thread and since I’ve heard already that the parkour trophies were such a pain, I decided to start the game now and after getting to old town and crafting the Pyza suit, I managed to do the 10 challenges in approx 90mins.

 

The 5 old town challenges were extremely easy to do (did all of them after 1 try) and I was struggling a bit more with the “medium” difficulty ones in the first area, because some of them had the checkpoints inside the houses.

I guess I’ll never know how hard this would have been without this special event lol.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have platinum but, what is the " Pyza suit "

 

Do you get it as part of a playthrough?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Do you get it as part of a playthrough?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up OP. Went back to this game after 7 years and cleaned up these two trophies as well as a few others. The challenges in the Slums gave me more trouble than the second town. I can see these being very difficult without the event's moon jumping effects so it was a good idea to get it done while it's an active event. 

 

Dying Light didn't click with me first time I played it back in 2015 but it's an interesting mix between Mirror's Edge and Dead Island which I can appreciate now. I feel compelled to finish this game off now and work on the Platinum and the DLC too thanks to it being free. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i havent played in years and im now remember how much i hate climbing up the towers and falling off them at night  and not grabbing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If you're starting from 0% on this game, how long will it take you to get to that point where you can get the Pyza Suit and be able to complete the challenge? Or can you dive right in immediately to the challenge and to the suit and complete it?

Edited by POEman553
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, TiamaTiK said:

 

 

Thanks.

 

According to this video you can craft the suit 10 times and then equip 10 of them, to have even more of a floaty jump.

WTF is wrong with this game and suddenly stupid hard trophies for no reason, that can be made easier, but only in "events".

Have some respect for your user base that have a life and might not have time to suddenly drop everything because an event is going on...

 

BTW, I also found this

 

 

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If you're starting from 0% on this game, how long will it take you to get to that point where you can get the Pyza Suit and be able to complete the challenge? Or can you dive right in immediately to the challenge and to the suit and complete it?

Just did it myself from 0% and it took me around 10-15 hours (I spent some time doing side missions near the beginning of the game). You can't get the suit right away, but if you follow the main story you will eventually visit the second main location of the game; as soon as you are there - you can grab the suit and start the challenges**

However! Some useful tips from my very fresh and personal experience:

  1. The crafting materials for the suit are rather hard to find. I ended up playing for another ~5hrs just to get enough materials while progressing through the game. As you are playing, try to loot as many homes, garages, and garbage bins as you can. You will need 10 Strings, 10 Duct tapes, 10 Alcohol, and 10 Gauzes. Strings and Duct tapes are the hardest ones to come by as vendors don't sell these materials. Avoid crafting anything that requires them if you can to reduce the material grinding.
  2. The actual challenges were really easy with the suit and gravity event. Some require some finesse as the routes are clearly designed for normal traversal but I still only had to replay some of the challenges once or twice only.
  3. GD Parkour Instructor can be tricky with timings. Make sure you attempt your challenges during the Nighttime - actual nighttime. What I mean is if it's starting to get bright (but it's still technically nighttime) it will not count for you. I'd suggest returning to a safe house and resetting the night to be sure. Otherwise, you might end up like me where you have to backtrack challenge through challenge, not knowing which one didn't count as a "night run".
Edited by Sydoki
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you activate the low gravity? I don’t see this as an event this week…

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

How do you activate the low gravity? I don’t see this as an event this week…

 

Haha, yep if you find out let me know. I mean, I presume it's still on. Googling though shows no results other than the weekend before was "Double XP weekend" .... Maybe this event was only at the weekend?

 

I got the Pyza suit which allows me to glide for about 1 second, and the fall to my death.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

 

Haha, yep if you find out let me know. I mean, I presume it's still on. Googling though shows no results other than the weekend before was "Double XP weekend" .... Maybe this event was only at the weekend?

 

I got the Pyza suit which allows me to glide for about 1 second, and the fall to my death.

 

Only just started the game, so can't help other than to say the event should definitely still be going on. It seems to be part of the "Tolga and Fatin's Event," which the main menu says is ongoing until the 11th.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i jut finished both trophies. havent played in ages and it took me a little while to get use to the controls again. i will say, if you dont get these with the suit i dont see how anyone can legit get these without the suit. the times are fkn absurd. even some of the medium challenges were harder then the hard. but ina  few hours i completed them. i only crafted 1 suit. if crafted more helps?i dunno. i didnt try. if you find your going to slow i think when you click r3 it seems to control the speed a little. but you generally seem to start off at your fastest speed and clicking slows its down it seems. if i felt like my glide wasnt going fast enough when i landed on a checkpoint i would sprint and jump and launch a new glide. every once in a while you will get a glide in thats faster then usual and it will greatly help you. one good glide, and no mistakes per run. id suggest maybe doing them in daytime first just to learn the routes. 

if you just started i dont suggest rushing to old town just to get these trophies. im not sure if youll even make it there anyways in 2 days tbh. you will miss out on how fun this game is just to rush to get trophies. but if your a completionist and really want them then go for it. imo it will ruin alot of the game trying to rush to old town. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i will say, if you dont get these with the suit i dont see how anyone can legit get these without the suit. the times are fkn absurd.

It's just practice and planning, I remember doing them and it was rather enjoyable (imo atleast). I just only ran them at night so I could grab both trophies in one shot once I finally got them down. Kind of sad there have been ways to make it easier, but at the same time I'm glad people are getting to check it off their list.

Edited by Skurkitty
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used this to get both trophies done in about an hour and a half. Would have taken me a couple of days to do them "legit".

One thing to watch out for is that you should make sure that you start a new night before attempting a race. I had to redo a few of them because the night ended before I finished so keep an eye on the clock. The two races in eastern part of the slums where the hardest ones since the checkpoints twist around the buildnings so you don't get as much benefit from the suit/low grav on those.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If you're starting from 0% on this game, how long will it take you to get to that point where you can get the Pyza Suit and be able to complete the challenge? Or can you dive right in immediately to the challenge and to the suit and complete it?


Here's a rough estimate, I started from 0% and focused main quests only, about 7 hours later and  46% progress I'm at Old Town. Just need to find the suit and make it and then I'm set. Hope this helps.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 other difficult parts of the game are there, any crazy dlc challenges? i played this at launch for a month orso on a diff acc i might smash through it with this little ezmode trick though

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i jut finished both trophies. havent played in ages and it took me a little while to get use to the controls again. i will say, if you dont get these with the suit i dont see how anyone can legit get these without the suit. the times are fkn absurd. even some of the medium challenges were harder then the hard. but ina  few hours i completed them. i only crafted 1 suit. if crafted more helps?i dunno. i didnt try. if you find your going to slow i think when you click r3 it seems to control the speed a little. but you generally seem to start off at your fastest speed and clicking slows its down it seems. if i felt like my glide wasnt going fast enough when i landed on a checkpoint i would sprint and jump and launch a new glide. every once in a while you will get a glide in thats faster then usual and it will greatly help you. one good glide, and no mistakes per run. id suggest maybe doing them in daytime first just to learn the routes. 

if you just started i dont suggest rushing to old town just to get these trophies. im not sure if youll even make it there anyways in 2 days tbh. you will miss out on how fun this game is just to rush to get trophies. but if your a completionist and really want them then go for it. imo it will ruin alot of the game trying to rush to old town. 

 

I wouldn't say it's THAT hard to achieve without the suit and event. I've done this a few times and are basically my favorite activity in DL. I mean it's not a walk in the park, but I think those challenges are way overhyped as being difficult. Think I knocked em out in 5-6 hours or so give or take the first time around. It's all about knowing the route from start to finish.

 

8 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

 other difficult parts of the game are there, any crazy dlc challenges? i played this at launch for a month orso on a diff acc i might smash through it with this little ezmode trick though

 

I struggled more with the Bozark Horde dlc myself. I've spended much more time getting through that one than the parkour challenges. I've heard it's easier if you have a high level character though so maybe it was my fault for not grinding it up to get a ton of skill points prior.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2022 at 6:05 PM, TiamaTiK said:

Temporary chance to easily complete DLC "Parkour Fever"
From May 5 to May 11, 2022, there is a unique chance to easily and quickly complete most of the challenges for trophies "GD Parkour Instructor" and "The Boy Who Could Run".
Now there is a community event in the game and one of the interesting features is the reduced gravity of the game world. Most of the difficult challenges can be completed by jumping in combination with the "Pyza suit".

How it works: https://youtu.be/QrWU1hygsVE

Funny enough I manage to get these 2 trophies legit just recently and I really had no problems getting those parkour just make sure you max out all abilities and to just be safe on the legend tree max out your stamina just for free running it’ll probably be beneficial. As long as you follow guides and map your routes it shouldn’t be to bad once you have all of that. Also to add make sure you play on explorer as well it’ll also make it much easier with the vitals 

2 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

 

I wouldn't say it's THAT hard to achieve without the suit and event. I've done this a few times and are basically my favorite activity in DL. I mean it's not a walk in the park, but I think those challenges are way overhyped as being difficult. Think I knocked em out in 5-6 hours or so give or take the first time around. It's all about knowing the route from start to finish.

 

 

I struggled more with the Bozark Horde dlc myself. I've spended much more time getting through that one than the parkour challenges. I've heard it's easier if you have a high level character though so maybe it was my fault for not grinding it up to get a ton of skill points prior.

It’s much easier with a high level character your unarmed ability you can essentially 2 tap the zombies especially on the 13th or 14th wave when you’re in the elevator going up and zombies swarm you. Also to add if you do manage to upgrade the one handed on the legend tree do so it’s very beneficial for you 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

 

WTF is wrong with this game and suddenly stupid hard trophies for no reason, that can be made easier, but only in "events".

Have some respect for your user base that have a life and might not have time to suddenly drop everything because an event is going on...

 

 

How dare they including demanding trophies like those? I have the right to earn my trophies quickly and without any sort of practise or skills as there are thousand of other games where I also want to get trophy in. I have no time to invest some time you rude developers!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

 

How dare they including demanding trophies like those? I have the right to earn my trophies quickly and without any sort of practise or skills as there are thousand of other games where I also want to get trophy in. I have no time to invest some time you rude developers!

 

I think you missed my point. There's nothing wrong with hard trophies, but why make them easier for a week or two, every couple of years?

Seems unfair for people who did them legit by putting in the effort.

 

Unless there's some sort of unavoidable glitch that needs fixing. Trophies should stay the same, and not have them suddenly made easier or more difficult. That just seems a bit unfair for everybody.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.