Eiyuden Chronicle Rising trophy thoughts

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

Do we know how much it’s going to be? I assume this is digital only since it’s a prequel game

It’s $15 on the NA store, but KS backers of the main game got a chance to get it for half price.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

So, what's the style of this one? Is it still an RPG? FPS? Rhythm shooter?

Probably try it out no matter.

1 minute ago, NashtyMouse said:

I was on the fence on this one, I hate that hard mode is locked, I will probably pass on picking it up.

super sick of this practice in making trophy lists.

So, does it have an NG+, or do you have to start fresh with hard mode like Star Ocean?

Edited by starcrunch061

21 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

I was on the fence on this one, I hate that hard mode is locked, I will probably pass on picking it up.

How certain are you that it's locked? 

36 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, what's the style of this one? Is it still an RPG? FPS? Rhythm shooter?

Probably try it out no matter.

So, does it have an NG+, or do you have to start fresh with hard mode like Star Ocean?

Seems to be a 2d jrpg going off what I read here

https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/eiyuden-chronicle-rising-review/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

I just started the game. There wasn’t an option anywhere that I saw for any choice of what “mode” to play on 

You can set the mode in the options menu. "Normal" and "Simple" are available from the start. I guess "Hard" unlocks by completing the game once but can't confirm that as of now.

• Like 1

Just now, NashtyMouse said:

This has been happening for the longest. I understand what you're saying, but it is what it is honestly. 

Well, I don't know is Eiyuden a true "spiritual succesor" of Suikoden, but this game and hundred heroes deserve a opportunity and it looks amazing. I just hope see a trophy in Hundred heroes with a name like "Recruit all the 100 heroes" or so like the 108 stars in Suikoden. ?

16 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I’m not 100% sure. Also, heard you get both PS4 and PS5, but can’t verify it since no PS5

The Kickstarter key did give both versions.  I believe even on the PSN store, it's $14.99 for both versions.  Definitely not a bad deal, I am enjoying the game so far.  I cannot wait for the main game, and this definitely gets me more excited for it!

• Like 1

The trailer on PlayStation store while upgrading equipment mentions that some things might even carry over to Hundred Heroes which is always a nice touch,

My question is the usual does this have missables, things like Cleared all resident quests, Defeated all types of enemies, Obtained resources of all types and so on. The other part which is linked is does the trophy progress carry over to Hard Mode if they are missable or does it need to be done in a single run.

6 hours ago, fisty123 said:

The trailer on PlayStation store while upgrading equipment mentions that some things might even carry over to Hundred Heroes which is always a nice touch,

I mean, it would make sense. You could carry over stuff from Suikoden 1 to Suikoden 2, and even across to Suikoden 3 (since you could use PS1 trophy cards on PS2). The bonuses for Suikoden 2 were nontrivial; you got new characters (including the most powerful in the game), and even new storyline. The bonuses in Suikoden 3 were lacking, but they were there.

You could also carry over Suikoden 4 to Suikoden Tactics, which opened up a few small things.

• Like 1

So far all the bosses can be fought again at any time. When the story is over, a hard mode option unlocks and you get a "Before the end" save. So it looks like you can just flip on hard mode and fight the bosses again for the trophies.

Edited by mUnday--
  • Like 3