Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

2 hours ago, Mercenary09 said:

I know it's not possible to fully upgrade them yet as I've done everything you can do currently but I was saying I wonder if they'll add trophies for them. When Inazuma first came out they had a trophy for fully upgrading the tree and statues but you couldn't earn those trophies until months later. This time around they didn't do a trophy for them right away making me wonder if they just decided not to at all of if they have another batch coming

Yeah, I thought that was a really strange move on their part. A bunch of the Inazuma trophies were just straight-up unobtainable for a while and that bugged the heck out of the completionist in me. Maybe they got feedback on that and learned from it? Though honestly I'm not entirely sure how much of a priority the PlayStation audience is for them or if the trophies are an afterthought.

I think it's less a matter of "if" based on previous setts and more a matter of "when", but that really is just a guess on what they've done in previous regions. However, they also haven't been super consistent on trophies broadly, and there isn't a whole lot of data to establish a trend on. Maybe they just like to keep us guessing?

4 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Well they probably named the trophy for unlocking the map "Sumeru: Continental Explorer (I)" for a reason. They wouldn't have added the (I) at the end if Continental Explorer (II) wasn't coming. Just a guess.

All trophies (names and requirements) are taken from the in-game achievements. The only thing the (I) tells us is that there will be more in-game achievements for the new parts of Sumeru. I hope we will also get some trophies as well.

Confirmed there are 9 new trophies for the Desert.

Reach Reputation Lv. 10 in Sumeru - Silver

Light up the maps - bronze

Unlock all teleport points in desert - silver

open 60 chests in desert - bronze

open 120 chests in desert - bronze

open 240 chests in desert - bronze

three quests related trophies that are silver, bronze, bronze

Still no trophy for fully upgrading the tree. Makes me wonder if there is another part of Sumeru coming and they'll add the trophy then

I had a strong feeling they were going to add more trophies in 3.1. The 3.0 trophies didn't have the usual trophies for areas so I expected this. They (Hoyoverse) probably realised they released the Inazuma trophies straight away when some of the trophies weren't obtainable until later patches and didn't want to do the same thing with Sumeru 

• Like 2

From a quick exploration on the desert area, you can uncover all 3 Statues of the Seven in one go, but there are 9 (!) Waypoints that you cannot get initially. I assume you must either do a side-quest or the archon quest to find them.

Also, for the web event there is a task where you have to see another Traveler's memories from the past year, so if you still need it, feel free to click on mine here.

• Like 3

Alright, first impressions so far from the desert. Amazing scenery and soundtrack as always. The desert battle theme is godlike!!

Only complaint I have is that navigation inside the pyramids and caves is way too difficult. Archon Quest Chapter 3 was incredible, Chapter 4 was not as good but it is understandable as it sets the pace for the epic finale in the next version. Cyno's story quest was okayish.

Managed to find all Waypoints after looking a lot. 9 of them are hidden behind side-quests. You need to do the Golden Slumber quest, which will give you access to 6-7 of them (and 2 trophies). Then the next day visit the statue of the seven near Aaru Village to trigger a cutscene that starts another side-quest to get 1 more Waypoint (and another trophy). The final waypoint can be accessed after you start Afratu's Dilemma quest in the southern part of the desert, just before the giant Ruin Guard. I think this quest triggers only after you complete Golden Slumber, but I am not 100% sure here. The quest didn't appear yesterday when I was uncovering the map.

Now only the chest trophies are left and of course the Reputation one, which will take a few weeks before it is obtained, I think it won't be obtainable before 3.2

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

The final waypoint can be accessed after you start Afratu's Dilemma quest in the southern part of the desert, just before the giant Ruin Guard. I think this quest triggers only after you complete Golden Slumber, but I am not 100% sure here. The quest didn't appear yesterday when I was uncovering the map.

I triggered Afratu's Dilemma as soon as I got into the desert and was uncovering the Teleport Waypoints. I think it wasn't in the map, but it automatically triggered when I got close to the robot

You also don't need the quest that unlocks the day after Golden Slumber for the waypoints. I finished Golden Slumber today and haven't had a chance to get the other quest yet, but I was still able to fumble my way to all of the waypoints.

Honestly, this map was a bit of a mess. There's so much underground stuff and so many layers of things stacked on top of each other. It's going to make following the interactive map for treasures a pain in the butt. I ditched it fairly early on because it just wasn't very thoroughly filled in (presumably they're still updating it - the update did only launch a few days ago). Need to wrap up the world quest after the server resets, but otherwise I'm just waiting on Reputation for this trophy set.

On 30/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, Tothoro said:

You also don't need the quest that unlocks the day after Golden Slumber for the waypoints. I finished Golden Slumber today and haven't had a chance to get the other quest yet, but I was still able to fumble my way to all of the waypoints.

I assume there has to be an alternative path to the waypoint southeast from the main pyramid, because for me the door to reach it required a level of clearance that I got from the next day's side-quest.

Explored 100% of the lower and upper Setekh areas, now only the desert is left, but thankfully the 240 chests trophy already popped. Only reputation is left to return to 100% for the trophies.

7 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

I assume there has to be an alternative path to the waypoint southeast from the main pyramid, because for me the door to reach it required a level of clearance that I got from the next day's side-quest.

Yeah, that was the last one I got to as well. IIRC there's a domain near the path running east-west east of the pyramid that you get to by falling down a section of disappearing flooring (or at least, that's how I got to it). From there it eventually connects to the big watterlogged hall and one of the other exits (presumably the primary entrance) has the waypoint. Hard to remember exactly because the caves and tunnels are so labyrinthine, but it definitely felt like I was doing things out of order. When I did Old Notes and New Friends (the post-reset quest) I had all of the exploration objectives for Soheil's Wish pre-completed; made the quest chain a bit anti-climactic haha.

And Sumeru's new areas are at 100% exploration. While the pyramids and the entire desert are aesthetically some of the best areas they have made for Genshin so far, exploration is terrible there. The underground areas and the pyramids are mazes. There were times I was actually dizzy trying to find the correct path.

Now that we make the trophy guide, I calculated that you need 11 weeks to reach Reputation Level 10 in Sumeru. If you started as soon as Sumeru was released you can get the final trophy in 5 weeks from now, the week 3.2 will be released, assuming you do all World Quests, even the 3 tied to a daily commission. Since this is luck-based and I don't think anyone will be lucky enough to get all of them done, you would normally need one more week for level 10, but we will get another Archon Quest Act next patch and it will give us the final EXP from completing it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone know how to get the path to enlightenment trophy? 

I got it towards the end of the quest chain involving the authentication slate. The chain starts in Aaru Village and takes you to every single ruin. At several points the quests end without any further guidance, just go back to Aaru Village and someone will be there to continue the chain (may require passing time or the daily server reset at some points). The whole chain took me about five hours over several days.

56 minutes ago, tomhannay said:

I got it towards the end of the quest chain involving the authentication slate. The chain starts in Aaru Village and takes you to every single ruin. At several points the quests end without any further guidance, just go back to Aaru Village and someone will be there to continue the chain (may require passing time or the daily server reset at some points). The whole chain took me about five hours over several days.

Thank you!