nooitzben

Sonic CD and other digital Sonic games to be delisted May 20th 2022

16 posts in this topic

Is this available physically (maybe part of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection) or digital only?

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Is this available physically (maybe part of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection) or digital only?

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/04/classic-sonic-games-getting-delisted-across-xbox-playstation-and-steam-next-month/#:~:text=Specifically%2C every individually released version,CD on iOS and Android.

"Specifically, every individually released version of Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic CD are all getting delisted from Steam, Xbox, Playstation 3 and Playstation Now. The SEGA AGES releases of Sonic 1 and 2 on Switch will remain, as will Sonic 1, 2 and CD on iOS and Android. The 3DS releases have yet to be specified, but with that digital service ending next year they likely aren’t bothering with it."

There's still the physical copies for Sega Saturn as far as I know. Sonic CD is also available for the PS2 and Gamecube in the Sonic Gems Collection. Sega just going to delist majority of the digital games and put them on Sonic Origins.

Edited by nooitzben
more info

I honestly don't know why I'm they are removing these. Like are they really that desperate for sales they think two generation old downloads are gonna break their complicated new remaster? Or people will run out and buy 360s and ps3s used just to play them there? 

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I honestly don't know why I'm they are removing these. Like are they really that desperate for sales they think two generation old downloads are gonna break their complicated new remaster? Or people will run out and buy 360s and ps3s used just to play them there? 

Buying them all on xbox is cheaper than buying Sonic Origins :( on xbox all of them in total is like 24 dollars so we are kinda getting ripped off :/ 

7 hours ago, luigiiguypabzor said:

Buying them all on xbox is cheaper than buying Sonic Origins :( on xbox all of them in total is like 24 dollars so we are kinda getting ripped off :/ 

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles we're still available on Xbox?! 

I thought they were delisted years ago.

Anyone know if they have already been removed? I meant to double check if I was missing any and forgot to and can't get to my system at the moment.

6 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Anyone know if they have already been removed? I meant to double check if I was missing any and forgot to and can't get to my system at the moment.

Sadly, yes they have.

5 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Sadly, yes they have.

Poop. Well, I know I bought a lot of the Sonic digital only games and my backlog is probably big enough for two lifetimes so...oh well.

37 minutes ago, luigiiguypabzor said:

Sonic 06 was RELISTED on xbox 360 for some reason 

Funny, it was delisted in 2010 when Sega decided to remove from sale all the "below average" (according to Metacritic) games from that era.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:32 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

Sonic CD is still available. I just bought it now.

Posted (edited)

Delete.

Edited by Floorkiller74

24 minutes ago, abercrombie123 said:

Sonic CD is still available. I just bought it now.

Can confirm as well, seen it still available on Canada PSN Store here

Sonic 1 and 2 though are delisted. Has anyone seen the first two games listed anywhere still by chance?

Just popping in to say that Sonic CD is still available for purchase for some reason. I just bought it myself.