iXanon

PSA: Servers closing 31/05/22

15 posts in this topic

So this was actually announced back in August 2021 with the announcement of TPP's PS3 servers closing, but the part about GZ closing on PS4 completely passed me by having never played GZ or TPP..

While there aren't any online trophies, there are some bonuses that can be unlocked for TPP (only?) by playing GZ, that require the server connectivity to do so, including (but not limited to) an MGS1 Snake skin, and an MGS1 Grey Fox Cyborg Ninja skin - each with their own abilities.

The consensus is that the game is worth playing on it's own merits, but why not unlock some extra goodies while you're at it while you can?

Are you sure the two MGS1 skins require online connectivity? It is not mentioned in that guide.

22 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Are you sure the two MGS1 skins require online connectivity? It is not mentioned in that guide.

You will be able to obtain them in GZ, but if there will be no online mode in that game, it will be impossible to transfer your progress and acquire these bonuses in TPP.

Does the GZ included in the Definitive Edition require internet connectivity to unlock costumes and items in TPP? I’ve read somewhere that it doesn’t…

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

Does the GZ included in the Definitive Edition require internet connectivity to unlock costumes and items in TPP? I’ve read somewhere that it doesn’t…

good question, i would like to know as well.

I just saw that it was only 3.99$ so i bought it and you get several messages showing all the bonuses listed above before the game even starts. 

Edited by Void

3 hours ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

@Stevieboy says that the definitive edition of GZ can unlock bonuses in TPP without internet connection

I may just pick up a cheap copy of the Definitive Edition from PSN Turkey while it's on offer then.. 😅

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

I played the Definitive Edition version of GZ on PS4 just recently, and there wasn't an option in the menu to upload my save, so my assumption is the unlocks transfer automatically to TPP in that version without the need of a server.

Edited by Stevieboy

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

I played the Definitive Edition version of GZ on PS4 just recently, and there wasn't an option in the menu to upload my save, so my assumption is the unlocks transfer automatically to TPP in that version without the need of a server.

yes you get a bunch of pop-up messages saying which items are unlocked, it was all of the ones in the topic above. It did say for the mother base team members they would unlock as story progressed.

I'm working on GZ myself.  Still have slightly under 3 weeks to finish it and transfer everything, which should be ample time.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:31 AM, Stevieboy said:

How to transfer my data from ps3 to ps4 version GZ??

Just now, Tiricy said:

How to transfer my data from ps3 to ps4 version GZ??

As far as I'm aware, you can't.

6 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

As far as I'm aware, you can't.

Does there any way I can get my trophies from ps3 to ps4 if not! 

Does GZ had trophies online ? I mean I can earn platinum both version after 31/5/2022 ??

Does servers shut down effect Platinum on Phantom Pain only? or also GZ??

3 hours ago, Tiricy said:

Does there any way I can get my trophies from ps3 to ps4 if not! 

Does GZ had trophies online ? I mean I can earn platinum both version after 31/5/2022 ??

Does servers shut down effect Platinum on Phantom Pain only? or also GZ??

There is no way to transfer progress from PS3 to PS4. You'll have to play both versions to earn trophies on both.

GZ doesn't have any online trophies. GZ doesn't have a platinum, but you'll still be able to earn all trophies after 31/5/2022.

The server shut down only affects the platinum for the PS3 version of The Phantom Pain. The PS4 version of The Phantom Pain is staying online for the time being. The shut down doesn't affect either version of GZ in regards to trophies.