Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

never really pay attention to when updates drop. As for characters my main 2 are Eula and Beidou, the others i keep switching out. I did managed to get the Shogun in her re-run. I have gone through a little of the Spire but I have not completed it yet. otherwise I am at the point of just grinding up characters and weapons until the next update drops. The only weapon I would like to get at some point from the wishes would be the Wolves Gravestone. Otherwise I have not used the Primogems in quite some time, I think I have around 8000 of them right now.

I have only been playing for about a year as well and usually just casually. I am not sure how many hours I have in this one.

WndDTyz.jpg

The only character not shown on my screen here is Yanfei

weapons and artifacts

jwb85er.jpg

mQRnTpG.jpg

I did forget to mention I did not even realize you could boost character abilities until I was at World Level 5. I was always wondering why my characters always felt so weak at that time. Now They are much better balanced and Eula has everything maxxed out.

Edited by Void
  • Like 2

I started playing Day 1.  But took a few long breaks.  I stopped the first time around Ganyu's banner and came back for Yoimiya's.  I missed Ayaka's first run.  Kind of debating on pulling for her, especially since she'll be here awhile, but I've been saving for a Yoimiya rerun.  Want to get at least one constellation for her.  Been thinking off Triple Crowning her as well.  I've got like ten crowns, I should spend them on someone.  So far only Ningguang has a crown.

I've got two parties if I ever go into Abyss.  I dub them the Pay to Win party and the Free to Play party.  They're Eula, Raiden, Yoimiya, and Kokomi.  And Ningguang, Beidou, Xiangling, and Qiqi.  The F2P party carried me through most of the game.  Ningguang and Beidou are pretty mean.

Here's my roster

FSCekQkXwAMryBZ.jpg

And weapons

FSCelXVXMAE0Jva.jpg

• Like 2

Did read some rumors that 2.7 would be delayed and while I was a bit disappointed I would have to wait longer for Kuki Shinobu to drop but also glad so I could keep trying on getting Mistsplitter Reforged, got the damn Unforged two times so my 3rd time 5* weapon will be Mistsplitter Reforged this time. Did crown Eula lately so now both my mains is crowned.

04025b3db071bc34169aea47b2c8ec6116437606

0e881b88c6602b5fbb4e576c84475fbe16518548

Now I'am thinking of getting the materials Kuki needs to ascend and level up her Talents. The team I mostly now use is Hu Tao/Eula, Raiden Shogun, Yae Miko and Sangonomiya Kokomi. Ei + Yae is a fearsome combo and then combined with Hu Tao is a Overloaded Nightmare.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 2

Day 1 player here, but I did take a short break during Klee's first banner run. Played casually in the beginning up to around AR 50+ or so and managed to beat Abyss Floor 12 at around version 1.2/1.3 using scuffed teams. Since then, I've followed the meta and have been consistently getting 36* on every rotation. Building Xiangling, Xingqui, and Bennett will make your abyss runs a lot easier. I should mention that I've whaled quite a bit on this account, but mostly just for select five star characters (C0) and their weapons (Raiden Shogun and Eula are exceptions, both are at C3). I don't farm artifacts much, so my builds aren't as good as they could be. Currently saving for Yelan and Kuki Shinobu, whenever Hoyoverse drops 2.7.

My roster of characters and weapons:

ff8ndFc.jpg

cXJgsFo.jpeg

0cjwCwZ.jpg

• Like 3

It's a game I saw myself playing every few months when new content dropped, but having a game where I can spend 30 minues every day doing satisfying combat/exploration in a gorgeous world has been surprisingly useful, especially when I'm two weeks through a four week text heavy JRPG. I got over it being Breath of the Waifu pretty quickly (mainly because I wasn't sliding off cliffs in the rain or replacing my weapon every ten minutes) and started appreciating it for what it is.

I've been maining Raiden/Eula/Kokomi/Yanfei for like eight months now so I was looking forward to trying Yelan, so the delay is a bit of a shame. I get even at this speed the game will have 100+ characters by the time it's 'complete', but 15 new characters a year feels a bit slow. One place I really feel Mihoyo could put more effort in is outfits, I'd much rather spend my primogems on an outfit for a character I use than save them in case a new character sounds interesting.

I've been one trophy from the platinum since last June, but anytime I get to Floor 12 of the Spiral Abyss it just starts to feel like an unbalanced chore. I'll get it done eventually.

toBtfxo.jpg

• Like 4

Since others have posted screenshots of their weapons, here's how my collection looks.

ECGelPB.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty dire. ? Not a single 5-star weapon. I remember when I was looking up info about the game in preparation of starting it, and a couple of videos I watched said something like "wishing on the weapon banners is a waste of primogems". I don't know how accurate that is though because I feel like I should have a better selection by now. For Hu Tao, I resorted to buying a Gnostic Hymn on one of the battle passes just so I could get a decent polearm (Deathmatch). The lack of good weapons is probably the main thing holding me back right now.

1 hour ago, Void said:

never really pay attention to when updates drop. As for characters my main 2 are Eula and Beidou, the others i keep switching out. I did managed to get the Shogun in her re-run. I have gone through a little of the Spire but I have not completed it yet. otherwise I am at the point of just grinding up characters and weapons until the next update drops. The only weapon I would like to get at some point from the wishes would be the Wolves Gravestone. Otherwise I have not used the Primogems in quite some time, I think I have around 8000 of them right now.

I was like that when I first started, but I've been paying more attention to the updates now that I'm a decent ways through the game and can actually access the timed events related to them. Takes a while just to get to Inazuma. For the last update, I ended up putting off the event related to it until the last second, and I rushed through the event and the prerequisite quests with like a day remaining because I didn't want to miss out on the content (and primogems of course). 

Cool that you got Eula and Raiden. I tried wishing on Eula's banner as well, but didn't manage to get her. Probably for the best though because I have Ganyu and Ayaka now as my main ice characters. I think I have Beidou at C6, so maybe I should invest in making her good. And damn, that's a lot of primogems saved up, at least to me. ?

2 hours ago, Ilzakia said:

I started playing Day 1.  But took a few long breaks.  I stopped the first time around Ganyu's banner and came back for Yoimiya's.  I missed Ayaka's first run.  Kind of debating on pulling for her, especially since she'll be here awhile, but I've been saving for a Yoimiya rerun.  Want to get at least one constellation for her.  Been thinking off Triple Crowning her as well.  I've got like ten crowns, I should spend them on someone.  So far only Ningguang has a crown.

I've got two parties if I ever go into Abyss.  I dub them the Pay to Win party and the Free to Play party.  They're Eula, Raiden, Yoimiya, and Kokomi.  And Ningguang, Beidou, Xiangling, and Qiqi.  The F2P party carried me through most of the game.  Ningguang and Beidou are pretty mean.

Yoimiya is one character I'd really like to get. I don't know how useful she is in combat (I assume pretty good since she's a 5-star), but I really liked what I saw of her during one of the quests she made an appearance in. I thought it was cute how well she got on with the kids. ? I've used 2 crowns on Hu Tao and 1 on Ganyu. I think I've got one left that I'll use to triple crown Hu Tao.

Good to know that your "F2P party" is good for the Abyss since I have all of the characters you listed except Ningguang. Maybe I'll start investing in levelling up the ones I have.

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Did read some rumors that 2.7 would be delayed and while I was a bit disappointed I would have to wait longer for Kuki Shinobu to drop but also glad so I could keep trying on getting Mistsplitter Reforged, got the damn Unforged two times so my 3rd time 5* weapon will be Mistsplitter Reforged this time. Did crown Eula lately so now both my mains is crowned so now I'am thinking of getting the materials Kuki needs to ascend and level up her Talents. The team I mostly now use is Hu Tao/Eula, Raiden Shogun, Yae Miko and Sangonomiya Kokomi. Ei + Yae is a fearsome combo and then combined with Hu Tao is a Overloaded Nightmare.

Yeah, I guess the delay is due to the lockdowns going on in China, so it was out of miHoYo's hands. People seem to be most excited for Yelan, at least going off the amount of fan art I've seen of her. ? I think Kuki Shinobu looks cool though. Impressive team you've got there. ?

39 minutes ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Day 1 player here, but I did take a short break during Klee's first banner run. Played casually in the beginning up to around AR 50+ or so and managed to beat Abyss Floor 12 at around version 1.2/1.3 using scuffed teams. Since then, I've followed the meta and have been consistently getting 36* on every rotation. Building Xiangling, Xingqui, and Bennett will make your abyss runs a lot easier. I should mention that I've whaled quite a bit on this account, but mostly just for select five star characters (C0) and their weapons (Raiden Shogun and Eula are exceptions, both are at C3). I don't farm artifacts much, so my builds aren't as good as they could be. Currently saving for Yelan and Kuki Shinobu, whenever Hoyoverse drops 2.7

Damn, nice! I'd like to get to the point of destroying the Abyss like that too eventually. ? I've been working on building up Xingqui and Bennet for a while, but I've definitely been neglecting Xiangling, I guess because I figured I already had a good fire character in Hu Tao, but that was before I realised you needed two fully equipped teams for the Abyss. ? I'll make building up Xiangling a priority.

I'm guilty of spending money on the game myself. It hasn't gotten *too* out of hand, although I'm definitely not proud of it. ? I started playing the game when Hu Tao's re-run was going on, and since she's my favourite character, I wanted to make sure I got her. I've mostly held off the urge to spend money since then apart from the odd Welkin Moon and Gnostic Hymn.

41 minutes ago, tomhannay said:

It's a game I saw myself playing every few months when new content dropped, but having a game where I can spend 30 minues every day doing satisfying combat/exploration in a gorgeous world has been surprisingly useful, especially when I'm two weeks through a four week text heavy JRPG. I got over it being Breath of the Waifu pretty quickly (mainly because I wasn't sliding off cliffs in the rain or replacing my weapon every ten minutes) and started appreciating it for what it is.

I've been maining Raiden/Eula/Kokomi/Yanfei for like eight months now so I was looking forward to trying Yelan, so the delay is a bit of a shame. I get even at this speed the game will have 100+ characters by the time it's 'complete', but 15 new characters a year feels a bit slow. One place I really feel Mihoyo could put more effort in is outfits, I'd much rather spend my primogems on an outfit for a character I use than save them in case a new character sounds interesting.

I've been one trophy from the platinum since last June, but anytime I get to Floor 12 of the Spiral Abyss it just starts to feel like an unbalanced chore. I'll get it done eventually.

Yeah, I feel that. It's nice to have a game you can come back to each day where you can kinda just shut your brain off for 30 minutes. ? Especially good when you have a video to watch or podcast to listen to. Yeah, the exploration in this game really stands out to me. One of the best examples of making that fun and rewarding in a modern game imo. I thought The Chasm was especially good with that feeling of going deeper and deeper. So cool. 

Damn, seems like everyone got Raiden except from me. ? And yeah, I'm surprised they haven't done more with the outfits. I mean they put a whole wardrobe mechanic into the game, and there's only a few select characters who actually have alternate outfits. Pretty weird. Floor 12 is that bad, huh? Not looking forward to that. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, I feel that. It's nice to have a game you can come back to each day where you can kinda just shut your brain off for 30 minutes. 1f601.png Especially good when you have a video to watch or podcast to listen to. Yeah, the exploration in this game really stands out to me. One of the best examples of making that fun and rewarding in a modern game imo. I thought The Chasm was especially good with that feeling of going deeper and deeper. So cool. 

Damn, seems like everyone got Raiden except from me. 1f61d.png And yeah, I'm surprised they haven't done more with the outfits. I mean they put a whole wardrobe mechanic into the game, and there's only a few select characters who actually have alternate outfits. Pretty weird. Floor 12 is that bad, huh? Not looking forward to that. 1f62c.png

I actually tried Floor 12 for the first time in a few months after writing that, got to Chamber 2 Second Half and was wiped out by the three level 98 Abyss Lectors almost immediately. Oh well.

I'm curious what your take on the game's censorship is now that you're playing it. Your list of censored games is always good for both a laugh and a groan.

4 hours ago, tomhannay said:

I'm curious what your take on the game's censorship is now that you're playing it. Your list of censored games is always good for both a laugh and a groan.

My opinion would be the same regardless if I played the game or not. I'm against censorship in principle. Besides, the worst case of it came after I had already started playing, AKA the "alternate outfits" for Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona. I talked about it in some other thread, but I think it sucks that those outfits are forced on us for the cutscenes because miHoYo didn't want to spend the extra money to make separate ones just for China. I mean they make enough profit to the point where doing that wouldn't even make a dent. Still, as far as "waifu gacha games" go, this is one of the better ones, at least in the gameplay department. The game is very appealing to me as is, but it would be even better if the devs didn't have their creativity restricted by the CCP. I don't like the idea of future character designs being toned down preemptively to avoid any problems with the Chinese censors. We've already seen how they butcher anime.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

Since I see some show their character collection, here's mine

b77990aff866ab9434bc2fddc432114a16518548

I don't collect much weapons and with how the event weapon banners works I only plan to go for the other two electro weapons: Thundering Pulse and Kagura's Verity after getting Mistsplitter Reforged and then wait 2-3 years for whatever weapon the Pyro Goddess/Murata ends up with. if anyone want to look at what weapons I use look here

btw. does anyone know how to open this gate? Tried to look it up on the web but that only result in a chest on the surface of the Chasm.

b0e865c216186a63d19651296857175616518570

Also am I correct in thinking that any chests opened on the surface of the Chasm counts for the Chasm Treasure Hunter achievement?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I don't collect much weapons and with how the event weapon banners works I only plan to go for the other two electro weapons: Thundering Pulse and Kagura's Verity after getting Mistsplitter Reforged and then wait 2-3 years for whatever weapon the Pyro Goddess/Murata ends up with. if anyone want to look at what weapons I use look here

btw. does anyone know how to open this gate? Tried to look it up on the web but that only result in a chest on the surface of the Chasm.

Also am I correct in thinking that any chests opened on the surface of the Chasm counts for the Chasm Treasure Hunter achievement?

For the gate, you need to find the key. IIRC it's located near the ruin serpent boss, some sort of secret route. I'm not sure about the chests, I assumed above ground and underground all counted for the achievement.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Interesting that you main Yae Miko. I haven't engaged in much discussion about this game, but I remember seeing people saying that she's kind of disappointing in the combat department, at least as far as 5-star characters go. I guess she's supposed to be good in combination with Raiden though.

46 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

It's like @Whitelightnin683 says. Here's a video if you need it. 

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Interesting that you main Yae Miko. I haven't engaged in much discussion about this game, but I remember seeing people saying that she's kind of disappointing in the combat department, at least as far as 5-star characters go. I guess she's supposed to be good in combination with Raiden though.

Like Raiden I find Yae to be better as support for my main attackers.

The Yae + Raiden combination is the one combination I can say works well in the Electro DMG department and killing enemies faster.

3 hours ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

For the gate, you need to find the key. IIRC it's located near the ruin serpent boss, some sort of secret route.

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's like @Whitelightnin683 says. Here's a video if you need it.

So that's what those Orb of the Blue Depths is for, looks like I need find and "Overload" another poor Named Abyss Knight to death. thanks for help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

My opinion would be the same regardless if I played the game or not. I'm against censorship in principle. Besides, the worst case of it came after I had already started playing, AKA the "alternate outfits" for Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona. I talked about it in some other thread, but I think it sucks that those outfits are forced on us for the cutscenes because miHoYo didn't want to spend the extra money to make separate ones just for China. I mean they make enough profit to the point where doing that wouldn't even make a dent. Still, as far as "waifu gacha games" go, this is one of the better ones, at least in the gameplay department. The game is very appealing to me as is, but it would be even better if the devs didn't have their creativity restricted by the CCP. I don't like the idea of future character designs being toned down preemptively to avoid any problems with the Chinese censors. We've already seen how they butcher anime.

Yeah I only started watching chinese anime after playing Genshin Impact, and while some are good (if poorly translated) things like the main characters in the anime adaptation of novel series Mo Dao Zu Shi not being gay (which is one of the main parts of their relationship in the novels) is pretty tasteless. I'm kind of hoping Mihoyo can use its profits to either move out of China or at least open a Western arm and create some separation between the Chinese and non-Chinese versions of the game. I've avoided gacha games for the most part, but attaching it to a AAA open world anime game was too much for me I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomhannay said:

Yeah I only started watching chinese anime after playing Genshin Impact, and while some are good (if poorly translated) things like the main characters in the anime adaptation of novel series Mo Dao Zu Shi not being gay (which is one of the main parts of their relationship in the novels) is pretty tasteless. I'm kind of hoping Mihoyo can use its profits to either move out of China or at least open a Western arm and create some separation between the Chinese and non-Chinese versions of the game. I've avoided gacha games for the most part, but attaching it to a AAA open world anime game was too much for me I guess.

I'm not familiar with that specific example, but it doesn't surprise me. I was thinking about stuff like the changes made to the characters in Miss Koboyashi's Dragon Maid and Demon Slayer. A lot of westerners seem to cheer on those examples, but I doubt the same people would be okay with the example you brought up. It's all bad as far as I'm concerned. And yeah, I'm hoping the awful stuff going on in Shanghai where miHoYo are located convinces them that they need to relocate to somewhere outside of China like you said. Just making a version of the game for China and another for everyone else would be the way to go. And yeah, same. This is the first gacha game I've gotten into. Being on console and having decent gameplay helps a lot!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm not familiar with that specific example, but it doesn't surprise me. I was thinking about stuff like the changes made to the characters in Miss Koboyashi's Dragon Maid and Demon Slayer. A lot of westerners seem to cheer on those examples, but I doubt the same people would be okay with the example you brought up. It's all bad as far as I'm concerned. And yeah, I'm hoping the awful stuff going on in Shanghai where miHoYo are located convinces them that they need to relocate to somewhere outside of China like you said. Just making a version of the game for China and another for everyone else would be the way to go. And yeah, same. This is the first gacha game I've gotten into. Being on console and having decent gameplay helps a lot!

I thought you meant Chinese self-censorship, like changing sausages to tofu in the Soul Land manga to be less phallic, or not telling time travel stories as that could result in the CCP not being formed. I hadn't even seen those Japanese to Chinese examples, they're like a glimpse of the dystopian censored future we could have in ten years time.

• Like 2

I forgot about this one. Think I gave it 6 hours or so and things just weren't happening, no unlocks. Walked away from it. Although shortly after this I played through Fenyx and that seemed to do everything this tried to, except I wasn't waiting for characters and dungeons to open up.

glad to see some genshin activity on here. i am still struggling with floor 11 in the abyss (and probably would struggle with floor 12) although i have Raiden national team and Ayaka freeze team. Maybe i will have a better luck with the 2.7 enemy re-roll

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Adam said:

glad to see some genshin activity on here. i am still struggling with floor 11 in the abyss (and probably would struggle with floor 12) although i have Raiden national team and Ayaka freeze team. Maybe i will have a better luck with the 2.7 enemy re-roll

What do your characters look like? Their levels, weapons, artifacts, talents.

Theoretically you should be able to clear the abyss

Now I'm done with treasure hunting for chests in the areas added so far, if 2.7 adds any new areas it might be a "event" version of the Chasm Underground like the version of Enkanomiya that was in 2.5. if 2.7 don't add any new areas then no more treasure hunting until 3.0.

90c5dc934d52dc905768efb97978faf616520293

Now I finally got that sword so step 1 of my Kuki Shinobu preparations is cleared so now... get it to max level and wait and see what Ascension and Talent Level-Up Materials Kuki needs.

954fcd01602390bdfa36f6392d974cb116520293

Now I can start saving Intertwined Fates for Yelan and Kuki.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Now I'm done with treasure hunting for chests in the areas added so far, if 2.7 adds any new areas it might be a "event" version of the Chasm Underground like the version of Enkanomiya that was in 2.5. if 2.7 don't add any new areas then no more treasure hunting until 3.0.

90c5dc934d52dc905768efb97978faf616520293

Now I finally got that sword so step 1 of my Kuki Shinobu preparations is cleared so now... get it to max level and wait and see what Ascension and Talent Level-Up Materials Kuki needs.

954fcd01602390bdfa36f6392d974cb116520293

Now I can start saving Intertwined Fates for Yelan and Kuki.

Nice one! I dread to think how many chests I missed when going through The Chasm. ? And I guess one positive thing about the 2.7 delay is that you have more time to save up for them now. ? I'm debating whether I should wish on their banners or wait for something else. Guess I'll see how good they are first.

• Like 1

I hope they are going to add setting up the wireless controller for the android users! I think ios have this feature?

If not, I did remapping my controls using 3rd party app and it was fun doin thingy setup?

Screenshot-20220428-211746-com-mi-Ho-Yo-

Im using my phone as my alternative screen and my ps account was linked to android?

• Like 1

I've been trying to do this for some time and it finally happened ?. Beating abyss 12 with my 2 favourite dps characters (Keqing and Ayaka) as solo dps:

YkR02Hh.png

Chamber 3 first half was the hardest by far because it took me forever to deplete the shield of the pyro heralds. In the end the key was switching Kazuha to the Sacrificial sword as double ele skill made it a lot easier to get them and keep them together plus killing those things that they drop down faster.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Theladozz said:

I've been trying to do this for some time and it finally happened 1f601.png. Beating abyss 12 with my 2 favourite dps characters (Keqing and Ayaka) as solo dps:

YkR02Hh.png

Chamber 3 first half was the hardest by far because it took me forever to deplete the shield of the pyro heralds. In the end the key was switching Kazuha to the Sacrificial sword as double ele skill made it a lot easier to get them and keep them together plus killing those things that they drop down faster.

Congrats! ? Keqing was my go-to in the early game. Good to know she's viable in the Abyssal Moon Spire as well, even if she doesn't fare too well against the pyro heralds. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1