So how exactly do you do 1 credit runs?

I've got two controllers and I can't seem to get the enemies to stop attacking the first player. I normally don't have enough time to pick up items and gold so by the time I grab the controller back to player one I can't seem to get enough gold to replenish HP between levels. This is with the difficulty on the duck setting, the other thing is the start select reset trick do you do it when the character is still alive or if it already started the continue countdown? It's been mostly the final boss which has given me issues and the lead up with the golems.

Ok so after testing, you can reset up to the point where you can select the character class in the lower user interface bar. It's a very generous grace period.

I would also recommend for TOD if 1 player health is low, you can switch a controller to a third player before the final boss and use a cleric, you can then heal the first player back up to full health. Have player 1 and 2 enter the final boss door and have player 3 wait outside, the timer will tick down after the GO Fairy beeps enough times and the third player will die. This way the final boss doesn't spawn an extra number of enemies. Magic is useless on the final boss so if you're the elf, just die after you're done clearing the mud golems and switch to cleric as the second player. You then get 9 heals you can use on player 1 because the final boss has random AOE comet spells that can hit and other stuff. The cleric also hits more for the elf so have the special dash attack bound to the shoulder buttons because it helps clear distance due to the final boss being cheap and zooming across the room.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

On both games, especially Tower Of Doom, keep tapping left until you get "Duck" difficulty. Tower is Doom is so easy you probably don't need to cheat. It also gives you 9 of every item, which you can just save mostly until the final mud golems and final boss.

Both games only save when you go into a new area. So if you're doing shit / got hit too much. Just close down the game and reload and you'll be back at the previous checkpoint.

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

On both games, especially Tower Of Doom, keep tapping left until you get "Duck" difficulty. Tower is Doom is so easy you probably don't need to cheat. It also gives you 9 of every item, which you can just save mostly until the final mud golems and final boss.

Both games only save when you go into a new area. So if you're doing shit / got hit too much. Just close down the game and reload and you'll be back at the previous checkpoint.

This was on duck difficulty, the boss hits for way too much with the comet spell. I wasn't controlling the first player at all and had them off in a corner. But every time the boss was drawn to player 1 and kept killing him.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

You'll need to complete the second game A LOT in order to get everything so don't worry if you can't do no coins clear on your first go.

There's a route which allows one of the final bosses to be killed for you, so you have one less thing to worry about.

What I do was just dive in with player 2 and then when a boss started approaching player 1, then I'd use magic. And then would be able to move P1 to another corner while the enemies were on the floor / flying through the air. If you can, rest P1 controller on your knee and then while playing with Player 2, try to move player 1 with the bottom of the palm of your hands, since you should be able to move player 1.

Sometimes you can get lucky and the bosses don't go for P1. Another technique is when you run out of magic with player 2 (by constantly spamming) try to get yourself killed asap and while P2 is being attacked, take control of P1 and run away. Block in the corner. I recommend Player 1 being Warrior as Warrior has most health and you can spam down jump to do slides across the screen.

Above all, if you find yourself doing awful, quickly press start+select to soft reset so you can just have another go. When a boss is about to die, check how much health P1 has and if you feel you can do better, start again.

Edited by enaysoft