Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

11 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

Anyone tried building Thoma and has any feedback about how well his shield performs? I was thinking of building him as an alternative for Hu Tao's team in case I want to use Zhongli in another lineup.

I tried using Thoma in a Hu Tao comp during her re-run ( Hu Tao, Xingqiu, Thoma, Kazuha) and Thoma just doesn't work. His initial shield has so little strength that during the abyss it can easily get depleted. His shield is only good after using his burst and using some normal attacks but then his Burst will sometimes steal Hu Tao's vape during her skill. He also requires a lot of energy recharge and HP from his artifacts to even perform adequately. 

C4 Yanfei ( Tankfei) just runs so much better than Thoma for Hu Tao. Her c4 shield is much chonkier than Thoma's and even Diona's (not as much as Zhongli but he's the best at shielding anyways) if you give her HP artifacts.
Yanfei even has the benefit of using Prototype Amber for added HP/Energy regen or TTDS for an ATK buff. 

Finally beaten floor 12 without solid build so no star acquired? This is my blend so far, 

Genshin-Impact-20220806194353.jpg

And to beat this worm, I think you have atleast 30k damage relentlessly! Barbara critical the worm 46k damage by the help of Klee? and Xiao is my main dps. 

Genshin-Impact-20220807001004.jpg

• Like 4

Credible leakers are saying the 5 star character banners line up for 3.0 are.

• Phase 1: Tighnari & Zhongli
  • Phase 2: Ganyu & Kokomi

Judging by the characters expected the 5 weapon banners will be.

• Phase 1: Hunter's Path (Tighnari's Bow) & Vortex Vanquisher
  • Phase 2: Amos Bow & Everlasting Moonglow

If you don't have Zhongli or Ganyu I strongly recommend them if you're looking for a great shielder or powerful dps character.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Oh man if that's true, poor Kokomi will be skipped again by me for the 3rd time. Ganyu has already evaded me twice, I can't (and won't) lose her to another 50/50.

Good luck on pulling hopefully you win the 50/50 and get her early, I've had terrible luck winning 50/50 since patch 2.2 only winning 1 out of 8 (I think?). To be honest depending on your team comp as long as you've got a good catalyst equipped with Prototype Amber you don't really need Kokomi.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Credible leakers are saying the 5 star character banners line up for 3.0 are.

• Phase 1: Tighnari & Zhongli
  • Phase 2: Ganyu & Kokomi

Judging by the characters expected the 5 weapon banners will be.

• Phase 1: Hunter's Path (Tighnari's Bow) & Vortex Vanquisher
  • Phase 2: Amos Bow & Everlasting Moonglow

If you don't have Zhongli or Ganyu I strongly recommend them if you're looking for a great shielder or powerful dps character.

Ganyu and Kokomi love me. They both came home on soft pity and then again 15 pulls later. I don't think I could choose between them.

I wonder if it's worth wishing on their weapon banner. I have Ganyu using the Prototype Crescent and Kokomi the TTDS. I could probably make use of either 5-star. Maybe I will grab one weapon and then go for either C2 (although I'm at 0 pity and 50/50 after getting Yoimiya).

I know Zhongli makes more sense for my account, but I don't want it to be that easy.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Definitely going to pull for both Zhongli and Ganyu...
(of course it will depend how lucky I am with the first banner, if I lose the first 50/50, I'll be only focusing on Zhongli)

After that, I won't be pulling for anyone else anymore, except for two characters. (Ayaka and Raiden, but... I'm not going to spend real $ on them, only what I save up in-game.)
That might change of course if I fall in love with another character, but as for now... I think with

Ganyu, Zhongli, Ayaka, Raiden... my roster should be pretty much good to go till the end.

Going to be expensive to pull for Zhongli and Ganyu, but... a big one time expense so I can just play this game for the next 5+ years without having to worry about anything is a good trade for me.

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Maybe I will grab one weapon and then go for either C2 (although I'm at 0 pity and 50/50 after getting Yoimiya).

I know Zhongli makes more sense for my account, but I don't want it to be that easy.

I would go for Zhongli over the weapons. Amos Bow is on the standard banner and I don't ever think it's worth pulling for Kokomi's weapon, I would stick with Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers.

40 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

After that, I won't be pulling for anyone else anymore, except for two characters. (Ayaka and Raiden, but... I'm not going to spend real $ on them, only what I save up in-game.)
That might change of course if I fall in love with another character, but as for now... I think with

Ganyu, Zhongli, Ayaka, Raiden... my roster should be pretty much good to go till the end.

Going to be expensive to pull for Zhongli and Ganyu, but... a big one time expense so I can just play this game for the next 5+ years without having to worry about anything is a good trade for me.

I think this is the way to go have 2 solid parties for the end game and any primos you get from events & dailies in the future go towards constellations for those characters.

I have Ayaka, Hu Tao, Kazuha, Zhongli, Raiden & all the standard 5 star characters. The only character i'm considering pulling is Dehya depending if she is a sub dps pyro applicator if not I most likely won't pull. I don't really need anyone else and these characters will still be good by the time we get to Snezhnaya. I keep hearing insecure content creators say X character will get powercrept but I think they will be fine and characters will be fairly balanced.

• Like 3

I think I'm done with my Yoimiya build.  Now to focus on Eula.

https://enka.network/u/600682571

FZv3LguXwAE402M.jpg

Also did I call it or did I call it.  I knew I'd lose my 50/50 to Jean.  Jean, one of the characters I've wanted since the beginning.  The only thing I want more was Yoimiya constellations.  Yet did just a random pull from dailies.

FZvcauRWIAQh9lW.jpg

• Like 4

I just keep being extremely unlucky with my Artifact drops for Jean.

Normally, with 160 Resin you would get at least 1 "usable" one.

(not a good or perfect one, but just one that at least has the proper main stat.)

But, nothing...

I've spend 640 Resin the past couple of days, and nothing...

Let's hope that I get the batch of Bad RNG out of the way right now, and pull Zhongli quickly in 2 weeks. :P

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JusttJD said:

I just keep being extremely unlucky with my Artifact drops for Jean.

Normally, with 160 Resin you would get at least 1 "usable" one.

(not a good or perfect one, but just one that at least has the proper main stat.)

But, nothing...

I've spend 640 Resin the past couple of days, and nothing...

Let's hope that I get the batch of Bad RNG out of the way right now, and pull Zhongli quickly in 2 weeks. :P

Oh boy. This is the endgame hell that we are all going through. Artifact farming. It can take days to get one good artifact for any character. It's not extremely unlucky, rather quite common for everyone. I'd say only the daily commision RNG for the in-game achievements is worse than Artifact RNG.

Today was that day for me, after farming a full week the same domain you are farming (Viridescent Venerer domain), I got TWO artifacts in the Sands slot with Elemental Mastery as the main stat. The substats were terrible but for a 4pc of that set you don't need anything else other than EM. Gave one to Venti and another to Kazuha. Now I just need either 1 Goblet or 1 Circlet for each and the 5th piece can be an offset.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

(Viridescent Venerer domain), I got TWO artifacts in the Sands slot with Elemental Mastery as the main stat

I got one in three weeks and i already had one before. Still no Goblets of Circlets. At this point I just switched to Shimenawa/Emblem and waiting for 3.0 to drop. Then I'll just throw my 150 Maiden's Beloved and 100 VV pieces into artifact strongbox and pray. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

I hit AR45 last night so the pain can finally begin. I think I'm gonna pop all my Fragile at the weekend and spam the Tenacity and Viridescent domains to hopefully get some good artifacts for Zhongli and Kazuha.

45 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Well, they are kinda making things difficult for me...

Adding another childlike character pretty much messes up my "Cuties" Party.

Klee, Sayu, Diona, Qiqi.

Either they make the party limit 5, or I'm going to have to make an impossible choice.

I think the radish is the cutest one yet, so definitely needs a spot on the team. Maybe you can drop Qiqi and just have Diona's shield/heals? It is a tough choice though.

Edited by HelixNebula_x
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I hit AR45 last night so the pain can finally begin. I think I'm gonna pop all my Fragile at the weekend and spam the Tenacity and Viridescent domains to hopefully get some good artifacts for Zhongli and Kazuha.

I think the radish is the cutest one yet, so definitely needs a spot on the team. Maybe you can drop Qiqi and just have Diona's shield/heals? It is a tough choice though.

Drop QiQi ?!?!
What kind of monster are you?!?! :P

Was finally able to beat Floor 12 before the release of Sumeru. Thought it would be better to do it now before Dendro characters start being required to make Abyss easier.

1828dd2306113-screenshot-Url.jpg

My characters weren't built at all (look at Xiangling), they had their corresponding artifact sets but the sub stats were terrible. Only character I would consider built is Zhongli and he took me around 2 months of farming his domain. While they had terrible artifacts they had their talents leveled up.

For team 1:

- Diluc: Lvl 70 Prototype Archaic. Talents 6/7/7. C0

- Xingqiu: Lvl 90 Sacrificial Sword. Talents 2/7/10. C4

- Bennet: Lvl 80 Summit Shaper. Talents 1/6/8. C1

- Kazuha: Lvl 90 Iron Sting. Talents 5/6/6. C0

I chose Diluc because he was my old main dps and I knew he had some decent artifacts. Him paired with Xingqiu allows for a constant Vaporize effect if you don't have burst problems. Bennet was there for the heals and ATK buff while Kazuha was used for elemental buffs and his CC.

I leveled up Kazuha's Normal attack for the extra plunge damage his A1 gives him. It also affects the plunge damage from his skill.

Team 2:

- Ayato: Lvl 70 Lion's Roar. Talents 5/6/6. C0

- Xiangling: Lvl 20 Favonius Lance 1/3/5. C0

- Fischl: Lvl 70 Alley Hunter. Talents 4/6/5. C1

- Zhongli: Lvl 90 Favonius Lance. Talents 6/8/8. C0

This team has more explaining to do. I used Lion's Roar because of it's passive that gives an ATK buff to enemies affected by Pyro and Electro, since Xiangling burst is always giving pyro effect and Fischl's Oz has pratically an infinite up time this would mean Ayato always had an attack buff available.

Xiangling wasn't built at all, I had just started farming Severed Fates and had nothing to put on her, so just slapped all my ER artifacts on her, added a bad EM artifact to top it all and prayed for the best. My thought was to try to make her reactions do as much damage as possible. It somehow worked. Mixing her burst with Ayato's skill did a lot of damage. And yh only noticed her weapon was lvl 20 after completing Abyss. I would have used The Catch if I had it but fishing is way too boring.

Fischl was there for Oz, using Alley Hunter buffs Oz's attack while she isn't on the field. She was a swap in, use Oz, swap out character.

Zhongli for the shield, I knew these characters would die in 1 or 2 hits. Thankfully my Zhongli is pretty good so his shield never ran out and I never had energy problems with him (I guess the Favonius passive helped with that).

Now to go back to building characters, I'm no expert at the game but I think I did a good job with my team comps considering the characters I had. It was overall pretty easy, even managed to grab more stars than I was expecting. I will be back some day to get those 36 stars.

Sorry for the essay ?

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Now to go back to building characters, I'm no expert at the game but I think I did a good job with my team comps considering the characters I had. It was overall pretty easy, even managed to grab more stars than I was expecting. I will be back some day to get those 36 stars.

Personally, I think it's more fun to build your own team than follow the meta. Bennett, for example, is a character that I know is almost universally used for the Abyss, but I don't particularly like his personality or playstyle and I like to find ways to get content done without him.

That's pretty crazy you were able to finish the Abyss with relatively low investment all around (especially on talent levels and weapon levels). Just goes to show that you don't need to dump a ton of money or time into the game to succeed. (Also, I'm liking the all-male 5-stars.)

I can't get more than 30 stars on this cycle.

• Like 3