Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

Is it true that we're able to start the event for the free Collei even if Inazuma quests haven't been finished yet?

I only just recently picked Genshin back up and I'm still on Act 2 Chapter 2. Haven't touched the Chasm and I know there is the Dainsleif Interlude chapter as well as the Perilous Trail stuff as well.

I don't want to miss out on any primos or anything, but I also don't want to rush through Inazuma and get burnt out before I even get to Sumeru.

5 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Is it true that we're able to start the event for the free Collei even if Inazuma quests haven't been finished yet?

I only just recently picked Genshin back up and I'm still on Act 2 Chapter 2. Haven't touched the Chasm and I know there is the Dainsleif Interlude chapter as well as the Perilous Trail stuff as well.

I don't want to miss out on any primos or anything, but I also don't want to rush through Inazuma and get burnt out before I even get to Sumeru.

Yes, you can start the event right away. If you go to the Events tab, you are given the option to use Quick Start on the event. However, the game will warn you that it is better to complete certain quests beforehand, so you will better enjoy the event's story. You have 34 days, the entire duration of 3.0, to complete the event if you don't want to miss on Primos and a free Collei.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Yes, you can start the event right away. If you go to the Events tab, you are given the option to use Quick Start on the event. However, the game will warn you that it is better to complete certain quests beforehand, so you will better enjoy the event's story. You have 34 days, the entire duration of 3.0, to complete the event if you don't want to miss on Primos and a free Collei.

I thought that was the case, but glad to have it confirmed, thank you!

I'm not too fussed about the event story to be honest, so I will probably just get my Collei to start with, and then try and get through Inazuma over the next month while chipping away at the event to get my primos.

Edited by HelixNebula_x
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

Regarding the new trophies, unless I am missing something, I'd say the trophies for revealing the entire map + waypoints are not obtainable yet. I have found all 5 Statues of the Seven + went to every Waypoint in the map (minus 1 because you must do something to get it first) and no achievement for either. For waypoints it says I have 37/46 (38 with the one I can't get yet). So unless progressing the story or doing certain world quests unlocks some additional parts of the map, probably these will be earned in a future patch. I will update when I start the archon and world quests.

Regarding this, new Waypoints and Statues of the Seven appear as you complete the side-quests in Sumeru. Some of them are tied to the quests you have to do in the new DLC and the longest quest seems to be Aranyaka (at least one other trophy-related quest is part of Aranyaka). So everything should be obtainable in this patch.

• Like 1

Tjeeeeeeeezussssss...
What... a... difference.

Now, my teams are

Klee - Noelle - Rosaria/Bennet - Jean

Yoijima - Yelan - Zhongli - Fischl

And, I'm just running through the floors (floors 9 and 10 both 9 stars already, first try)

Zhongli is level 78 now, so there is still room to grow, but... I feel hopeful that I can do floor 12 with this line-up :D

23 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Yoijima - Yelan - Zhongli - Fischl

This is literally you right now. 

For anyone interested there are a 3.1 character video leaks at this channel.

And also all the stats/talents/etc are now availeble at  Project Amber. (Need to turn on unreleased content in site's settings, though.)

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

This is literally you right now. 

For anyone interested there are a 3.1 character video leaks at this channel.

And also all the stats/talents/etc are now availeble at  Project Amber. (Need to turn on unreleased content in site's settings, though.)

I did manage to clear floor 12 - 1 ... for the first time ever... with Yoijima dying after a minute...

50 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Same lol, she's the only Sumeru character i'm interested in. If Dendro ends up being good I might pull for the Dendro archon.

Yea funny you mention that, I am saving for both of them, Nahida and Dehya, nothing else caught my interest

Nilou is cool but just got Yelan, too much hydro

Edited by MichMasteR

51 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

I don't know how they keep doing this, but this Archon quest was simply fantastic. And we are still in Act 2! Main questline is just on another level compared to every other side and event quest. Kudos to the writing team.

Having finished that and done Tighnari's story quest, it's time to start exploring Sumeru. Managed to find all Waypoints and 3 of them are extremely tricky. 2 in particular are found underground and they do not appear in the map even after you have uncovered it via the Statues of the Seven, they only show up when you get really close to them. One is in Chatrakam Cave and the other in Apam Woods for anyone wanting to find them, but take note you must do the Aranyaka questline to access these areas. There is also one Waypoint underwater and you need to do some puzzles to lower the water level. I have started a trophy guide for the DLC with another guide writer, we'll hopefully have it up really soon.

Much appreciated. ?

I don't mind Genshin continuing to get trophies but I do wish they'd chill a bit with the X00 chest trophies. It's one of those things where the more you try to do it the more difficult it feels. The top-tier ones are always a struggle for me.

As far as characters, I do need a good hydro character so I might try for Nilou. Going to wait and see what people think once her kit is published. Also need a Dendro character obviously, but I'm just not feeling Tighnari from the story chapter and the test run.

12 minutes ago, Tothoro said:

I don't mind Genshin continuing to get trophies but I do wish they'd chill a bit with the X00 chest trophies. It's one of those things where the more you try to do it the more difficult it feels. The top-tier ones are always a struggle for me.

Have you tried using the Interactive Map? Hoyoverse have one that's directly through their 'Hoyolab' app, and it even has the Sumeru region from what I saw last night.

It does take away some of the 'fun' of exploring, but if you're already feeling like the chests are a bit of a chore then it's a really useful tool. I've personally been using it to get through Inazuma, as I want to get up to date so I can finally start building some real teams. Also helps rack up some primos too from all the chests and the achievements.

Hey @Tothoro, I'm nowhere near close to exploring in Sumeru, but I went ahead and used the Quick Event feature to start the quest there that lets you recruit Collei. I only did this because I blew a bunch of primogems to wish for Yoimiya (who came home!). I have enough to try for Zhongli, but I'm not sure I'll get him. More than anything, I wanted to make sure I had a character to build up to unlock the Adventurer's Handbook rewards for training at least one character in all of the elements.

Yeah, I have Collei and Dendro Traveler to do the puzzles and such but I'm not sold enough on either to warrant the farming/investment to bring them up-to-snuff. It's a decent amount of effort to fully build out a character, so I'd like a Dendro character I can more confidently invest in and feel like they're a good value. I'm sure one will come sooner or later, but based on the leaks it seems like 3.2 or later.

5 hours ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Have you tried using the Interactive Map? Hoyoverse have one that's directly through their 'Hoyolab' app, and it even has the Sumeru region from what I saw last night.

It does take away some of the 'fun' of exploring, but if you're already feeling like the chests are a bit of a chore then it's a really useful tool. I've personally been using it to get through Inazuma, as I want to get up to date so I can finally start building some real teams. Also helps rack up some primos too from all the chests and the achievements.

I've used Game8's in the past, but I didn't realize Hoyoverse had their own and Game8 didn't have one up last I checked. That'll definitely be helpful, appreciate the resource!

8 hours ago, Tothoro said:

As far as characters, I do need a good hydro character so I might try for Nilou. Going to wait and see what people think once her kit is published. Also need a Dendro character obviously, but I'm just not feeling Tighnari from the story chapter and the test run.

I rather have the X000 chest trophies, than another one like maxing reputation or maxing out the tree.

The chests ones, you can at least finish those of in a weekend, or so.

I'm ok with those "chest collecting" trophies, need to get them for the primos anyway, but I'd really like them to indicate the exact number there is on each part of the map (and how many of them we already have). I had 100% on every map before Sumeru and still stumble on some chests from time to time, not surprised anymore but imo it makes no sense.

Just like some other players here, waiting for Nahida and Dehya was the plan. Now that I did the archon quest... maybe I'll try to get Al Haitam too, depending on his kit. Tighnari came home pretty early (well... 57 wishes but won the 50/50 and I'm used to 75-90 for each character so, early when compared to that) so that's one good thing. No Collei on the banner tho.

Sumeru looks so pretty... I had decided to focus on quests but I can't help myself. I just roam and enjoy the view until I get lost and remember "right, the quest..." ?. Next goal is getting the level 2 reputation in Sumeru.

14 hours ago, JusttJD said:

I rather have the X000 chest trophies, than another one like maxing reputation or maxing out the tree.

The chests ones, you can at least finish those of in a weekend, or so.

True, those also suck. I mentioned the chest ones because we got those again with this update and not reputation/tree.

Now I've jinxed it, haven't I? 

• Like 1