Crashing

tonkie18

I recently picked this back up to try and complete it. I first played a few years back and really enjoyed it. However, not only is it impossible to kill anything as I’m a low level and no good weapons but the game is constantly crashing on me. I’ve been trying to level up but as soon as I get to where I need to be I’m either killed or the game just crashes completely. It’s happening on most missions. I’m playing on PS5 could this be why? I can’t play it on my PS4 as it can’t handle big games (I’ve tried cleaning it but it’s still like a jet). I’ve tried reinstalling and that’s not helped either. I have the disc version.

any help would be appreciated as I’m getting super frustrated with it

Unfortunately, nothing that you can do about the crashing.

Happened to me as well plenty of times in my run to the 100%

Just something you have to deal with with this game.

Crashes, bugs, and jumping servers because quests are bugged. (fun, right?)

In terms of not being able to kill anything.

In the first 10/15 levels my advice would be to just go full melee so you can gather some weapons, ammo and aid in the meantime.

During that time, you should also start on making the build that you want to ultimately use. (There are no real weak weapons, just weak builds)

If you like using shotguns, get the shotguns perks.

If you like using single shot weapons, get the rifleman perks.
If you like going melee, get melee perks.

As well as the standard perks, such as

- Lone Wanderer (if you play solo)

- Action hero.

I myself used a Sneak/Rifleman/Vats build for the entire run, and had no problem in terms of difficulty.

- Start with a Hunting Rifle, then after a while go for a level action rifle, and ultimately, go for a Gauss Rifle.

- Perception: Rifleman(Basic, Expert, Master), Tank Killer, Concentrated Fire

- Endurance: Fireproof

- Charisma: Lone Wanderer

- Agility: Action Girl, Adrenaline, Covert Operative, Escape Artist, Sneak

- Luck: Better Criticals, Bloody Mess, Grim Reapers Sprint.

For the first 25/30 levels though, I used Scrounger & Pharma Farma.

And my legendary perks were, What Rad & Master Infiltrator.

(not saying that you should use that build, just that it really worked well for me)

I would also offer to hand you a weapon and some stuff, but the moment I 100% it, I deleted it from my console and told myself that I would never touch it again, unless new DLC comes out with trophies. ?

Thanks for the advice that’s all really helpful Thankyou. I think I’m level 26 now.. I was 25 when I picked it back up again. But I still can’t kill anything ?

I’ll give your suggestions a go.. but I’m really not sure I can put up with the crashing. There’s a certain mission that I have to walk miles for and I either die on arrival or the game completely crashes if I actually manage to kill things. I’ve tried 10 times and have to walk all that way over and over. 

I kinda cheesed some of the battles by convincing higher level randoms to join me in taking down whatever I was trying to kill or joining them and just firing some shots into the thing and it counted towards my levelling. Thats how I took down a Scorchbeast Queen. As for the crashing I have no idea how to help but if it crashes at a certain point, move your camp close by so it's not so far to walk.

• Like 1

I’ve been playing this on PS5 recently and have also had multiple crashes and plenty of bugs. Unfortunately I don’t think anything will get done about that. 

The best advice I can give for making the game a little easier on yourself is asking higher level players for help. A lot of the veterans will usually drop anything you need to help you on your way.

Also, buy stuff from player vendors as it’ll be a lot cheaper and if you are low on caps for fast travelling just join a public team and fast travel to other players because it’ll be free. 

• Like 1