Justice for Johnny Depp

CristianX-97

2 hours ago, pot1414 said:

Now thanks to the buzz this case is generating Johnny Depp is hoping to get a lot of people on his side, fix his public image and potentially get his career back on track.

I am so grateful that my career doesn't depend on how much complete strangers like me.  Movie superstars, pop music idols, social media influencers -- that's gotta be a living hell, waking up each morning and wondering if today is the day when people you've never met will stop seeing your movies, buying your music, or liking your tweets.

• Like 2

Johnny: I did not hit her! It's not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit her! I DID NOT! Oh, hi Marilyn Manson.

I'm trying to care less about celebrity drama, "it's their business" and all that, but this trial has been hard to look away from. I must admit that the clips from the trial have been entertaining. YouTube is filled with them.

I haven't learned anything new about Amber Turd, but at least I know more about the trials in general than I did before, like how cross examination works.

Nothing much to say about abused men and what this trial means to them that hasn't been said above. 

I'll just share another thought I had. It's sad that Hollywood celebrities are role models for many people. Young fans of actors and musicians are exposed to the glamorous side of their lives. But this public image doesn't include all the drunk fights, drug addiction, sliced fingers, poopy beds, and other horrible stuff. When (or if) this dirt comes up, their actions speak louder than all their disingenuous speeches about morality and values. Maybe such cases will also teach kids some things about celebrities.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Hmmm…methinks there’s more to this thread and TC than meets the eye.

Damn right there is. Amber Turd is an abuser and is making a mockery of people who were actually abused by their partner or spouse. If I had a time machine, I'd travel back to when they first met on the set of Rum Diaries, and warn him that there'd come a day when this Amber would literally shit on your bed in your luxurious Penthouse.

1 hour ago, Slava said:

Johnny: I did not hit her! It's not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit her! I DID NOT! Oh, hi Marilyn Manson.

I'm trying to care less about celebrity drama, "it's their business" and all that, but this trial has been hard to look away from. I must admit that the clips from the trial have been entertaining. YouTube is filled with them.

I haven't learned anything new about Amber Turd, but at least I know more about the trials in general than I did before, like how cross examination works.

Nothing much to say about abused men and what this trial means to them that hasn't been said above. 

I'll just share another thought I had. It's sad that Hollywood celebrities are role models for many people. Young fans of actors and musicians are exposed to the glamorous side of their lives. But this public image doesn't include all the drunk fights, drug addiction, sliced fingers, poopy beds, and other horrible stuff. When (or if) this dirt comes up, their actions speak louder than all their disingenuous speeches about morality and values. Maybe such cases will also teach kids some things about celebrities.

A proper Tommy Wiseau quote. Let's see if James Franco and/or Elon Musk will get called to the stand.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

Very well written and articulated. You raised so many good points. Please tell me some of you have seen the clip of what appears to be her snorting cocaine in the guise of wiping her nose or some shit like that. Like I've never seen someone blow their nose in that manner. This bitch is even more crazy than I initially thought.

You referring to her posing for the cameras with the tissue? If so then yeah. Amber personally when it comes to her body language has done a good job in presenting herself, when she ain't crying over recalling being "abused", as the confident victim who talks looking straight ahead looking into people's eyes, the jury being the most important group. Depp by comparison looks down a lot which supporters of Amber would claim shows that he is uncertain, lying, the abuser. The problem for Amber is that people know Depp is a broken man while she suffers from personality disorders that allow her to present herself like that without shame. 

• Like 2

On 07/05/2022 at 5:33 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Were this merely a case of celebrity drama you'd all have a point. However, it is a case beyond that.

Johnny Depp is a male victim of abuse. For all the talk of "believe women" and all that which implies that women are on the backfoot on cases of abuse, the reality is that women if they raise an abuse case are taken far more seriously than a man, who in many cases will get ridiculed by anyone (including the law) they talk to about the matter. Johnny Depp is a rich and famous man who has had his career wrecked by Amber Heard's lies even though it is well known that Depp while someone who has his vices, has never been abusive in the manner Amber accuses him of to others, while Amber is known for being abusive. Her being a woman however trumped all of that, she was believed by acceptable society and he was labelled an abuser which is a favourite tactic and threat of abusive women, go on, accuse me of being abusive, I'll turn it around on you. Now imagine, if it is like that for a rich and famous man then how is it for a man who isn't.

The "MeToo" movement is also involved as she took advantage (not the first) of the oh so easily taken advantage of rallying cry of "believe women", which a lot of supporters of that take as you having to believe women instantly no matter how ridiculous it might all be like the case of Depp here. So the case isn't just celebrity drama. It is an important case that could see male victims taken more seriously in future and also wreck the MeToo movement, which like all movements of such a nature always pushes too hard and too fast. This fact is why you have media noting how bad this could be to the movement that Amber is being exposed, as if justice happening is a bad thing, and have all those dogmatic left wingers out there sticking to Amber's side as she, the women in the matter, must be the victim or it is discrediting their views. To be fair though, I have seen a good number of left wing types now siding with Depp and ashamed that they were so easily duped by Amber Heard.

As I said, I haven't been following the case myself, so have very little knowledge on it. I was aware there were allegations of abuse, from both sides from what I've off-hand heard, but I'm not certain if that's accurate as I haven't cared enough to look into it.

While I very much agree that male victims of domestic abuse are generally not taken seriously, I still stand by my point that this case should not be televised for the public. No court case should be. I'm not sure what the progress of the case currently is, but is there currently any solid evidence that Amber was lying, and that Depp was not abusive (for example)? If there isn't, then that just proves my point about people taking sides regardless of evidence. And if there has been evidence, then I can at least understand people "taking sides" moreso, but I still stand by my opinion that court cases should not be televised. It's all well and good saying X person was being "insincere" or whatever in front of the camera, but that's kind of the point why these things shouldn't be broadcasted live, because people are bound to behave/act differently when they know so many people are watching, which can just lead to justice being obstructed and taking longer to reach a verdict (I've heard some people claim Heard has used "crocodile tears" during the court hearings before, so just throwing that out as an example).

I've also seen some men taking this as an opportunity to indulge in their misogyny. In these people's minds, women are inherently "evil"/manipulative/liars/etc. and they aren't interested in justice, they're just overjoyed that this case is emboldening them and lapping up the confirmation bias.

Obviously I'm not accusing all men/people of this, and as you said, there's also the people that seem to defend Heard tooth and claw as well, regardless of any evidence. But female victims of abuse are not always taken seriously either, which is one of the reasons why the "MeToo" movement began. I think some people seem to seriously overestimate how easy/hard it is for some people to be taken seriously, especially if they don't happen to be part of the same demographic themselves. I've always held the mantra "believe, but verify" - too many victims of abuse are immediately dismissed, because in many cases, people are abused by friends, parents, siblings, colleagues, etc. and people don't want to have to believe someone they know might actually be capable of abuse, and they don't want to have to confront the fact they themselves may be complicit in allowing abuse to happen, so victims will be supressed and told it's their fault, all so people don't have to face uncomfortable truths. It's depressing as hell, so many victims never even get a chance to speak out, because no one is willing to verify if what they claim could actually be true.

I'm by no means trying to discredit or dismiss male victims of abuse. My point is some people seem more concerned with pushing certain narratives or agendas with this case as their backing - it's not about egalitarianism for them, it's not about trying to push back against prejudice male victims of abuse may face, it's about "putting women in their place". And that's perhaps the saddest thing of it all, so many "MRAs" don't actually care about men's rights or prejudices men might face simply for being men, it's all about control. It makes it all the more harder for many people to take men's issues seriously.

I'm well aware women are more than capable of abuse, I was sadly abused by my mother as a child (verbally and physically), and witnessed my grandmother verbally and occasionally even physically abuse my grandfather. I'm not arguing in favour of either people in this particular case, what appals me is simply the fact it seems to have been turned into a soap opera. Both people in question are actors, as far as I'm aware, which I'm sure makes for even more sensationalism for the public, when court rooms are about justice, not a place for lawyers, juries and actors to grandstand, or defendants/accused/witnesses/etc. to feel pressured to give certain answers based on the fact they know the public is watching. While I can understand the public wanting to know what's happening in certain court cases, and wanting the ability to scrutinise it themselves, I don't think live broadcasting is the way to go about it.

I do hope that perhaps male abuse victims are taken a bit more seriously after this case however, but these things are systemic and deeply rooted in society and culture, they won't change overnight. I also fear this could have some negative societal effects as well, which could differ depending on the outcome.

Edit:

Probably not gonna be able to reply to this again for a week or so, in which case I likely won't even remember what I said and probably won't bother, but I just want to make it clear that I don't think abuse is a "men vs women" issue. I've known women that have been raped or otherwise sexually abused by other women that aren't taken seriously at all, same for men on men abuse. Abuse is a human issue, people should not be abused regardless of their age, sex, "social status", etc.

I understand that female on male abuse is generally taken less seriously because males are naturally stronger and more capable of defending themselves. Whereas male on female abuse tends to be taken more seriously because females do tend to be significantly weaker than males. It's not that I don't understand the rationale behind it, and therefore the prejudices underlying it, but I don't think dunking on female abuse victims (not accusing you of that, just how some people have reacted to the case in general) is going to further the cause of helping male abuse victims. And I do hope that justice is rightfully served in the Depp v. Heard case.

My main point is I don't think court cases should be live broadcasted, and especially so in the case of famous people that many will have attachments to. I'm sure there's arguments in favour of it, but I've always been strongly against it, personally. I think it perverts the course of justice more than it aids it.

Edited by MercilessWaffle
  • Like 1

Fully agree with this bringing male-victim spousal abuse forward.

As for the case itself, I'm finding it interesting as another example of the law at work when you have an incompetent prosecution team handling a shit case in a kangaroo court.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, pogo_loco said:

I am so grateful that my career doesn't depend on how much complete strangers like me.  Movie superstars, pop music idols, social media influencers -- that's gotta be a living hell, waking up each morning and wondering if today is the day when people you've never met will stop seeing your movies, buying your music, or liking your tweets.

It's a superficial culture, the people who are really pulling the strings on these high profile individuals we don't even see in public.

A number of these mega stars had abusive childhoods, had it rough during their teen years and were regarded as outcasts. Michael Jackson didn't have a real childhood, he was propelled to the very top from an early age and was physically abused by his father. Even well in his 40s, MJ was socially awkward, and had the mentality of a 12 year old kid. Universally loved, single handedly influenced an entire generation of pop singers, was regarded as among the most gifted entertainers America ever had. But along the way, it was all too clear that he had obvious mental issues.

I can't imagine being someone like Britney Spears and waking up each day to hordes of millions of fans talking about you. Even PewDiePie has to deal with countless strangers giving him threats, even though a lot more people are basically fanboys of him.

The Hollywood culture was always volatile, and this Johnny Depp case is no different. Personally I never liked Hollywood, and even though I've enjoyed a number of films and shows that have come out of there, I would never even think about having a career in Hollywood or a show business career. Surrounded by superficiality and millions of strangers asking for your autograph and approval on the internet.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 0:36 PM, MercilessWaffle said:

As I said, I haven't been following the case myself, so have very little knowledge on it. I was aware there were allegations of abuse, from both sides from what I've off-hand heard, but I'm not certain if that's accurate as I haven't cared enough to look into it.

While I very much agree that male victims of domestic abuse are generally not taken seriously, I still stand by my point that this case should not be televised for the public. No court case should be. I'm not sure what the progress of the case currently is, but is there currently any solid evidence that Amber was lying, and that Depp was not abusive (for example)? If there isn't, then that just proves my point about people taking sides regardless of evidence. And if there has been evidence, then I can at least understand people "taking sides" moreso, but I still stand by my opinion that court cases should not be televised. It's all well and good saying X person was being "insincere" or whatever in front of the camera, but that's kind of the point why these things shouldn't be broadcasted live, because people are bound to behave/act differently when they know so many people are watching, which can just lead to justice being obstructed and taking longer to reach a verdict (I've heard some people claim Heard has used "crocodile tears" during the court hearings before, so just throwing that out as an example).

I've also seen some men taking this as an opportunity to indulge in their misogyny. In these people's minds, women are inherently "evil"/manipulative/liars/etc. and they aren't interested in justice, they're just overjoyed that this case is emboldening them and lapping up the confirmation bias.

Obviously I'm not accusing all men/people of this, and as you said, there's also the people that seem to defend Heard tooth and claw as well, regardless of any evidence. But female victims of abuse are not always taken seriously either, which is one of the reasons why the "MeToo" movement began. I think some people seem to seriously overestimate how easy/hard it is for some people to be taken seriously, especially if they don't happen to be part of the same demographic themselves. I've always held the mantra "believe, but verify" - too many victims of abuse are immediately dismissed, because in many cases, people are abused by friends, parents, siblings, colleagues, etc. and people don't want to have to believe someone they know might actually be capable of abuse, and they don't want to have to confront the fact they themselves may be complicit in allowing abuse to happen, so victims will be supressed and told it's their fault, all so people don't have to face uncomfortable truths. It's depressing as hell, so many victims never even get a chance to speak out, because no one is willing to verify if what they claim could actually be true.

I'm by no means trying to discredit or dismiss male victims of abuse. My point is some people seem more concerned with pushing certain narratives or agendas with this case as their backing - it's not about egalitarianism for them, it's not about trying to push back against prejudice male victims of abuse may face, it's about "putting women in their place". And that's perhaps the saddest thing of it all, so many "MRAs" don't actually care about men's rights or prejudices men might face simply for being men, it's all about control. It makes it all the more harder for many people to take men's issues seriously.

I'm well aware women are more than capable of abuse, I was sadly abused by my mother as a child (verbally and physically), and witnessed my grandmother verbally and occasionally even physically abuse my grandfather. I'm not arguing in favour of either people in this particular case, what appals me is simply the fact it seems to have been turned into a soap opera. Both people in question are actors, as far as I'm aware, which I'm sure makes for even more sensationalism for the public, when court rooms are about justice, not a place for lawyers, juries and actors to grandstand, or defendants/accused/witnesses/etc. to feel pressured to give certain answers based on the fact they know the public is watching. While I can understand the public wanting to know what's happening in certain court cases, and wanting the ability to scrutinise it themselves, I don't think live broadcasting is the way to go about it.

I do hope that perhaps male abuse victims are taken a bit more seriously after this case however, but these things are systemic and deeply rooted in society and culture, they won't change overnight. I also fear this could have some negative societal effects as well, which could differ depending on the outcome.

Edit:

Probably not gonna be able to reply to this again for a week or so, in which case I likely won't even remember what I said and probably won't bother, but I just want to make it clear that I don't think abuse is a "men vs women" issue. I've known women that have been raped or otherwise sexually abused by other women that aren't taken seriously at all, same for men on men abuse. Abuse is a human issue, people should not be abused regardless of their age, sex, "social status", etc.

I understand that female on male abuse is generally taken less seriously because males are naturally stronger and more capable of defending themselves. Whereas male on female abuse tends to be taken more seriously because females do tend to be significantly weaker than males. It's not that I don't understand the rationale behind it, and therefore the prejudices underlying it, but I don't think dunking on female abuse victims (not accusing you of that, just how some people have reacted to the case in general) is going to further the cause of helping male abuse victims. And I do hope that justice is rightfully served in the Depp v. Heard case.

My main point is I don't think court cases should be live broadcasted, and especially so in the case of famous people that many will have attachments to. I'm sure there's arguments in favour of it, but I've always been strongly against it, personally. I think it perverts the course of justice more than it aids it.

I agree with your points, and they're very well thought out. I've been watching a lot of supplementary videos in conjunction with the case happening (especially since they're on break this week) and while I won't go into detail or specifics, as I have a hard time putting into words what I've listened to, but once you actually listen for yourself to all the audio clips in their original form, unmodified and not some biased-out-of- context snippets, your eyes completely open up and can (hopefully) see the truth. And then when you watch how dramatic Amber was acting when she was giving ger testimony, you just get this sick, appalling feeling how someone can just completely fabricate so much bullshit on live TV and in a courthouse. Hopefully those rumors are true where she'll be dropped from Aquaman 2 completely (an eye for an eye I say). And Jason Momoa following Johnny on Twitter the last week can't be a coincidence either. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

• Like 1

The case is very simple you guys?

Johhny is suing Amber for defamation due to her article in 2018 that destroyed his career. My man was dropped by everyone but Dior, props to my brand Dior? it’s estimated he lost 50$ Million. 

the main issue is she described herself as "a public figure representing domestic abuse." The article never mentions Depp by name, but Depp’s lawyers say he was defamed nevertheless because it’s a clear reference to abuse allegations in 2016.

And now we are all seeing that Amber is a narcissistic, sociopathic menace. This is why Johhny appealed to have the trial be live as well so that in case the jury is corrupted, we the people will see the truth for what it is.

This also proves to the mainstream media and simpletons of the world that men can very much be victims of physical abuse and not just mentally.

Edited by Arzoden
Small grammar fixture
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Arzoden said:

The case is very simple you guys1f609.png

Johhny is suing Amber for defamation due to her article in 2018 that destroyed his career. My man was dropped by everyone but Dior, props to my brand Dior1f60e.png it’s estimated he lost 50$ Million. 

the main issue is she described herself as "a public figure representing domestic abuse." The article never mentions Depp by name, but Depp’s lawyers say he was defamed nevertheless because it’s a clear reference to abuse allegations in 2016.

And now we are all seeing that Amber is a narcissistic, sociopathic menace. This is why Johhny appealed to have the trial be live as well so that in case the jury is corrupted, we the people will see the truth for what it is.

This also proves to the mainstream media and simpletons of the world that men can very much be victims of physical abuse and not just mentally.

Oh man, I just love your responses. Everything you said is spot on and 100% accurate and true. And I'm so happy that Dior never dropped Johnny Depp from their Sauvage line of men's fragrances. If I recall correctly, Dior Sauvage line was the best selling fragrance(s) all around in 2021. That's not a coincidence, and I guarantee had Dior dropped him, their sales would've went to complete shit. I literally just purchased Dior Sauvage EDP from eBay days ago, as all of this Johnny Depp talk has gotten me pumped and excited, and of course to show my support. Rumor has it that it's the best compliment getter on the market.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CristianX-97 said:

Literally just purchased Dior Sauvage EDP from eBay days ago, as all of this Johnny Depp talk has gotten me pumped and excited, and of course to show my support. Rumor has it that it's the best compliment getter on the market.

Funny you mention that, I am planning to buy one as well? 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...