PS3 (4.89) & Vita (3.74) Require Device Password & Remove Account Creation on System

Maxie_M0us3

On 7/1/2022 at 11:28 AM, TheRetroManiac said:

Nah, this is a shit system, still cannot log in with 2 accounts it's like an infinite loop you bang in the device password then it tries too login and then bam back to the QR code thing just simply never works.

Try logging out of all devices and log into your ps3's first. It worked for me 

On 04/07/2022 at 4:26 PM, ChaosInSkyeForm said:

Try logging out of all devices and log into your ps3's first. It worked for me 

I got it fixed by adding 2-step verification on both of the accounts getting them logged in and then if you want after that you can remove the 2 step, but either way it's a pain in the ass now.

This is now becoming a huge fucking pain, it was fine to start with, but i signed out and then back in another day ages later  and it wanted it done again, like WHY i already have done this, had re put on 2 step  to fix it, so bloody annoying, like serioursly SONY.....................why impliment a half ass shit system

Edited by Conker
  • Like 1

ok so for some reason my usa account on my 2nd PS3 im using to boost far cry 2 with is now once game boots me after however long and i need to reset once i do, i try re-enter online but get this message could not retrieve playstation network ticket , so when i exit game and sign out then go to sign in, i then have to redo genereat password again.

Does anyone know why this is doing this, everything was fine and now since yesterday it keeps doing this? 

• 1 month later...

This doesn't include PS5 as well does it? Cannot seem to be able to login to my alternate account on the PS5 which I made the device password for and it won't let me sign in on my browser either.

Edi: I think I know the mistake, used a Capital letter instead of a small case, I always make that error.

Edited by alexandra-jane09

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

A sneak update dropped in overnight for PS3 and Vita. Both updates state the following:

To sum it up:

- From now on, you need to generate a different password for each PS3 or Vita you want to log in. To do so, go to: https://www.playstation.com/acct/device-password. From there, you can chose for the console to remember the password. It does not require to activate Two-Step Authentification.

- When logged in to PS3 or Vita, personal information settings like email, account password, full name, card payments, etc, have now to be managed on other devices as well, or from: https://www.playstation.com/acct/management.

If you plan on creating a new account, it’s going to be on either PC, mobile, PS4 or PS5, then you can log in with this freshly created account on PS3 or Vita, with an aforementioned generated password for the consoles. You can create an account via browser at:

https://www.playstation.com/acct/create-account.

Accessing these features via a PS3 or Vita are simplified by scanning QR codes from the screen.

Just why.... why do i need to jump though these hoops to create a account on ps3 or vita, luckily i don't have ether but i plan on getting a ps vita maybe for Christmas? if i do, it will be annoying to do all of this

32 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Just why.... why do i need to jump though these hoops to create a account on ps3 or vita, luckily i don't have ether but i plan on getting a ps vita maybe for Christmas? if i do, it will be annoying to do all of this

Literally takes about 5min and done. I really don't see the issue. They are old consoles that have security issues, be thankful they are taking these steps to keep them online. 

4 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Who said you need another PSN account? That's not how it works.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 1:59 AM, Sendai-Horatio said:

ok it's just new accounts, just tested my boosters and they all logged in, no changes needed.

Wrong. My account is hardly new and I still can't use any of these dumb codes to sign in. No, I don't have a cell phone so 2FA does me jack squat.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:14 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Literally takes about 5min and done. I really don't see the issue. They are old consoles that have security issues, be thankful they are taking these steps to keep them online. 

It only takes five minutes IF you have a cell phone. 

• Like 1

Sony's recover password feature is STILL busted after 5 months. I have yet to be able to recover my 2nd account because i don't remember the password. My dummy acct is also nearly a decade old so it's not just new.

People saying how easy it is clearly aren't having the same issues quite a few other people are having. If you can't see beyond your own nose that's a you problem. 

I have a cell phone but without the ability to recover/change my password I'm stuck. 

• Like 1

I've had to create new device passwords recently and haven't had a problem, neither have a few of my friends who have picked up extra consoles.

However looking at the people on here who are having issues, you all seem to be having issues with a US account?  Myself and my friends are all UK, could this be an issue Sonys end?