Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

15 minutes ago, JakeSS14 said:

I’ve not long started the game about 2 weeks ago what do people mean with C0 and c1 next to them. 

Character Constellations. When you get a copy of a character you can unlock a constellation for a character(various permanent upgrades). C0 is no constellations unlocked. C1 - one unlocked. C6 is the max. Same goes for weapons, but it's called a refinement and abbreviated as R1-R5. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Personally, I think it's more fun to build your own team than follow the meta. Bennett, for example, is a character that I know is almost universally used for the Abyss, but I don't particularly like his personality or playstyle and I like to find ways to get content done without him.

That's pretty crazy you were able to finish the Abyss with relatively low investment all around (especially on talent levels and weapon levels). Just goes to show that you don't need to dump a ton of money or time into the game to succeed. (Also, I'm liking the all-male 5-stars.)

I can't get more than 30 stars on this cycle.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that.

Hence why I'm still using Noelle in my team.

It's not optimal, but I absolutely love her playstyle and character.

For the Abyss, I think that as long as you have 3/4 good characters, you are set to go.

And, the person that you responded to has, Zhongli, Ayato, Kazuha.

And with Xiangling, Bennet, Xinhqiu some of the best supports.

So, I would even go as far to say that that team isn't really that bad :P

Heck, I would kill for a Zhongli, Kazuha or Xingqiu. :P

I'm kinda hoping myself that I can level up my Jean the coming weeks and get some good artifact rolls.

And, hopefully I'm able to finish the Abyss Tower then, so I don't have to pull for Zhongli.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ReverzerO- said:

I think switch Xiangling to Xingqiu like most people do, Xiangling is always on the 1st half if you want to speedrun. 

Yh, when I was checking the enemies for each floor I missed the Frostarm Lawachurl, needless to say he was probably the hardest part of that floor, at least Diluc was able to take care of him with relatively ease.

On 12/08/2022 at 3:35 AM, Cassylvania said:

Personally, I think it's more fun to build your own team than follow the meta. Bennett, for example, is a character that I know is almost universally used for the Abyss, but I don't particularly like his personality or playstyle and I like to find ways to get content done without him.

That's pretty crazy you were able to finish the Abyss with relatively low investment all around (especially on talent levels and weapon levels). Just goes to show that you don't need to dump a ton of money or time into the game to succeed. (Also, I'm liking the all-male 5-stars.)

I can't get more than 30 stars on this cycle.

Most of the characters I use is because I either like the gameplay or their personality. I guess I got lucky as I enjoy most of the meta character's stories. I do also plan to go back to Kaeya, really enjoyed his gameplay back when I started. Kuki also seemed pretty fun and I have a few Tenacity pieces left over from Zhongli. Might throw in Heizou too, he has a really unique gameplay.

I honestly thought Abyss wasn't that complicated if you know how to perform reactions and have a decent idea of what you want each character to be. I'm completely f2p and had no troubles doing it, it's all a save for the characters you want and if all of them come in a row pick one (this happened to me when Raiden, Ayato, Venti and Ayaka came all at once, ended up picking Ayato because of his gameplay). It limits the game but you end up appreciating new characters even more.

I do hope one day I can get 36 stars but that might take a while. Maybe when Dainsleif comes around ?.

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

Looks like from 3.0 onwards, each update of Genshin Impact will be one week shorter so the wait for 3.2 will be 10 weeks. Also with Collei confirmed to be given for free then I can save my fates for Nilou and Candace(Hopefully this beauty is on the same banner as Nilou but I can see myself pulling on Cryo's banner just to get her) in 3.1. Looking forward to be exploring Sumeru and doing the new quests.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 2

I sure am looking forward to the 3.0 update.

As for chars the only one i might pull for is the dancer girl and made Raddish/Leek archon xD.

EDIT: From a quick look it seems like a few Commanders (Azur Lane) are exploring Teyvat aswell.

Edited by Tosmasta00
  • Like 1

Is Candace a 4 star? This is the first official artwork I've seen of her, and I don't remember her being in the Sumeru trailers.

Definitely want to get her regardless, love the Egyptian aesthetics (strong Yu-Gi-Oh vibes with both the headpiece and the shield) and the heterochromia looks awesome as well. Hydro Polearm too! 

Candace's design is really cool. Hopefully I'll be able to get her at some point, but right now I'm really close to guarantee + soft pity (was kinda hoping for more Yoimiya cons) and there's no 5* I really want until Dehya, so I guess I'll have to hold off for a while and hope she shows up later for me. After taking a whole year of playing before Chongyun or Fischl showed up I'm not sure she will.

Maybe I'll test out Nilou or Cyno and really like their playstyle though, shall have to wait and see.

Candace honestly feels like she should be a 5* with that design, let's hope Hoyoverse doesn't mess up her kit too badly, unlike some other 4* star polearm I know of. I don't mind getting Nilou or Cyno, so will be pulling her regardless of which banner she shows up in. 3.1 is also the 2nd year anniversary patch, so no telling what they might do in regards to banner orders.

I'm halfway around Pity at this stage.

So, with any luck, I'll be able to pull Zhongli rather quickly. (And, finally complete the Abyss tower).

I also managed to max out the reputation for Liyue last week, so... only Inazuma left (for this trophy list.)

Not sure if there are going to be more trophies added, but regardless... after I complete the Abyss tower, I'll be taking a short break from Genshin until the Sumeru region and the story is completely implemented. (So, likely around 3.7, or something.)

I'll be logging in once a week to do the rep quests, but apart from that... I really hate how the game is designed to stop you from enjoying it.

I don't mind grinding for artifact, just let me do it on my own pace, instead of 20 minutes each day.

Genshin Impact, when you play the story and are just exploring the world. 9/10

Genshin Impact, after you finish the story. 2/10.

Edited by JusttJD

2 days left, pre-installation patch has been downloaded and ready to go for Wednesday. Skipping Tighnari as he comes to Standard banner and will go all-in for Ganyu.

So 3.1 will feature two new 5*, followed by Dendro Archon in 3.2 It's going to be rough but I'll try to pull for all 3 of them, UNLESS Yelan somehow gets a rerun in 3.2

The only reason I'd be willing to skip either Nilou or Cyno for a hypothetical Yelan is because of the insane buff Hydro Resonance will get.

Spoiler

r/Genshin_Impact - Dendro resonance + update on Hydro and Electro Resonance

This 25% max HP increase means that Hu Tao (my main) is getting crazy buffs. Her best team will now be Hu Tao - Zhongli - Xingqiu - Yelan (instead of Albedo). All 4 members scale with HP (damage for Hu Tao & Yelan, shield strength for Zhongli and damage resistance for Xingqiu's swords), this team will wreck in Abyss. Also lineups with Kokomi will greatly benefit from this change.

As for the Dendro resonance I can see some crazy double Dendro + elemental DPS + Kazuha teams coming soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

2 days left, pre-installation patch has been downloaded and ready to go for Wednesday. Skipping Tighnari as he comes to Standard banner and will go all-in for Ganyu.

So 3.1 will feature two new 5*, followed by Dendro Archon in 3.2 It's going to be rough but I'll try to pull for all 3 of them, UNLESS Yelan somehow gets a rerun in 3.2

The only reason I'd be willing to skip either Nilou or Cyno for a hypothetical Yelan is because of the insane buff Hydro Resonance will get.

Reveal hidden contents

r/Genshin_Impact - Dendro resonance + update on Hydro and Electro Resonance

This 25% max HP increase means that Hu Tao (my main) is getting crazy buffs. Her best team will now be Hu Tao - Zhongli - Xingqiu - Yelan (instead of Albedo). All 4 members scale with HP (damage for Hu Tao & Yelan, shield strength for Zhongli and damage resistance for Xingqiu's swords), this team will wreck in Abyss. Also lineups with Kokomi will greatly benefit from this change.

As for the Dendro resonance I can see some crazy double Dendro + elemental DPS + Kazuha teams coming soon.

That hydro resonance buff is wild. I want Yelan anyway since I main Yoimiya and didn't get her last time, but I also run Kokomi in that team right now. Yoi/Yelan/Kokomi/YunJin sounds like it'll absolutely fuck after this. Just hope I can save enough primos for both Yelan rerun and Dehya.

8 hours ago, Seasonreaper said:

Candace's design is really cool. Hopefully I'll be able to get her at some point, but right now I'm really close to guarantee + soft pity (was kinda hoping for more Yoimiya cons) and there's no 5* I really want until Dehya, so I guess I'll have to hold off for a while and hope she shows up later for me. After taking a whole year of playing before Chongyun or Fischl showed up I'm not sure she will.

Maybe I'll test out Nilou or Cyno and really like their playstyle though, shall have to wait and see.

Dehya is going to be 3.3 or later so you got until end of the year/next year at least before she shows up.

New Artifact Strongbox is a godsend. Recycled all of my Maiden's Beloved and some trash pieces of Glads, Wanderers, Emblems etc. 300 or so in total. Got 3 EM Sands and 3 EM Goblets of Viridescent Venerer and some other good pieces. Happy.

Tried out Collei and Tignari. Collei doesn't really seems usable to me at the first glance. Tignari on the other hand can be a nice Spread Main DPS. Wouldn't mind losing 50/50 to him. 

I wanted more trophies for Sumeru plus some for Enkanomiya and Chasm, but these are fine too. I will start playing now (even though I still have to download the patch for my PlayStation so the game will lag a bit). I wonder if the quest trophies will be obnoxious, aka time-gated like some in Inazuma.

1 hour ago, ZOLANTON said:

I wanted more trophies for Sumeru plus some for Enkanomiya and Chasm, but these are fine too. I will start playing now (even though I still have to download the patch for my PlayStation so the game will lag a bit). I wonder if the quest trophies will be obnoxious, aka time-gated like some in Inazuma.

Inazuma had 2 trophy packs, so it wouldn't surprise me one they finish Sumeru completely, that another pack will be added.

Because, I can not imagine there not being a trophy for 

- Upgrading the statue of 

- Maxing out the reputation

- Maxing out the new tree.

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if they don't add those.

But, I imagine they will.

54 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Well, alrighty then :D

Genshin-Impact-20220824112730.jpg

This is just like when I pulled him way back in 1.1 Got him twice just like you. Congrats, double pillar is really good!

Regarding the new trophies, unless I am missing something, I'd say the trophies for revealing the entire map + waypoints are not obtainable yet. I have found all 5 Statues of the Seven + went to every Waypoint in the map (minus 1 because you must do something to get it first) and no achievement for either. For waypoints it says I have 37/46 (38 with the one I can't get yet). So unless progressing the story or doing certain world quests unlocks some additional parts of the map, probably these will be earned in a future patch. I will update when I start the archon and world quests.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZOLANTON said:

This is just like when I pulled him way back in 1.1 Got him twice just like you. Congrats, double pillar is really good!

Regarding the new trophies, unless I am missing something, I'd say the trophies for revealing the entire map + waypoints are not obtainable yet. I have found all 5 Statues of the Seven + went to every Waypoint in the map (minus 1 because you must do something to get it first) and no achievement for either. For waypoints it says I have 37/46 (38 with the one I can't get yet). So unless progressing the story or doing certain world quests unlocks some additional parts of the map, probably these will be earned in a future patch. I will update when I start the archon and world quests.

Also, I got Fischl to C6, so... that's pretty sweet too.

Damn, thanks for finding all of that out, already.

I think I'm just going to wait with playing sumeru until it's all unlocked.

21 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Also, I got Fischl to C6, so... that's pretty sweet too.

Damn, thanks for finding all of that out, already.

I think I'm just going to wait with playing sumeru until it's all unlocked.

C6 Fischl is an amazing pair for Childe or any other character that fires quickly like Yoimiya. Oz will attack every time you do, so that's a guaranteed reaction. 

So far I love everything about Sumeru. OST and scenery are top-notch. They even added two elements that help with exploration to make it a bit faster. I hope the main story will deliver just like in Inazuma.

• Like 1