Stun combo input

A-D-I-L_99

Anyone got tips on how to execute it. I press the triangle at the end but it doesn't work. I even tried inputting the combo before the animation, that also doesn't work. Only done it once and now it doesn't seem to work. Yes I'm only doi g it on armored enemies aswell. Just the final hit won't come out. 

Edited by A-D-I-L_99

Up with Square then square and finally triangle. You unlock this combo in chapter 3.

I do it with normal enemies as well, if it kills them before the stunt then time your combo so that when you click triangle it hits the enemy.

This combo is good for all enemies except the bosses.

Edited by XXIIlII

• 5 months later...
On 2022-05-11 at 4:11 PM, Argandalf said:

Somethign I found useful is not to press Square - Square too quickly, or the game will interpret it as the light attack combination. Instead wait just a brief pause in between the 3 buttons.

Ha, I thought I wasn't doing it fast enough, thanks. Love the style of this game, but the controls are finicky (for an old codger like me! I suck at precision timing).

Edited by Cthulu-72

• 7 months later...
On 01/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, Cthulu-72 said:

Ha, I thought I wasn't doing it fast enough, thanks. Love the style of this game, but the controls are finicky (for an old codger like me! I suck at precision timing).

I was the same ?

Figured it out in-game about chapter 6.

'That's a bit easier now..." ?

• 2 weeks later...

The timing was certainly finicky. After many hours I still randomly failed at this combo, which kinda sucked, since my go-to moves for Kagerou bosses was parry, square, square, triangle, and then immediately up, square, square, triangle, interrupting the boss' attack. Then roll away and repeat.