Weird question regarding rank color on here...

I wasnt exactly sure where it is i should of posted this question. So im sorry if its in wrong category. I couldn't find a general questions section and in site feedback the only category seems to be flagging disputes.

Anyways, my question. 

So im sure if you follow the leaderboards you know that if you passed someone or moved up on the board your country rank and world rank go green and if you get passed or drop it turns red. Is there a time limit on such colors? I noticed if you hover over the rank it will say no change this week on some. For example if i got passed today but then kept my rank untouched for 3 months would it show red forever still? It almost seems like one guy i saw was red because he got passed. But then a week later it seemed to go green again because nobody anywhere around him switched places at all and he held his spot. So if i got passed would it be red forever unless i pass someone else? or would it go green again after some time for holding my spot and not being passed? Some spots/rows on the leaderboard dont have a single red or green arrow as if everyone on the page has remained still with no change. And if you click any of them unchanged ranks they all show green. But im sure at some point they showed red or green arrow as it would of had to for them to get to those spots. Just curious. I hope you are able to follow what it is im trying to ask. If anyone knows for sure how it works can you let me know? Thank you in advance for any info. 

Edited by Camokidd87
Typos

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Didn't you just answer your question? The red/green arrow stays for 7 days.

Im not exactly sure honestly. Its just what i thought i may have noticed. I guess a simpler way to ask is if i were to get passed today, then held my spot for 7 days after without getting passed anymore would it go to green again? It seems to work that way but at same time i wouldnt of technically moved up anywhere so im not sure why itd change to green with up arrow on my profile. Its why im looking for any certain clarity. O think if you move up should be green, down red, and like blue shoukd mean held spot. If that makes sense. Because sometimes you work hard to keep your spot and you havent dropped but also havent gained. 

Edited by Camokidd87