May 5 to May 11, 2022 easily complete DLC "Parkour Fever"

TiamaTiK

18 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

It sems like they did this Event only for fun while it also makes some trophies unintentionally easier. Thats how it sometimes is. I also dont complain when a grindy MP had double xp weekends in the past but never anymore. Your just unlucky then. Besides that those trophies here are easier than everyone make it seem.

Can't say I am too much of a fan of those either. However there's a bit of a difference between cutting down the amount of time you're playing a game and cutting down the difficulty.

I mean this is basically allowing you to glide like Batman, in an obstacle course race, how is that fair? lol

Thanks @TiamaTiK for letting us know about this event. For those who are wondering, according to the main screen it will end on the 11th of May at exactly 16:00 CEST, which is just under exactly 2 days from the time at which I am posting this (if I’ve done my time zone conversion correctly). You also have the option to start your game with or without the event active so if you’re looking to take advantage of this make sure you set it to active.

For those of you who are feeling like this is unfair because you earned the trophies the hard way and this event makes it a lot easier, I feel you and I’ve been in that boat before. Unfortunately most developers don’t really pay attention to their trophies and so when they put in a fun event asking you to kill a bunch of zombies with added low gravity, I doubt they’ve even thought of how combining the mechanic with an Easter egg item (that some players may never even find) will make parkour challenges easier.  

Personally I haven’t earned these trophies yet and I’m going to use this event to do it. I spent some time on the game today preparing my save and I’ll go for the challenges tomorrow but I wanted to share some tips on some things I’ve discovered:

• To craft the Pyza suit you need a few basic materials and by far the easiest way I found to do this was to go to the main base in the slums. There’s a bed, a shop and two quartermasters. The two quartermasters in particular provide you free materials every day and all of the materials you need to craft the suit can be gotten from the quartermasters and the shop. What you can do is collect all the items from both quartermasters, check the shop, use the bed twice (once to send it to night and once to send it to morning again) to refresh their stock and rinse and repeat. It might take a short while but you should be able to obtain all the materials this way.
  • If you just need gauze you can also just go to infamy bridge in the slums on the right side of the map and cross the gap to get to all the tents. There’s heaps of gauze and medkits in there.
Edited by igs63
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, igs63 said:

Thanks @TiamaTiK for letting us know about this event. For those who are wondering, according to the main screen it will end on the 11th of May at exactly 16:00 CEST, which is just under exactly 2 days from the time at which I am posting this (if I’ve done my time zone conversion correctly). You also have the option to start your game with or without the event active so if you’re looking to take advantage of this make sure you set it to active.

For those of you who are feeling like this is unfair because you earned the trophies the hard way and this event makes it a lot easier, I feel you and I’ve been in that boat before. Unfortunately most developers don’t really pay attention to their trophies and so when they put in a fun event asking you to kill a bunch of zombies with added low gravity, I doubt they’ve even thought of how combining the mechanic with an Easter egg item (that some players may never even find) will make parkour challenges easier.  

Personally I haven’t earned these trophies yet and I’m going to use this event to do it. I spent some time on the game today preparing my save and I’ll go for the challenges tomorrow but I wanted to share some tips on some things I’ve discovered:

• To craft the Pyza suit you need a few basic materials and by far the easiest way I found to do this was to go to the main base in the slums. There’s a bed, a shop and two quartermasters. The two quartermasters in particular provide you free materials every day and all of the materials you need to craft the suit can be gotten from the quartermasters and the shop. What you can do is collect all the items from both quartermasters, check the shop, use the bed twice (once to send it to night and once to send it to morning again) to refresh their stock and rinse and repeat. It might take a short while but you should be able to obtain all the materials this way.
  • If you just need gauze you can also just go to infamy bridge in the slums on the right side of the map and cross the gap to get to all the tents. There’s heaps of gauze and medkits in there.

What is the name of the event on your screen? The event I see does not mention low gravity nor can I choose to start game with it enabled? Do you know how far into the game you need to be to start an event?

cheers 

How in the fuck are you supposed to do "First Assignment", it's like the very first Parkour Fever and it's so difficult even with all the supposed cheating gear....

Have a good run, then get stuck in a wall, or a window. Or because it is dark, I get chased since zombies are randomly positioned, sometimes in a doorway you need to go through.

Oh and when I die, I am back at the start and still under attack by about 3 Tyrant zombies. Also when I die, somehow 3 or 4 hours pass so you have to painstakingly find a bed to sleep in because it's day time. On one stage I finished it for the first time but it fucking became morning by the time I finished the stage, so I had to do it again. Game gives me serious motion sickness too.

Fuck this game and it's fucking wanky bollocks bullshit RNG.

Already 2am....

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

How in the fuck are you supposed to do "First Assignment", it's like the very first Parkour Fever and it's so difficult even with all the supposed cheating gear....

I've found that for certain courses the low gravity is actually less of a help and sometimes even an impediment. This one and Favela Fever, two of the "easier" courses took me forever. Some of the "hard" ones I could do first try. It just depends how they're set up. My advice is to move on after a few attempts and come back to it after knocking out some of the others.

Totally useless rant: I hate hate HATE this game. The base game was OK but the Bozak DLC and this parkour DLC make me regret starting it. Most games I enjoy once I start leaning into them, but I like this one less the more I play. I can see why some people would like it but goddamn this game is not for me. I'm still gonna knock out these parkour trophies so I don't have to struggle even more later though.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

For anyone just starting now hoping to get the parkour trophies in the next 48 hours:

This game is way, WAY longer than it looks. Every mission is a slog through infinitely spawning enemies, jump scares, constant running, motion-sickness-inducing FPS melee combat, it just goes on and on and on. As above, I get why people get into this game, but the story mode is a LOT of content, and I'm not convinced that rushing the story missions won't end up with missable collectibles.

• Like 2

Having just done it with the exploit I will say it isn't completely zero effort, although the "Hard" city challenges are certainly easier. You can't just fly around for the sake of it all the time especially in the more cramped slum challenges with markers in buildings that were a lot harder. You have to be mindful of how fast you're running before you fly and it's best to use the gravity boost in conjunction with it to gain speed. A few of them will still probably take a few tries. As for people just starting the game and looking to do this don't bother. It'll take far too long to get to the city at this point. 

• Like 1

So for most challenges "night" seems only long enough for 2-3 serious attempts. Is there a way to improve on this? I know you can rest at safe houses to speed passage of time but I'd prefer not to have to run back and forth.

Any tips for this or is it just a matter of either waiting till night or resting?

EDIT: For those who don't know, you can "Restart Challenge" from the menu any time you start to do poorly, but this is only a minor mitigation at best. For a while I would just use my grappling hook to immediately end, but Restart Challenge is a much better way of accomplishing this as it puts you instantly back at the 3-2-1 countdown to start the challenge.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

So for most challenges "night" seems only long enough for 2-3 serious attempts. Is there a way to improve on this? I know you can rest at safe houses to speed passage of time but I'd prefer not to have to run back and forth.

If you really want to, I believe increasing the difficulty to Nightmare will make nighttime last longer, but I doubt that's worth it. Just find the closest safe zone and sleep it off.

• Like 1

Just now, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

If you really want to, I believe increasing the difficulty to Nightmare will make nighttime last longer, but I doubt that's worth it. Just find the closest safe zone and sleep it off.

Hm, good thought. Might be suitable for certain challenges that spend less time at ground level. But then again those are the ones that will need the least retries anyway.

8 hours ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

What is the name of the event on your screen? The event I see does not mention low gravity nor can I choose to start game with it enabled? Do you know how far into the game you need to be to start an event?

cheers 

This is the exact event that provides low gravity. If you don’t see it in the main menu, I would recommend making sure your game has the latest update. If it’s still not there maybe your save is not up to old town, which is where the event is located? I can’t answer exactly how far into the game In general you need to be to unlock events, as I personally loaded up an old save I had from 6 years ago.

Eb8DIv0.jpg

• Like 1

Have 6/10 done at night now. I know the last 4 are harder so I left them last. Worst case scenario I can git gud and finish them after the event, 4 sounds a lot better than 10 in that regard.

Here are the 4 that I think are hard:

First Assignment (slums)

Favela Fever (slums)

Blue District Fever (old town)

Tower Run (old town)

Tower Run actually is not that bad, it does have a tricky section or two though. The two slums challenges are nightmares and I'm not sure how much this event helps, I will leave them for last.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Have 6/10 done at night now. I know the last 4 are harder so I left them last. Worst case scenario I can git gud and finish them after the event, 4 sounds a lot better than 10 in that regard.

Here are the 4 that I think are hard:

First Assignment (slums)

Favela Fever (slums)

Blue District Fever (old town)

Tower Run (old town)

Tower Run actually is not that bad, it does have a tricky section or two though. The two slums challenges are nightmares and I'm not sure how much this event helps, I will leave them for last.

I have done 6/10 now, because it's kind of a pain to keep track of where you have been I did all of old town first, and First Assignment.

I refused to go to bed until I had 6/10, will have another crack at night. It doesn't help knowing that in a few days everything will get harder.

This must be what it feels like to be trying to do online trophies a few days before servers about to shut. The impending pressure of getting something done by xxx deadline just increases the frustration.

Yeah I struggled with Blue District Fever and Tower Run (Did you notice ingame they couldn't spelle "District" correctly) Although I have spent many attempts on all of them to be fair.

I spent hours also on Diagonal Run, that was actually my first challenge. I thought wow this was easy as I glided over 80% of the track, but actually even if you glide, you still have tricky bits to get in position. Glides have to be perfectly timed as well, or else you won't be fast enough or you'll glitch into a wall (happens so often) where you'll not register being able to grab up onto the left and you will just repeatedly bash into it.

I have also sometimes died while gliding where I have been gliding for so long, game somehow thinks I have done a big fall. Therefore you have to glide and land into something, sometimes letting go of L2 even at safe distance might cause you die.

As ever, I did most of the challenges by sheer luck. Blue District Fever is bullshit because you have to run through houses and often zombies are in the door ways and you just have to get lucky and hope the game doesn't dick you by putting a Tyrant zombie in a doorway. Twice the game seemed to fuck up and not bother spawning any zombies on the rooftops, no seriously.

First time this happened I almost did it no problem, but then I somehow glided into a wall and grabbed the bottom of a roof, and getting off it wasted valuable seconds, then I got into a QTE with a Tyrant zombie and died. I was so mad. The floaty high jumps make any challenge where you need to go into buildings that bit more difficult. I've got stuck in doorways and then had to quickly crouch, even though my guy can easily just walk through them.

Anyway, the time I did it, again got lucky, no zombies on roof and then somehow on that section near the end where you have to run on foot, the city was completely empty. It's bullshit the game does this. This game to be fair does Parkour well, better than any other game. But first person view Parkour view is dumb, and the game seems to have Little Big Planet Physics, but in 2D. Every now and again your jump just isn't at full height, and sometimes you will smash L3 and your guy won't run, probably because you stepped on a pebble at one point and the game thought you were falling for the split second you were pressing a button.

Before I went to bed, I fluked First Assignment, I mean I thought I failed but actually I had made it by 0.4 second. It's bullshit at the end before the second to last checkpoint is a 180 degree. How in the fuck do you do even do that when not gliding?

Are you saying the final 4 slums challenges are the hardest? :(

Wish I had known about this at the weekend so I don't need to be rushing this on a weekday when I have like, life commitments to be getting on with.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Before I went to bed, I fluked First Assignment, I mean I thought I failed but actually I had made it by 0.4 second. It's bullshit at the end before the second to last checkpoint is a 180 degree. How in the fuck do you do even do that when not gliding?

Are you saying the final 4 slums challenges are the hardest?

No, not at all. Aside from First Assignment and Favela Fever the slums are not bad once you learn the courses. If you've already done First Assignment you're in good shape, although Favela Fever is probably my vote for absolute hardest.

But like I said, that one may be as difficult or even slightly easier with normal gravity so don't sweat getting it done during the event if you can't. It'll take some practice and patience either way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

No, not at all. Aside from First Assignment and Favela Fever the slums are not bad once you learn the courses. If you've already done First Assignment you're in good shape, although Favela Fever is probably my vote for absolute hardest.

But like I said, that one may be as difficult or even slightly easier with normal gravity so don't sweat getting it done during the event if you can't. It'll take some practice and patience either way.

How many do you have left dude? Sadly I still have a day of work before I can continue. Yeah that "First Assignment" one, I barely used glide at all. I mean, the whole run is on ground level basically and there's not really much time to even use it, not to mention it's often faster to run on foot than it is to glide since glide seems to be slower.

It's weird that I don't feel any sense of pride when I beat a challenge. More like "Oh thank fuck that's over" lol

I was not expecting 10 challenges to take so long. It's crazy that you often have 26 checkpoints in less than 2 minutes. Who thought these times were legit?

Since the ingame challenges are nowhere near this difficult.

[edit] Oh wait looking at your trophies you did them all already. Congrats! lol

[edit2] Oh, wait, you only did them at day time first? That seems crazy, especially since at night you can see the markers better (in my opinion) than during the day. Better to just do them at night first.... Or maybe my method is worse.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

How many do you have left dude? Sadly I still have a day of work before I can continue. Yeah that "First Assignment" one, I barely used glide at all. I mean, the whole run is on ground level basically and there's not really much time to even use it, not to mention it's often faster to run on foot than it is to glide since glide seems to be slower.

It's weird that I don't feel any sense of pride when I beat a challenge. More like "Oh thank fuck that's over" lol

I was not expecting 10 challenges to take so long. It's crazy that you often have 26 checkpoints in less than 2 minutes. Who thought these times were legit?

Since the ingame challenges are nowhere near this difficult.

[edit] Oh wait looking at your trophies you did them all already. Congrats! lol

[edit2] Oh, wait, you only did them at day time first? That seems crazy, especially since at night you can see the markers better (in my opinion) than during the day. Better to just do them at night first.... Or maybe my method is worse.

Yeah, I did during the day first for practice. Actually I started at night but always ended up in the next day and rather than reset I just stuck with it. I've now done 6 at night and they were pretty easy since I knew them well. Twister, for instance, only took like 2-3 tries at night after needing several attempts during the day.

Not the most efficient method but I didn't want add the stress of learning the courses at night on top of everything you already mentioned.

Still need to do all the Bozak nonsense before I'm 100% too. :/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, I did during the day first for practice. Actually I started at night but always ended up in the next day and rather than reset I just stuck with it. I've now done 6 at night and they were pretty easy since I knew them well. Twister, for instance, only took like 2-3 tries at night after needing several attempts during the day.

Not the most efficient method but I didn't want add the stress of learning the courses at night on top of everything you already mentioned.

Still need to do all the Bozak nonsense before I'm 100% too. :/

The gliding stuff seemed way easier at night due to a giant green marker on the otherwise black sky/city, made seeing where they are, real easy.

Oh god, is the Bozak stuff also shit?

I have not even tried that mode yet, although I did notice a glitch of sorts that had been around for years, it got patched in the latest update.

Not finished the Countryside DLC yet, that seems pretty fun though, so far.

But yeah, anyone reading this and thinking about starting the main game quickly in order to be able to unlock these challenges, I don't think I'd bother now. There just isn't enough time, not unless you literally start now and don't sleep until Wednesday.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Just knocked out the last two in Old Town. Only took 2-3 tries each since I knew them from daytime. Hopefully the last two come easily after ally struggles last night...

Edit: Got it done! Favela Fever took the longest for me.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Have a good run, then get stuck in a wall, or a window. Or because it is dark, I get chased since zombies are randomly positioned, sometimes in a doorway you need to go through.

Oh and when I die, I am back at the start and still under attack by about 3 Tyrant zombies. Also when I die, somehow 3 or 4 hours pass so you have to painstakingly find a bed to sleep in because it's day time. On one stage I finished it for the first time but it fucking became morning by the time I finished the stage, so I had to do it again. Game gives me serious motion sickness too.

Fuck this game and it's fucking wanky bollocks bullshit RNG.

Already 2am....

i dunno, ask the 2 guys who replied that they "arent that hard". even though they are 2% trophies and the least earned trophies in the entire game and dlc combined.

one thing that helped me that i forgot to say earlier also, if you mess a run up, hit pause and restart checkpoint. it will save you some time before daylight. it wont revert back hours. but it will stop from continuing a run that you know your going to run out of time on. the slums seemed harder then old town.

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The gliding stuff seemed way easier at night due to a giant green marker on the otherwise black sky/city, made seeing where they are, real easy.

Oh god, is the Bozak stuff also shit?

I have not even tried that mode yet, although I did notice a glitch of sorts that had been around for years, it got patched in the latest update.

Not finished the Countryside DLC yet, that seems pretty fun though, so far.

But yeah, anyone reading this and thinking about starting the main game quickly in order to be able to unlock these challenges, I don't think I'd bother now. There just isn't enough time, not unless you literally start now and don't sleep until Wednesday.

the bozak game is shyt. at first you dont know where or what the objectives are really so you die until you find out where to go. and then you have those really fast zombies mobbing you and kill you almost instantly. they also take all your weapons so you start with a crappy weapon which does nothing. try to find a new weapon, oh you cant, because you have to disarm a bomb, oh you cant open the chest to disarm the bomb because 10 zombies are attacking you. prob be alot easier not doing it solo

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

the bozak game is shyt. at first you dont know where or what the objectives are really so you die until you find out where to go. and then you have those really fast zombies mobbing you and kill you almost instantly. they also take all your weapons so you start with a crappy weapon which does nothing. try to find a new weapon, oh you cant, because you have to disarm a bomb, oh you cant open the chest to disarm the bomb because 10 zombies are attacking you. prob be alot easier not doing it solo

Can't you turn it down to Easy? Is it still hard there?

3 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Just knocked out the last two in Old Town. Only took 2-3 tries each since I knew them from daytime. Hopefully the last two come easily after ally struggles last night...

Yeah I just looked at this video. Looks like the gliding event does not help you at all.

5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i dunno, ask the 2 guys who replied that they "arent that hard". even though they are 2% trophies and the least earned trophies in the entire game and dlc combined.

They are ultra rares because the DLC is free and most people didn't bother finishing it since originally (without this event) the challenges are hard. I honestly think that you guys are overreacting it, maybe because you all haven't played in a long time and lost the sense of movement.

On 9. 5. 2022 at 11:34 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

other difficult parts of the game are there, any crazy dlc challenges? i played this at launch for a month orso on a diff acc i might smash through it with this little ezmode trick though

The Bozak Horde is imo a lot harder (compared to parkour) if you aren't levelled up properly.

8 hours ago, RNumbers said:

I finally got it. Favela Fever took me nearly 4 hours, and about 300 attempts. Despite being unlucky and getting glitched in pretty much every single window, door, awning, food, and being close many times.

In the end a glitch actually helped me. No idea why, but a Tyrant zombie hit me up the arse while I was gliding and somehow gave me a fucking boost forward and allowed me to steer up the stairs and around the corner (I am sure you know where I mean)  and falling into the final marker in the final 5 seconds as if I was fucking Ironman.

Anyway, these are hands down the absolute worst trophies I have ever earned. It was tricky doing the challenges in Gravity Daze on Vita, and acing the levels on Little Big Planet games.

In this game though, I don't even feel happy to get them. More like, thank fuck that is over piece of shit kinda vibe, and this is arguably the easiest state of the game to earn them in. After tomorrow, it's only going to go back to default super hard mode when this event is over, and perhaps forever, since Dying Light 2 is a thing now and at some point they are probably going to stop doing events on an old game

I mean jumping was janky in Dead Island but at least the jumping obstacles were easy and for the most part fun. In this game however, trying to do a perfect run with flakey physics and 1st person view just doesn't work, and random zombie placements, and getting chased, but only at random since being seen is also quite random. Why does Crane sometimes stick to random walls or hanging bars like fucking Spiderman and won't let, and at other times, can't fit through a window or grab onto a bar RIGHT in front of him to save his life like a ball of wool.

There's also other times I'm at a wall and he'll randomly bounce away in the opposite direction like a fucking frog.

Good luck to anyone else trying to do in the time remaining. And for two bronze trophies on a DLC? I honestly wouldn't bother.

Edited by enaysoft