Why Rarity Leaderboard is not visible?

Hey everyone,

Maybe this is just me but I just found that (and I use this website actively over 2 years) there is a rarity leaderboard of PSNP. Which is weird, because there is nothing on the website to find that and I was able to find it from some old forum posts. Why not add a simple link in the regular leaderboard page, is there a particular reason for it? Maybe at least a sticky thread in the forum? I am sure it would increase page-view traffic for PSNP too, so beneficial for the owner as well.

Here is the link for people who didn't know about it: https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

20 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

Hey everyone,

Maybe this is just me but I just found that (and I use this website actively over 2 years) there is a rarity leaderboard of PSNP. Which is weird, because there is nothing on the website to find that and I was able to find it from some old forum posts. Why not add a simple link in the regular leaderboard page, is there a particular reason for it? Maybe at least a sticky thread in the forum? I am sure it would increase page-view traffic for PSNP too, so beneficial for the owner as well.

Here is the link for people who didn't know about it: https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

The problem with this leaderboard is that there is a lot of hackers/cheats on it, They would have to get removed first.

How does that system even work?

I'm right above someone who has ~100 more common, ~100 less uncommon, ~130 less rare, ~250 less very rare, ~140 less ultra rare trophies than me. I lead by 0.12 points.

I'm right below someone who has ~700 more common, ~600 less uncommon, ~450 less rare, ~250 less very rare, ~90 less ultra rare trophies than me. He leads by 0.16 points.

Both are world ranking. Looks to me like my rarity should rank me higher compared to them. Not that I care about my actual ranking, I just want to understand the system.

But it puts the leaderboard a bit in perspective. Hakoom is 25th, and on first glance without verifying it, the only one from the the top leader board who ranks so high here.

12 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

there is a lot of hackers/cheats on it, They would have to get removed first.

How is that different from the actual leaderboard? Also, it says ~92k chaters removed on top.

EDIT:

For country rank, it's even weirder.

I'm right above someone who has ~1600 less common, ~1800 less uncommon, ~600 less rare, ~280 less very rare, ~90 less ultra rare trophies than me. I lead by 0.42 points.

I'm right below someone who has ~100 less common, ~500 less uncommon, ~400 less rare, ~250 less very rare, ~140 less ultra rare trophies than me. I have more trophies in every category, yet I'm behind by 2.15 points.

Does it factor in the individual percentage of each trophy, rather than the category of rarity?

EDIT 2:

Well, the reply of @DaivRules has rendered my entire post "point"less. ?

Edited by Infernopommes

33 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

Hey everyone,

I think this thread/post answers everything you’ve asked here:

• Like 1

Ah okay thanks, didn't see that post. Maybe preventing access to that page would be better then, it is hard to follow what is going on through different forum posts. I am sure this post won't help either, so you can remove if needed.

12 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

How does that system even work?

I'm right above someone who has ~100 more common, ~100 less uncommon, ~130 less rare, ~250 less very rare, ~140 less ultra rare trophies than me. I lead by 0.12 points.

I'm right below someone who has ~700 more common, ~600 less uncommon, ~450 less rare, ~250 less very rare, ~90 less ultra rare trophies than me. He leads by 0.16 points.

Both are world ranking. Looks to me like my rarity should rank me higher compared to them. Not that I care about my actual ranking, I just want to understand the system.

But it puts the leaderboard a bit in perspective. Hakoom is 25th, and on first glance without verifying it, the only one from the the top leader board who ranks so high here.

How is that different from the actual leaderboard? Also, it says ~92k chaters removed on top.

EDIT:

For country rank, it's even weirder.

I'm right above someone who has ~1600 less common, ~1800 less uncommon, ~600 less rare, ~280 less very rare, ~90 less ultra rare trophies than me. I lead by 0.42 points.

I'm right below someone who has ~100 less common, ~500 less uncommon, ~400 less rare, ~250 less very rare, ~140 less ultra rare trophies than me. I have more trophies in every category, yet I'm behind by 2.15 points.

Does it factor in the individual percentage of each trophy, rather than the category of rarity?

EDIT 2:

Well, the reply of @DaivRules has rendered my entire post "point"less. 1f44c.png

Those 92K profiles are removed from the regular leaderboard, not the rarity leaderboard it's obvious just by looking at the leaders on the rarity leaderboard. So to be given a ranking on the regular leaderboard you need to have a public profile the top profiles on the rarity leaderboard are hidden so they don't count.