Anyone have a memorable fight with someone over PSN?

spazza136

Sorry if this has been done already but I was just on PS3 a few moments ago playing Red Dead Redemption multiplayer trying to do the XP glitch and there was a player in the game who kept killing me without me doing anything to them. They were using some type of invisibility glitch/hack and once I left the lobby they messaged me saying how bad I was at the game, this escalated to me saying random things to see what there reactions would be, ended up being the usual 12 year old speak (faggot, shit at game, blah blah blah)

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen to them, either recently or in the past. Any funny stories out there?

( I didn't add PSN in case I'm not allowed to, can a Mod let me know if we're allowed to name and shame these people?)

I've only had something like that once in about 20 years of playing various online games, PC, PS3/Xbox 360 and it was on PS3. It was on the official PS blog and someone had made an incredibly flawed and idiotic argument about what they felt were below par graphics on an RPG and how dare any company subject us to something like that in this day and age, since you know, in a game style that is supposed to primarily be about story the graphics are all that really matters  :rolleyes:  Anyways, I provided a completely logical and polite response proving them wrong and the next day I found a message in my PSN inbox from them cussing me out. Naturally I reported them and added them to my block list, first one I had ever had to add on 360 or PS3.

Edited by BooneJusticius

well every damn COD game with all the freaking kids..

couple days ago on battlefield i was fiing my heli when i guy stole it from me, then a little later i needed ammo (he was an support) and he did not give it to me, then he turned on his headset (squeeker) and this 10-14 year old kid started talking... i was so furious as he was talking about ''playing as a team'' got mad and into an argument

• Like 1

Forgot his name, but this douche kept calling me a little kid and a pussy because I'd leave a mp game on Red Faction: Guerilla... then he kept calling me a thug, and a little girl after my team and I beat the piss out of him in 3 games. All he ever did was berate people over mic. 

I had one that spanned 2 years (off/on). Yes 2 years is what I said. It was all over one thing I said that was blown WAY out of context. I stated factual evidence to this guy and I got one minor detail wrong so he didn't let it go till like 3 months ago.

So every RE5 match, I played he CONSTANTLY reminded me, I told him to Shut the F up and it's not often I swear either.

My worst, nowadays I ignore mainly.

• Like 1

Not a fight, no. A fight would require me to participate, which I am too old to fall for... not that I'm old, I'm just older than 14.  I've gotten a few insulting messages from people with less self-control. For example, I was playing a Doom 3 Deathmatch. I killed a man... once... in a deathmatch. He immediately sent messages calling me a pussy. I don't know what he was expecting to happen. Looking back, it's possible he was trying to pop the trophy for not dying once in a match and was just dumb enough to think he could do it by running around with the chaingun. On the other hand, he may have just been a douche-nozzle.

Not a fight, no. A fight would require me to participate, which I am too old to fall for... not that I'm old, I'm just older than 14.  I've gotten a few insulting messages from people with less self-control. For example, I was playing a Doom 3 Deathmatch. I killed a man... once... in a deathmatch. He immediately sent messages calling me a pussy. I don't know what he was expecting to happen. Looking back, it's possible he was trying to pop the trophy for not dying once in a match and was just dumb enough to think he could do it by running around with the chaingun. On the other hand, he may have just been a douche-nozzle.

Exactly this. When I get hate mail I simply don't respond to these idiots, why give them the satisfaction?

If I receive a message that is especially foul then that person goes on my block list

Not really fights exactly but back when I was playing Tekken 6 online I got quite a few hateful messages from both win and lose situations which at the end of the day I'd then respond to with either extreme politeness or a sarcastic thank you message as the case warranted, which of course would almost always be met with further hateful messages and the cycle would go on until they finally gave up trying to break my spirit. Not the best use of my time but I feel like I got some amusement out of it.

Something funny was someone trying to add me, somehow they found me on the internet and then sent a request.

I asked "who are you?" And from then on it escalated, quite a lot of conversing took place and they started to say things like "I live in New York, you don't, we could never be friends." I wonder how old they were but it wasn't a fight, just something entertaining.

I don't fight people who sent hateful messages, either ignore or respond nicely with a logical response, like one time, someone blamed me for everyone leaving a boosting session and it was his fault but he couldn't handle the responsibility.

Forgot his name, but this douche kept calling me a little kid and a pussy because I'd leave a mp game on Red Faction: Guerilla... then he kept calling me a thug, and a little girl after my team and I beat the piss out of him in 3 games. All he ever did was berate people over mic. 

Well then quit being such a thug.

• Like 1

I never really fight, but I do almost always troll the crap out of kids and other people that are trying to provoke me or my friends, I love trying to troll them and make them legitimately think I'm serious, haha - Call of Duty is no doubt the best with these opportunities  :lol: I only do that if they are trying to provoke me though, I don't troll people out of the blue because you don't find good friends doing that to random people when they could turn out to be cool, lol

Edited by BlindMango

Had an interesting encounter with a Dark Souls Hacker once, (it should be noted that in Dark Souls you can defeat Hackers, its just much more harder) anyways the person of interest was attacking me after i invaded his world in Anor Londo and thanks to him trying to make me die slowly by using dragons breath, i managed to get away from him. he followed me to the rafters with the Giant Archer dudes and when he turned the corner i knocked him off the cliff and killed him. He later sent a message saying, "oh yeah, you think your soooo good because you used a noob tactic. (and then he went in a dark direction" i sent one saying "Hack = no skill, so why dont you keep your non existent swag and no inch D*** to yourself? :P 

One occasion comes to mind.

I was playing MK online trying to get some frustrating trophies.

I was trying to get turtle (Win both rounds with timer running out in an Online Ranked Match) so I was avoiding this guy, just occasionally hitting him. After I won and got my trophy, I received a message from this dude calling me a noob and referring to me as "kid" I answered "Ok" to his message and he got even more angry and sent me another message about 6 lines long insulting me and I replied "Ok" and this went on for a while haha. I never blocked him or anything like that, it was pretty entertaining to see him get mad at my lack of response.

Edited by Dark_Tooth69

I was called a "spamming ass pussy bitch" on tekken 6. Not sure how I could be all 3 of those things at once, but I just laughed it off.

Another time, some person sent me a message on blops calling me a ghost bitch and told me to stop hiding in the corners because he flashebanged me and I backed up into a corner and hipfired him. I just sent him a message  telling him to calm his tits and that the ghost perk is part of the gaming so stop your bitching.

But to be honest, I think raging at people is such a childish thing to do on PSN. It's easy to hide behind a fake name and spam hatemail at people, but those who can send a message to someone simply saying "Nice shot", "your really good" or "good game" has my respect.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Not a fight, but I've gotten hate messages like just about everyone else above said. My most memorable one was when I played Modern Warfare 2 Free-for-All match I was doing pretty good, and I guess I wound up killing this one kid quite a bit and afterwords I got a message with the title "Fuck offffffffffffff". I just laughed at it and deleted it.

Never really (I am one those people scared to be serious) closest thing is random messages after matches on uh these games come to mind COD/Battlefield/UFC and I always just reply with 'k' no matter what, and that just ends up with them sending another long as message which I do find extremely amusing.

Every match of all stars result in a fight with someone here's my most famous one.

So i just reached the 2nd last rank of online with sackboy my sackboy was only level 300 and i played ranked, i found a guy who was also sackboy but he was max level 999. I destroy everyone getting sackboy's level 3 i went 11-3 i think.... i dont know and it does not matter. So i sent a message to everyone saying GG like i normally do. So everyone else besides the sackboy player said GG. He said: F*** You spamming bitch all you did was cupcake move no wonder your almost last rank. I reply with: I did 3 max AP combos, How was i spamming??. His reply: Ok STFU you know what you did i never saw you do 1 max AP combo. My reply: Yea i manage to get a level 3 with just doing 1 move. His reply: I can at least i actually have skill. My reply: How about we 1v1 and prove it. He does not reply, I continue to road to max rank than... i ironicly got him in my match and of course he only went after me. He killed me once with his level 1 his started teabagging like CRAZY I got level 3 and got everyone twice i did'n care he was going after me i just wanted max rank, So i taunted i guess he took even more offensive because for the rest of the 1 minute and 30 seconds he was just doing level 1's on me he missed all. i won, I got a message from him saying: Reported. Like the dumbass i am i reply i ask: Why??? i won legit. He said: No, the air block is 6 frames and my level 1 is 8 frames it impossible that you avoided all of them. My reply: I wont get banned or suspanded its pointless you even do that. His reply: F*** you kid i hope you die. My last response: Ok, now i can report you for that but im not.

Anyone notice that majority of the post come from fighting games.

My most interesting battle on the PS3 was in Madden 12. I can't remember the dudes PSN name, but he was a Broncos guy so it pretty much sums it up there! I always play as the raiders. First game I had against him, I got a message as the game loaded up reading something like "You are going down you pussy bitch" or something like that.

I simply replied "Good luck to you too" which seemed to set him off replying back with insults such as classics like "you noob bitch!" I just ignored but didn't block.

Guy had a good offense, but got really predictable so was easy to defend against especially but thats my strong point (I score more points from my defense than atacking!)

He would get shitty after having to punt so I would continue to get insults thrown at me, so I ended up just grinding away and randomly punting it back to him when he wasn't expecting it so I could hold him in his own half all the time. He was ok at defense (More that I am shit at attack!) so first game I won by a single field goal.

He challenged me to a rematch because "I was a lucky little noobhead". I accepted and commended him on an awesome match, and I was happy to just get a game without a rage quiter or immense lag.

Insults continued, again I just ground out the game to win by a field goal. Again I commended him on a great game and he requested another rematch.

So third match showed up, I thought hey why not try a different approach, he hadn't altered his attacking game plan. I decided to play defense all game, each time I got the ball I punted it back to him and Hey who would have thought a team could get 10 touchdowns from interceptions in a match?

How I really knew I won that battle - Silence, I never heard from the dude again.

I must say normally sports players online have sportsmanship they will message after the game and talk about the game and commend each other about it.

I used to have some nice grudges in Day of Defeat and Counter Strike back in the day, my most entertaining grudge being with a french server on DoD. I was abused because I wasn't french, but everytime I would play I would get a kill to death ratio of 40 kills to 1 death and normally the 1 death was because of my own stupidity such as falling from a high place, walking into fire, walking into mortar fire. They used to hate it, because I would actually think and have tactics (who would of thought that would work?!?!) and they would try to constantly kick me, but the server would never actually let them (Not sure why, but thank god it didn't cause I had some fun times). I really miss first person shooters like DoD

Edited by Osama_Bin_Davis