Member Interview Signups

Charizarzar

While I would have loved to continue the Member Interview Project, I unfortunately have taken on more and more responsibilities annually to the point in where I can no longer manage this project. I hope the community greets our new host with a warm welcome and open arms and may we see new Interviewee's for many months to come =)

• Like 4

Awesome! I'm glad they're back as I've always loved reading them. I'd be super down to participate in the future as well as I've always loved the idea of it. Looking forward to see the interviews again!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Awesome! I'm glad they're back as I've always loved reading them. I'd be super down to participate in the future as well as I've always loved the idea of it. Looking forward to see the interviews again!

24 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

If it's text based interviews, sure I'll sign up seems like a lot of fun. July I'll be a 5 year member on here and just 10 days left and I'll hit 5 years when I first popped my first trophy :D 

Added you both! GarciaFever once did an interesting video interview, but yeah they're usually text based. :P 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading this, it's unfair for those in the Alpha List. We are YEARS waiting for the interview and we are still behind a random luck pick, altering with new sign ups. Why not choosing 2 from Alpha and 1 from Beta? At least you'll get the Alpha team cleared after a year and half. At this rate, if I'm unlucky and I'm the last of the alpha, I'll be waiting more 3 Years, while 10 or 15 people that signed up last month are already interviewed.

I can't even recall exactly when I first signed up. I don't mind to wait another 3 or 4 years, but I think it's unfair being here for so long and we still in the same boat as the new ones. 6 from Alpha and 6 from Beta? 6 people per year that overcome 12. And there might be other people from Alpha even waiting for longer :/

Not to mention, if anyone from the Alpha team doesn't reply within 3 days, we have to resign up and wait another turn ? I understand that makes things faster, but it's another slap in the face ?

On 08/10/2022 at 8:43 PM, TurtlePM said:

After reading this, it's unfair for those in the Alpha List. We are YEARS waiting for the interview and we are still behind a random luck pick, altering with new sign ups. Why not choosing 2 from Alpha and 1 from Beta? At least you'll get the Alpha team cleared after a year and half. At this rate, if I'm unlucky and I'm the last of the alpha, I'll be waiting more 3 Years, while 10 or 15 people that signed up last month are already interviewed.

I can't even recall exactly when I first signed up. I don't mind to wait another 3 or 4 years, but I think it's unfair being here for so long and we still in the same boat as the new ones. 6 from Alpha and 6 from Beta? 6 people per year that overcome 12. And there might be other people from Alpha even waiting for longer :/

Not to mention, if anyone from the Alpha team doesn't reply within 3 days, we have to resign up and wait another turn 1f602.png I understand that makes things faster, but it's another slap in the face 1f632.png

Sorry, those are just the rules I was given to work with. I believe it was something that was considered, but it was ultimately decided it was best not to punish new signees by having them end up at the back of the queue. It's harder for them to be chosen anyway because their group will only keep getting bigger, plus some of the B group isn't even that new anymore. I think the reason for the random selection is that there's been a lot of hosts, and the dates of exactly when certain people signed up have gotten lost.

It also unfortunately will take a while given the popularity of the interviews and the fact they were stagnant for a long time because the last host was busy. It's best to just look at it as a thing that will happen eventually if you're a long-time member of the site, you only get one interview after all. Aiming to get two interviews done a month is also the better option because it's easier on my schedule, plus people would likely get bored of seeing them if there were too many happening - then you'd be waiting all that time only to barely get any questions. :) 

The 3-day rule is another rule I was given (like you said, to keep things moving as that had been an issue in the past), but notice I did add in that we can schedule another time that better suits the person if they're unavailable.

• 1 month later...