Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

1 hour ago, JusttJD said:

There are only two characters that I really want... and those are Keqing and Qiqi.

Standard banner 5* characters are bound to be obtained sooner or later, the more you play the game. Last one I needed was Diluc and I got him just 2 patches ago.

With that said if from what I heard, that Tighnari will enter the standard banner after 3.0, I hope I can get him soon from a 50/50 loss.

• Like 2

S9iQfYn.png

My 36* lineup for this Abyss. It heavily favors Pyro on the first half, so having that is a must. Swapped teams for last floor because first part really sucks without a shielder and Ruin Serpent gets shredded by Yae.

Still use Diluc as the Pyro DPS. Haven't had any issues so far. Could be better yeah, but I've had awful luck with pulling limited 5*s in general. Lost 4 of 5 50/50s so far and all took 70+ pulls on limited banner, and I'm not gonna spend any more on this game after buying 2 welkins to try and get Raiden only to get Qiqi'd. Got lucky for once with getting Kazuha in about 30 pulls right after getting Qiqi'd again, so maybe it'll finally start to even out for me.

Jean is really underrated. Recommend using her if you have her. She can instantly heal your entire team to full with her burst so she usually takes up one spot in my Abyss teams

• Like 3

Finally got Thundering Pulse, only got it to 60 more I ran out of mats.  Know what I'm doing tomorrow.  Today, I just did the gold Ley Lines cause I was broke after triple crowning Yoimiya.

FZV_vmLXwAAGzs5.jpg

It took like fifty pulls.  Thought I was going to get off easy when my first ten pull was yellow, but I pulled both of these.  Don't even know who to give them to.

FZV__V-XgAEjs-N.jpg

FZWACjQXEAMmzSr.jpg

• Like 4

Here's a cute video for Yoimiya wanters/havers.

Mine is currently still being built. Shimenawa domain doesn't want to grant me a decent crit damage circlet and I'm unwilling to lvlup the only one I got. Still want to use her in current Abyss cycle. That pesky snake is going to get what it deserves.

wsAjb7g.png

11 hours ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

This is now my updated build for Yoimiya, got her double crowned and still farming talents for her burst. 

Shouldn't it be better to run a Pyro% goblet? Or you just don't have any decent shimenawa circlet. I have seem that a great AtK% circlet can be a nice sustitute for a Crit%, but never a goblet.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know. KeqingMains have a really detailed in-depth guides for each character

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

Here's a cute video for Yoimiya wanters/havers.

Mine is currently still being built. Shimenawa domain doesn't want to grant me a decent crit damage circlet and I'm unwilling to lvlup the only one I got. Still want to use her in current Abyss cycle. That pesky snake is going to get what it deserves.

wsAjb7g.png

Shouldn't it be better to run a Pyro% goblet? Or you just don't have any decent shimenawa circlet. I have seem that a great AtK% circlet can be a nice sustitute for a Crit%, but never a goblet.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know. KeqingMains have a really detailed in-depth guides for each character

In most cases, yes it is generally better to run elemental dmg bonus goblets over atk%, however  there isn't a drastic difference in dmg between the two from my own experience, so using whichever has the better substats is most preferred and atk% is still a good substitute. Yoimiya also gets a lot of bonus dmg from the shimenawa set and the thundering pulse weapon passive. Using certain characters/team comps can also help balance dmg bonus and atk. These were my teams for the latest spiral abyss floor 12:

EQIWwO3.png

Having Kazuha buff elemental dmg really helps out. I also tried out Yoimiya, Yunjin, Yelan, and Zhongli team on the second half as well to similar results. I will try to find a good Pyro dmg bonus goblet for Yoimiya, Hu Tao and Diluc are both using decent ones in case anyone was wondering. 

Also, here's a video I found showcasing the difference in Pyro and atk goblets for Yoimiya:

Edited by Whitelightnin683
  • Like 2

I wish I came to this thread earlier.
And, didn't waste all my resources on leveling up characters like the Traveler, Barbara, Rosaria, Diona, etc...

Tried the Abyss Tower floor again with Yoimija ascended, but... still no success.

Now, that is most likely because of my own lack of ability and not knowing enough about this game and optimal stuff.
And, just clearly mismanaging my party.

Genshin-Impact-20220805224001.jpg

Party 1 : Klee, Yelan, Xianling, Diona

Party 2 : Yoimija, Noelle, Bennet, Rosaria

Now, I know that people suggested that I should use Yun Jin, Gorou and/or Jean.

But, by the time that I leveled those up properly and get all the artifact, we're in 2023...

If there is 1 character in my roster right now that could make the difference for me, who would that be?
Or, just changing up my parties.

I'd like to have Yelan and Yoimija together in one party.
But, I kinda need the DPS in the second stage, while I really need Yelan her big damage moves to deal with the crowd of people.

I'm also struggling with surviving once those 3 big boys show up in stage 1, that can be fixed with moving Noelle to party 1, but that causes Yoijima to be completely demolished in stage 2...

I am thinking about maybe trying something like this.

Party 1 : Yoimija, Yelan, Bennet, Diona

Party 2 : Klee, Xiangling, Noelle, Geo Traveler

But, pretty sure I'll be lacking the DPS in the second party then...

(oh, and... yeah... I just got Qiqi from the standard banner :D )

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 1

Barbara is actually a solid healer unless you have Kokomi, who's just Barbara but better, Rosaria is supposedly actually really strong for a 4* and I've seen a lot of people recommending Diona with Yoimiya too. Personally I don't like either of them so I haven't bothered levelling them, but I don't think they're bad characters at all. Traveler... is kinda mid though.

Also is it just me, or is floor 12 of current abyss kinda ridiculous? I can 3* 9-11 but 12-3 especially is kicking me in the dick. Maybe I just need to fiddle around with my teams a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

Barbara is actually a solid healer unless you have Kokomi, who's just Barbara but better, Rosaria is supposedly actually really strong for a 4* and I've seen a lot of people recommending Diona with Yoimiya too. Personally I don't like either of them so I haven't bothered levelling them, but I don't think they're bad characters at all. Traveler... is kinda mid though.

Also is it just me, or is floor 12 of current abyss kinda ridiculous? I can 3* 9-11 but 12-3 especially is kicking me in the dick. Maybe I just need to fiddle around with my teams a bit.

I really dislike Diona.

Her shield is over, so fast... meaning I have to leave in the middle of Yoimija's ability...

Now, I could use Noelle for that, but that kinda means that the other team gets wrecked.
I really miss another good shield at this stage.
All my DPS characters (Klee and Yoi, are pretty much glass cannons.)

1 hour ago, JusttJD said:

Party 1 : Klee, Yelan, Xianling, Diona

Party 2 : Yoimija, Noelle, Bennet, Rosaria

Party 1: Klee Xianling Rosaria Bennett

Party 2: Yoimiya Yelan Fischl Noellee. Or maybe Geo traveler instead of Fischl for the resonance. But Fischl is more dps.

58 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

If I recall correctly. I did 36* last week with 

1: Klee Xianling Kazuha Zhongli

2: Ayaka Venti Mona Diona 

I've only restarted a 3rd floor 4 or 5 times because the snaky snake is an RNG fiesta.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Party 1: Klee Xianling Rosaria Bennett

Party 2: Yoimiya Yelan Fischl Noellee. Or maybe Geo traveler instead of Fischl for the resonance. But Fischl is more dps.

I've only restarted a 3rd floor 4 or 5 times because the snaky snake is an RNG fiesta.

I'm in the process of leveling Jean up, hopefully I should have her around 80 in a couple days.

Hopefully she can fill up the spot for Rosaria.

Because, quite frankly... I don't see myself surviving that stage with only Bennet healing.

6 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

I'm in the process of leveling Jean up, hopefully I should have her around 80 in a couple days.

Jean will do great, because viridescent venerer set will shred the pyro resistance and will make Klee and Xiangling do more damage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JusttJD said:

I'd like to have Yelan and Yoimija together in one party.
But, I kinda need the DPS in the second stage, while I really need Yelan her big damage moves to deal with the crowd of people.

I'm also struggling with surviving once those 3 big boys show up in stage 1, that can be fixed with moving Noelle to party 1, but that causes Yoijima to be completely demolished in stage 2...

I am thinking about maybe trying something like this.

Party 1 : Yoimija, Yelan, Bennet, Diona

Party 2 : Klee, Xiangling, Noelle, Geo Traveler

But, pretty sure I'll be lacking the DPS in the second party then...

(oh, and... yeah... I just got Qiqi from the standard banner :D )

Looking at your current characters, I would suggest:

Party 1st side: Klee, Bennett, Xiangling, Jean  [Mono-Pyro Klee]
Party 2nd side: Yoimiya, Yelan, Yun Jin, Noelle [ Reverse Vape Yoimiya]

I know you said that it would take a long time to build Yun Jin for you, but she is really good for Yoimiya since she buffs Normal attack damage during her burst.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Hoyoverse seems to have an obsession with adding annoying/time wasting bosses in Spiral Abyss. I guess freeze teams were too good to be left unchallenged. Assuming you don't have her, I wonder if you plan on pulling Shenhe on her rerun banner? Despite being a niche support, she's really good for any Cryo dps and is ideal to use against single target bosses.

2 hours ago, Dead Weight said:

I know you said that it would take a long time to build Yun Jin for you, but she is really good for Yoimiya since she buffs Normal attack damage during her burst.

@JusttJD I second this suggestion, you have the Sunfire combo of Bennett + Jean heals keeping everyone alive. On the other side, definitely get around to building Yunjin. She's pretty much a Yoimiya buff, including any other normal attack characters coming out in the future. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Assuming you don't have her, I wonder if you plan on pulling Shenhe on her rerun banner? Despite being a niche support, she's really good for any Cryo dps and is ideal to use against single target bosses.

Nah, don't really like her design or gameplay. I plan on pulling Nilou and/or Nahida.  If the 50/50 gods will have mercy on me, of course. I fear that Dendro archon will be too essential for any dendro teams, but at least Dendro traveler seems to have a great burst this time around.

1 hour ago, ZOLANTON said:

Anyone tried building Thoma and has any feedback about how well his shield performs? I was thinking of building him as an alternative for Hu Tao's team in case I want to use Zhongli in another lineup.

His shield is...okay at best (Lvl 80 C6 Thoma, 33k HP, 160 Energy Recharge, Lvl 8 Skill & Burst Talents). I'd say it's around the same strength as Diona's, which can break easily if you try to tank to many hits against stronger enemies, namely in the spiral abyss. It's more of a get out of jail free card type of way, if you mess up a dodge. Pyro resonance is good with Hu Tao, but he can steal vapes from her and his burst uptime is tricky with an 80 energy cost. You'll need to make sure he has as much ER and HP as possible, high talent levels too. If you have a C4 Yanfei, I would look into building her full HP/ER similar to Thoma, aka Tankfei build. I think she is the better choice, but Thoma is still viable to help clear harder content as I showed a few posts above this one with my Spiral Abyss team 2. 

Edited by Whitelightnin683
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dead Weight said:

Then, yeah...
I'm definitely going to build Yun Jin once I'm done with Jean.

A couple days to gather all the Dandelion Seeds, and then of course a lot of days to farm all the required mats and artifacts. :P

Also decided that for future sake, it might be better that I'm going to try my luck on the Zhongli banner.

So, that makes 3 characters (hopefully 4 if I manage to pull Ganyu) that I need to level up the coming month...

Also, something that I came across on the internet regarding sumeru, but I'll put it in a spoiler in case people don't want to be spoiled.

It's something about collectables.

Spoiler

Bm8kFLa.jpg That is going to be a lot of collecting... even more than the Sakura tree...

14 hours ago, Akrioz said:

I'm running with the following and it usually works out ok, although my first team is kind of a mess in regards to what I want from it so that's probably why it's not fully working out for me.

1: Some mix of Mona, Hu Tao, Ganyu, Qiqi, Sucrose or Raiden depending on enemies. Maybe I just need to find the right combo for floor 12.

2: Yoimiya, Yun Jun, Zhongli, Kokomi. This seems to work very nicely, although I wish I'd got Yelan.

I do have Jean as well (finally pulled her a few days ago whilst going for Yunjin cons) so maybe I'll power her up and try to switch her in place of both Sucrose and Qiqi. Maybe something like

Mona, Hu Tao, Ganyu, Jean?

5 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

Anyone tried building Thoma and has any feedback about how well his shield performs? I was thinking of building him as an alternative for Hu Tao's team in case I want to use Zhongli in another lineup.

Haven't tried Thoma, but I'm going to second the Tankfei (C4 Yanfei) build. You could equip her with Prototype Amber for heals or TTDS for the attack buff. I was going to pair her with my new Yoimiya, but I hear she's even better with Hu Tao.

4 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

How does one get those cards like the Yoimiya one with the artifacts and what not?

As for me i'm pretty much an Amber Main at this point.

You can use Enka.network or a few other sites. You just need to enter your UID. It seems to pull the information from your Character Showcase, so you'll need to set that up on your Paimon menu first.

Props to Amber mains.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

How does one get those cards like the Yoimiya one with the artifacts and what not?

I use https://enka.shinshin.moe/

48 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

so maybe I'll power her up and try to switch her in place of both Sucrose

Jean and Sucrose kind of have a different purpose in life. Sucrose is great for sharing 20% of her EM to the team and naking reactions stronger. Also being a great driver for electrocharged teams. Jean is more about healing and cleansing status effects. Both can still shred resistance via VV set.

• Like 1