Justice for Johnny Depp

CristianX-97

This reminds me of the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case. I was a bit too young at the time to really understand what was going on, but years later I looked into it and I found that Bryant's accuser refused to testify, which dropped the case.

I don't delve into celebrities for a reason and when something like the Johnny Depp situation happens, it automatically goes viral.

I wish Johnny the best of luck, but apart from reading the occasional news about this case on the internet, I've mostly been staying away from it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

Just want to express my support for Johnny Depp. Who else is with me and practically the entire internet on this? Been tuning in on the live stream of the trial the last two weeks every day, for almost it's entirety. It's quite interesting to watch and listen to. I don't buy Ambers fake crying/sobbing for a split second. It's all just an act for her and memorizing irrelevant shit that her lawyers told her to say. She's so inconsistent. Don't take my word for it, go on the JusticeForJohnny subreddit and see for yourself the amount of bullshit this person is doing/saying on live TV. For crying out loud, she literally took a shit on Johnny Depp's bed; I mean what sane person does that? She literally does a "holding a tissue to my face, wiping a tear pose" for the camera(s) sneaky, thinking people wouldn't notice. All of Johnny Depp's witnesses all testified that they never saw/noticed any noticeable bruising or marks on her face (look yourself up what actual broken noses, lips, etc look like) not some dark shade skin spots from lack of sleep or something of the sort. I hope to God the jury sees through her bullshit and sides with Johnny Depp once this trial wraps. 

Your reaction is exactly why trials like this are televised. A persons actions in a courtroom have nothing to do with the accusations and process of examining the historical facts of the case, but people lean into ad hominem logical fallacies as if they have any relation to the facts being presented and debated. People may as well point to astrological signs as some kind of indication of guilt. And since logical fallacies run rampant on the internet because elementary and middle school science fails to adequately teach it effectively when explaining the scientific process, we end up where we are today.

Her performance is intended to win over a jury of 12 who they hope also failed to understand facts in grade school and instead go with their "gut feelings" if they're sympathetic to her courtroom performance. The US jury trial hinges on hoping more than half of a jury is smart enough to focus on their responsibility of understanding the facts of the case and how they apply to the law (or use jury nullification in the case of bogus laws).

The defendants attorneys have done a more that sufficient job of failing to defend the allegations of defamation the suit alleges. Defamation is a challenging thing to prove in a lawsuit and that really is going to be what the jury needs to decide: Did Ambers actions meet the requirement for defamation?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

Just want to express my support for Johnny Depp. Who else is with me and practically the entire internet on this? 

Not me. I'm tired of couples airing their dirty laundry in public, and even more tired of (mostly uninformed) bystanders taking sides. I'm sure that both parties were reprehensible by the end of their failed marriage. Anyone who has witnessed, or lived through, a failed marriage has likely seen then this behavior for themselves.

I don't judge either one of them, but neither do I support either one of them. I had hopes that this trial might keep people from rushing to judgment on matters they couldn't possibly understand, but alas - I'm out of luck.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

I haven't been following this case at all, because I couldn't care less. I've been hearing it offhand from a few people though, and I'm just baffled as to why this is even being televised? Thank God we don't do this shit with court cases in the UK. It's supposed to be about proving guilt/innocence, not a soap opera, and it honestly kinda pisses me off that people are "taking sides" on this, especially to the degree I've seen people do so.

And you just know once someone has taken a side, they're not likely to change their position, even in the face of contradictory evidence. Cognitive dissonance and confirmation biases are a hell of drug. This is one of the many reasons why the American Reid technique has been heavily criticised - once you've convinced yourself someone is guilty, you're gonna have a hard time accepting they're not even if they are, in fact, not.

The legal system needs to uphold evidence and impartiality as much as is humanly possible, above all else, and quite frankly, the general public can't really be trusted to not get too emotionally invested in court cases like this, ones with big name actors that they may have parasocial relationships with.

• Like 4

Do the both of them even have a say in if their trial is airing on TV or not?

Anyway, I am surprised at how much voice recordings they have of each other? Like, last time I was in a relationship I did not feel the need to record every fight and arguement. Seems kind of odd to me, but maybe I am missing some info there.

I dont know if this trial will change anything for other male abuse victims, if Johnny Depp wins. Time will tell I guess.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not me. I'm tired of couples airing their dirty laundry in public, and even more tired of (mostly uninformed) bystanders taking sides. I'm sure that both parties were reprehensible by the end of their failed marriage. Anyone who has witnessed, or lived through, a failed marriage has likely seen then this behavior for themselves.

I don't judge either one of them, but neither do I support either one of them. I had hopes that this trial might keep people from rushing to judgment on matters they couldn't possibly understand, but alas - I'm out of luck.

None of this is new. Even if I was old enough back then to understand the OJ Simpson trial, I wouldn't of gotten involved.

We have had this obsession with celebrities and celebrity culture that has spanned multiple generations. For Johnny Depp, I enjoyed his role as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean films. They were entertaining, and that's all that matters to me.

I think anyone who follows someone like Johnny Depp and cares for every little detail he does should seek psychiatric help, but that's just me.

Much like the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case and the Casey Anthony trial before, these highly publicized cases become mired in public bullshit. It's better for everyone that these cases were kept private, but because they are well known people, you have groups of outsiders taking sides.

It's a waste of resources and it's a waste of time especially when we have concerning issues in our own lives.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why is this case being televised?

What public interest does it serve, other than as a modern-day freakshow for bored housewives and creepy celebrity-obsessed star-fuckers to gossip about?

I can’t imagine what excuse even the most fame-hungry judge could come up with to try and justify allowing the case to become a media circus  :dunno:

The answer to this is probably Johnny Depp wanting to fix the damage this situation has done to him. It has destroyed his career and he got removed from all the big projects he was involved with. Also his reputation got destroyed as many people blindly believed Amber Heard and considered him a horrible person. Even after we got proof that Amber Heard is a horrible person she didn't face the same problems in her career. Now thanks to the buzz this case is generating Johnny Depp is hoping to get a lot of people on his side, fix his public image and potentially get his career back on track. Me and you might not care but he does. There's also a lot of men who are resonating with Johnny Depp because movements like #metoo have been abused by a lot of bad people.

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Were this merely a case of celebrity drama you'd all have a point. However, it is a case beyond that.

Johnny Depp is a male victim of abuse. For all the talk of "believe women" and all that which implies that women are on the backfoot on cases of abuse, the reality is that women if they raise an abuse case are taken far more seriously than a man, who in many cases will get ridiculed by anyone (including the law) they talk to about the matter. Johnny Depp is a rich and famous man who has had his career wrecked by Amber Heard's lies even though it is well known that Depp while someone who has his vices, has never been abusive in the manner Amber accuses him of to others, while Amber is known for being abusive. Her being a woman however trumped all of that, she was believed by acceptable society and he was labelled an abuser which is a favourite tactic and threat of abusive women, go on, accuse me of being abusive, I'll turn it around on you. Now imagine, if it is like that for a rich and famous man then how is it for a man who isn't.

The "MeToo" movement is also involved as she took advantage (not the first) of the oh so easily taken advantage of rallying cry of "believe women", which a lot of supporters of that take as you having to believe women instantly no matter how ridiculous it might all be like the case of Depp here. So the case isn't just celebrity drama. It is an important case that could see male victims taken more seriously in future and also wreck the MeToo movement, which like all movements of such a nature always pushes too hard and too fast. This fact is why you have media noting how bad this could be to the movement that Amber is being exposed, as if justice happening is a bad thing, and have all those dogmatic left wingers out there sticking to Amber's side as she, the women in the matter, must be the victim or it is discrediting their views. To be fair though, I have seen a good number of left wing types now siding with Depp and ashamed that they were so easily duped by Amber Heard.

Very well written and articulated. You raised so many good points. Please tell me some of you have seen the clip of what appears to be her snorting cocaine in the guise of wiping her nose or some shit like that. Like I've never seen someone blow their nose in that manner. This bitch is even more crazy than I initially thought.

• Like 1