Charizarzar

Member Interview Signups

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! After a bit of a hiatus, the Member Interview signups are back. As our usual host Dreggit is busy, I'll be taking over the old thread and the handling of everything. For those that don't know me, I've been on the Guide Team since the start of last year and spend most of my time looking at guides or hanging out on the Guidewriters Headquarters.

Here's the list of interview candidates as it currently stands (including those who'd signed up to the old thread). It's been a while, so if you no longer want to be involved please let me know!

Interview Candidates

Alpha Group (21)

Beta Group (13)

Current Interviewee

Stargazer2600

5a9fd4f58617f_download(2).thumb.jpg.fa6a1d342d1c00c56fd05bcbdafa6f56.jpg

Please also ask our next interviewee, Pray_4_the_End, some questions!

What are Member Interviews?

The Member Interviews is an ongoing community project in which a random member of the participating community is selected to be interviewed once every month. The interview process is quite simple. First we select a member randomly from the list of candidates above, then we allow the community to ask that member questions for one week. After that week, the chosen candidate will have two-three weeks to answer a set of stock questions and any additional questions asked by the community. Once answered, the interview is posted up for the community to read, on the first Friday/Saturday of the month. We will then take a one-week break before then starting anew.

Format Updates

Please note that due to issues in the past that caused long waiting times for people, if you don't get back within 3 days of me reaching out to you to confirm that you're still interested, we'll move on to the next person and you'll need to sign back up again.

In addition, you'll need to be an active community member to be eligible for the waiting list. What this means is that your forum account needs to be at least a year old, and you'll need to have made at least 50 posts. This doesn't apply to those already on the waiting list, though you will still need to respond within 3 days once you're selected.

Edited by Charizarzar

While I would have loved to continue the Member Interview Project, I unfortunately have taken on more and more responsibilities annually to the point in where I can no longer manage this project. I hope the community greets our new host with a warm welcome and open arms and may we see new Interviewee's for many months to come =)

Awesome! I'm glad they're back as I've always loved reading them. I'd be super down to participate in the future as well as I've always loved the idea of it. Looking forward to see the interviews again!

If it's text based interviews, sure I'll sign up seems like a lot of fun. July I'll be a 5 year member on here and just 10 days left and I'll hit 5 years when I first popped my first trophy :D 

40 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Awesome! I'm glad they're back as I've always loved reading them. I'd be super down to participate in the future as well as I've always loved the idea of it. Looking forward to see the interviews again!

24 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

If it's text based interviews, sure I'll sign up seems like a lot of fun. July I'll be a 5 year member on here and just 10 days left and I'll hit 5 years when I first popped my first trophy :D 

Added you both! GarciaFever once did an interesting video interview, but yeah they're usually text based. :P 

Great seems fun! I'm curious if people actually got questions if I got picked but I'll wait and see. Thanks for adding me :D 

I've already replied on the previous thread, but I'm just leaving myself here too.

This sounds intriguing! I'd like to sign up if possible! <3

Whether I'm interesting enough to be interviewed or not is debatable, but sure why not? Sign me up as well, sounds fun!

I don't know if I'm interesting enough but who gives a damn xD? Sign me in.