Is this platinum still achievable for new players?

BigMotson

Depends. Everything unrelated to Hazard Zone is more or less possible in normal matches, some can and should be boosted against bots in your own Portal matches though. However, Hazard Zone might be impossible "solo". You will need to activate Cross Play to even find matches but it's no guarantee, there are still days were you just can't find a match And even if you do it will most likely be a mess. I played like 15 matches already and got only twice close to the extraction but got killed before I could extract, it's just frustrating and I can't play more than two matches in a row. Most of the time you will get wiped by better squads and your squad mates won't know what they're supposed to do, by now I think it's impossible to score in Hazard Zone with Randoms. BTW you will still need to have CP on for normal Conquest or Breakthrough matches because the game is basically dead but it's not that bad because the match doesn't end when you're dead like in Hazard Zone, but be prepared to play against PC players.

Oh, and make sure to play classic maps via the official Portal playlist with 2042 gear. 2042's maps are just bad and way too big, expect running for 2+ minutes not seeing a single enemy and then getting sniped or choppered down out of the blue. But: I don't see any Battlefield game on your profile so it seems you're not here for completing the Battlefield series so my advice would be to play other Battlefields, preferably BF4 or BF1/5 if you like that era, even though the Battlefield franchise had its peak with BF4 imho.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, woggly4 said:

Depends. Everything unrelated to Hazard Zone is more or less possible in normal matches, some can and should be boosted against bots in your own Portal matches though. However, Hazard Zone might be impossible "solo". You will need to activate Cross Play to even find matches but it's no guarantee, there are still days were you just can't find a match And even if you do it will most likely be a mess. I played like 15 matches already and got only twice close to the extraction but got killed before I could extract, it's just frustrating and I can't play more than two matches in a row. Most of the time you will get wiped by better squads and your squad mates won't know what they're supposed to do, by now I think it's impossible to score in Hazard Zone with Randoms. BTW you will still need to have CP on for normal Conquest or Breakthrough matches because the game is basically dead but it's not that bad because the match doesn't end when you're dead like in Hazard Zone, but be prepared to play against PC players.

Oh, and make sure to play classic maps via the official Portal playlist with 2042 gear. 2042's maps are just bad and way too big, expect running for 2+ minutes not seeing a single enemy and then getting sniped or choppered down out of the blue. But: I don't see any Battlefield game on your profile so it seems you're not here for completing the Battlefield series so my advice would be to play other Battlefields, preferably BF4 or BF1/5 if you like that era, even though the Battlefield franchise had its peak with BF4 imho.

Thanks for the detailed reply mate, the hazard zone trophies seem like a real mess :/ I also don't mind going against pc players tbh, never have a problem with them in most online games I've played, also this is a new account that I'm going for 100% completion on so I'm very familiar with the battlefield series but this was going to be the first on this account, not sure I'll start it now but I'll look into it more and see how I feel, I'll definitely keep in mind playing on the classic maps!