Hwoarang_21

I cant verify my psn account , Sony never send verification email!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Are you serious Sony???

New worthless PS3 update????

I cant enter my psn , they send me some stupid scanning code, they toldo me i need to change my 10 year old pan password but the email for verification is nowhere to be found.

Sorry for my english.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm having trouble understanding you exactly, but try this:

 

- Sign into your PSN Account on the Playstation website.
- Go to your Account menu

- Go to Security
- Go to 2-step verification and find 'Device Setup Password' 
- Click on 'Generate New Password'

- Use that password to sign in to your PS3

 

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem , they dont let me sign into my psn account!!

Not even from the Playstation website.

😒

Useless updates!!!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Same problem , they dont let me sign into my psn account!!

Not even from the Playstation website.

1f612.png

Useless updates!!!

 

 

How is that related to PS3/Vita updates if you cannot sign in on the website?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

 

How is that related to PS3/Vita updates if you cannot sign in on the website?

 

OP's trophy list only has PS3 games on it. My guess is that they've forgotten their password and relied on keeping it saved on the console to sign in. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If you scan QR code instead sending you to the right site some error messages pop on your Phone. My god Sony is useless. Nothing's going to beat one of theirs PS3 Fat update though, when they forgot that February had 29 days and no one could sign up for their PSN account 😂.

P.S. It worked, but it's a hassle with five accounts.

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
mistakes were made
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HusKy said:

 

How is that related to PS3/Vita updates if you cannot sign in on the website?

Evething was fine, until they release the last useless PS3 update with the new 2 step verification.

Is very very related.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, why did they need to update a console they don't give a fuck? Sony doing whatever is needed to never have me buying another PS from them

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DonMatt146 said:

Seriously, why did they need to update a console they don't give a fuck? Sony doing whatever is needed to never have me buying another PS from them

They’re just slowly and methodically killing off the system. First they remove the ability to add money directly to the PS3, unless you add it through PS4 or PS5, now they remove account creations and updated password protocols for “eNhAnCeD SeCuRiTy”. Honestly, nothing pisses me off more than having to use a generated password and can never change back to my old password. It’s ridiculous.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

They’re just slowly and methodically killing off the system. First they remove the ability to add money directly to the PS3, unless you add it through PS4 or PS5, now they remove account creations and updated password protocols for “eNhAnCeD SeCuRiTy”. Honestly, nothing pisses me off more than having to use a generated password and can never change back to my old password. It’s ridiculous.

 

I still haven’t updated yet, but people were saying you could check a box for your system to “remember” the random password in other threads. Is this not the case? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

 

I still haven’t updated yet, but people were saying you could check a box for your system to “remember” the random password in other threads. Is this not the case? 


Yeah, there’s a box in the PS3 Sign in where you can Save your Password, so you don’t have to retype your password each time. But here’s the catch: after using a generated password, I tried my old password as instructed and instead, it’s having me go through the whole process of using another generated password.

 

So my personal advice: keep the save password box checked and have a photo of the password in case something goes wrong or SONY further complicates PS3 than it already is

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Evething was fine, until they release the last useless PS3 update with the new 2 step verification.

Is very very related.

 

I mean you should have 2 factor on regaurdless if its related to the new update or not

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:


Yeah, there’s a box in the PS3 Sign in where you can Save your Password, so you don’t have to retype your password each time. But here’s the catch: after using a generated password, I tried my old password as instructed and instead, it’s having me go through the whole process of using another generated password.

 

So my personal advice: keep the save password box checked and have a photo of the password in case something goes wrong or SONY further complicates PS3 than it already is

 

You have to generate a different device password per console you want to use your account with, so you have to do this process on as many consoles as you own with the original password as far as I know. However I've only done this with my PS3 super slim and not others yet. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. Generated passwords are one time only. You still need to use your old PSN account password though. Sony likes to mess things up. That's for sure. 

E.g. it's still impossible for me to play PSone games via PS3 on PSP. Did you know since last year many of us keep getting error messages when trying to download/copy or play old stuff we've bought few years back? It will happen with our PS4/PS5 games also. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

ive been helping people with this the past 2 days.

this is what to do
 

all steps below is all you need though
1. update software
2. youll notice you cant sign in
3. it will give you a scan code and link
4. enter the link in your pc to log into sonys website
5. the link is www.playstation.com/acct/device-password
6. click the tab that says "generate new password"
7. a new screen appears with your new ps3 console password
8. type in that password from your pc, into your ps3 console
9. make sure to checkmark save password on your console, this id is your new password, you wont b using your original password on the ps3 console anymore
10. the pw is case sensitive, if the letters are UPPER CASE, enter them as capital or non.
11. click done on your pc webpage
12. IF YOU HAVE MORE THEN ONE CONSOLE, YOU NEED A NEW ID FOR THE NEXT CONSOLE, EVEN THOUGH ITS THE SAME SCREEN NAME!
13. for 2nd console, repeat process, click generate new password. this will be your password for your second console.
14. if you want a new password, click revoke and that will remove the password so you can auto generate a new one (this will prob only be needed if your console gets stolen or something)
15. if your making a new account, i dont know. this is for previous account users
16. i dont know how this works for hen ps3, or hacked ps3

when i say device id, im referring to the auto generated password the pc webpage gave you.

short video explanation 
 



longer video explanation 
 

 


you dont need a photo of the generated password, you can click "revoke" on the sony website to delete it if you forget it and then generate a new one. because youll still be using your original pw on pc. 
checkmarking the account is good enough. 


this is correct. so if you have 1 screen name and 5 consoles youll need 5 new generated pws
if you have 5 screen names, and 5 consoles youll end up doing this 25 times. 5 codes per username

I cant see "generate new password" option, when i go to the link in "step 5" i only have the option for signing in and create new account.

An authentification error appears when i try to enter mi password, 

Why sony have to mess with this¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can help you, I just did it!

 

I was having the same problem, I could not receive a email verification from Sony in my old email.

 

At Sony website, where you have to login to your PSN account, at the screen where it says that you need to verify your email address, click at change sign ID.

 

Then insert another new email and then your old password.

 

I created a new email just for that and received a email verification from Sony at this new email.

 

Hope it helps!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2022 at 3:59 AM, Hwoarang_21 said:

I cant see "generate new password" option, when i go to the link in "step 5" i only have the option for signing in and create new account.

An authentification error appears when i try to enter mi password, 

Why sony have to mess with this¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡


this is either because you have 2 step activated, or you have to verify your email. it happened on one of my alt accounts i had to verify my email. it sounds more like you have 2 step turned on though. a code should be sent to your phone or email

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/5/2022 at 0:42 AM, Rob_TN said:

I can help you, I just did it!

 

I was having the same problem, I could not receive a email verification from Sony in my old email.

 

At Sony website, where you have to login to your PSN account, at the screen where it says that you need to verify your email address, click at change sign ID.

 

Then insert another new email and then your old password.

 

I created a new email just for that and received a email verification from Sony at this new email.

 

Hope it helps!

I did that, but they never send me anything with a new email.

In how much time they send you the verification email?

On 15/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, melodicmizery said:


this is either because you have 2 step activated, or you have to verify your email. it happened on one of my alt accounts i had to verify my email. it sounds more like you have 2 step turned on though. a code should be sent to your phone or email

How do i deactivate 2 steps???

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a device password, not your normal password. Don’t know what this is? You probably slept over a year worth of Sony changes then.

When I log into PS3 from time to time I can still many of the folks on my friends list to be offline the exact amount of time. None of them can figure it out. Debils :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant get keyboard to appear on my ps3 now and trophy lists look so messy now

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2022 at 6:04 PM, Cats said:

i cant get keyboard to appear on my ps3 now and trophy lists look so messy now


your about the 5th person who has mentioned this glitch. this update def has some odd glitches. i been helping people everyday. alot of people cant get past the qr screen even with the generated password. some people now cant use the ps store. people lose the keyboard. for me i constantly get disconnected and reconnected online on ps3.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, Hwoarang_21 said:

I did that, but they never send me anything with a new email.

In how much time they send you the verification email?

How do i deactivate 2 steps???


on the pc you can turn it off in the settings

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.