5 Diamonds IS possible without proving grounds legendary run

LegitDannyDeVito

I don't think I've read anybody mentioning these yet, but I found a few new evo cards that are kinda pretty well hidden. So if you collect cards, and actually look into your my collection screen, you'll see there are collection rewards for completing a set of cards. Here is a list of evo cards included for those interested.

Superstar Series:

- Matt Riddle (ruby to amethyst)

- Liv Morgan (sapphire to ruby)

- Karrion Kross (sapphire to ruby)

Collector's Level

- Candice LeRae (Emerald/Ruby)

- Natalya (Sapphire/Ruby)

- Samoa Joe (ruby/amethyst)

- The Undertaker (Amethyst/Diamond)

- Beth Phoenix (not evo, but is diamond so worth mentioning)

Of course, here are some more I think are a little more well known, but worth mentioning

Lifetime Rewards

- Batista (Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby)

- Beth Phoenix (Sapphire/Ruby/Amethyst)

- Farooq (Sapphire/Ruby/Amethyst)

I wrote this post for those struggling with proving grounds, and want the 5 diamonds without the legendary runs. As you can see, it's easy to hit 10 evolutions without the dlc. I was really hoping to find a pinnacle of power card hidden somewhere here though, but unfortunately that one is still behind a paywall. 

TL;DR, 

5 diamonds IS possible without proving grounds and there are more than enough evo cards without dlc to hit 10. You still need 200 medals don't forget, but you can do this and change with every match on normal. 

Faction Wars:

- Randy Orton - 410 wins

- Becky Lynch - 455 wins

- Undertaker 02 - 500 wins

Collector's Level Rewards

- Undertaker evo card (level 16, need 580 cards)

- Beth Phoenix (lvl 22, need 880 cards)

(I'd also like to point out that this still won't be a cakewalk, and will require a lot of grinding and even more luck. The good news is 2K is adding new packs every now and then, so the pool is getting bigger, but the requirements are staying the same. 880 cards for max level, yet the pool is up to 903)

Edit: And something else I just want to say, for the love of god, please do not throw your money at this mode and think that'll help. You'll be opening 100s of packs, if not 1000+ if you're that unlucky. One pack costs approx $3, which is absurdly expensive for a microtransaction, and I don't condone spending money in this mode regardless.

Edited by LegitDannyDeVito

Are you sure the undertaker card the evolves into diamond actually counts as a diamond? 

the counter seems to only trigger cards at the level you GOT them in. Meaning while the upgraded undertaker would turn into a diamond you would only get credit for an amethyst. (Though you could use him for the 4 side plates challenge as all diamond cards have 4 slots).

also Beth diamond requires literally 880 other cards collected to unlock, without buying the packs the amount of currency you need would take about as long as the proving grounds run on legendary. The super star series set is cheapest and has the most cards available while the wrestlemania ones are most expensive and have very FEW cards (superstars) meaning you get way more side plates and contracts 

I still haven’t gotten the 5 diamond cards but can confirm the cards counting in the rarity they were obtained in.

ruby evo riddle ONLY gives you a ruby credit and NOT an amethyst credit once evolved.  

though your tip about the EVO cards is a great hidden tip for people! 

hopefully they release more opportunities for diamond cards and a 4 tier evo card without a paywall :)

Hopefully someone that has obtained this Undertaker evo card can confirm if that is true. Would be a huge bummer if it doesn't count as a diamond card, despite it literally being a diamond card. 

I want to point out that sideplates and customization items count towards this total. Its not just superstar cards. And while some packs cost more than others, you are more likely to get cards you haven't acquired yet instead of getting repeats. I don't buy the cheap packs because I get plenty of them from faction wars. I diversify the packs I buy to be as efficient as possible. Currently, I'm at 300 cards, but less than 200 wins in faction wars, so my method isn't exactly the slowest. One tip I would suggest is looking at my collection, you can see which cards you already have and which packs will be less likely to give you repeats. Over time, there will be more and more packs making this task much easier. 

3 hours ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

Hopefully someone that has obtained this Undertaker evo card can confirm if that is true. Would be a huge bummer if it doesn't count as a diamond card, despite it literally being a diamond card. 

I want to point out that sideplates and customization items count towards this total. Its not just superstar cards. And while some packs cost more than others, you are more likely to get cards you haven't acquired yet instead of getting repeats. I don't buy the cheap packs because I get plenty of them from faction wars. I diversify the packs I buy to be as efficient as possible. Currently, I'm at 300 cards, but less than 200 wins in faction wars, so my method isn't exactly the slowest. One tip I would suggest is looking at my collection, you can see which cards you already have and which packs will be less likely to give you repeats. Over time, there will be more and more packs making this task much easier. 

Sideplates don't count towards the total, only superstar, manager and customisation cards do. Basically anything under the my collection section

Is there any realistic hope at all of getting the remaining two diamonds from the token market? I'm 200 wins into Faction Wars with 17 Rubys unlocked so struggling to work out if grinding tokens from briefcase pulls and proving grounds is a feasible strategy.

5 hours ago, EddieMenuek said:

Is there any realistic hope at all of getting the remaining two diamonds from the token market? I'm 200 wins into Faction Wars with 17 Rubys unlocked so struggling to work out if grinding tokens from briefcase pulls and proving grounds is a feasible strategy.

I done all 500 Faction Wars matches to get the three guaranteed Diamond cards, plus any tokens from briefcases. I completed all of the Proving Grounds chapters with at least 84 medals to get the second tier rewards. I completed all the weekly towers that I could and in the end I managed to get six diamonds. Hope that helps!

Edited by KillswitchKyren
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KillswitchKyren said:

I done all 500 Faction Wars matches to get the three guaranteed Diamond cards, plus any tokens from briefcases. I completed all of the Proving Grounds chapters with at least 84 medals to get the second tier rewards. I completed all the weekly towers that I could and in the end I managed to get six diamonds. Hope that helps!

I'm just really skeptical that strategy would work. I'm where the above commentator is, at 200 wins in faction wars, got a couple ruby cards left to buy. I'm gonna need like 600 tokens just from briefcases if this strat works. Buying all amethyst is 1000 tokens right there, plus 150 for diamond, plus 90 for ruby.  Proving grounds will only give me 610 more tokens. I still got 45 tokens incoming from daily challenges and 45 incoming from sideplate challenge. I just don't see how I can get that many tokens from briefcases

27 minutes ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

I'm just really skeptical that strategy would work. I'm where the above commentator is, at 200 wins in faction wars, got a couple ruby cards left to buy. I'm gonna need like 600 tokens just from briefcases if this strat works. Buying all amethyst is 1000 tokens right there, plus 150 for diamond, plus 90 for ruby.  Proving grounds will only give me 610 more tokens. I still got 45 tokens incoming from daily challenges and 45 incoming from sideplate challenge. I just don't see how I can get that many tokens from briefcases

I can assure you if you do the same then you should be close. I wasn't even lucky with the briefcases in all honesty. Make sure to do the weekly towers as well, there's a few with 50 tokens in there and you will need to play 100 matches for a challenge anyway. The only extra that I may have had available is daily challenges but they wouldn't have ammounted to too much more. 

11 hours ago, SamNickzx said:

Sideplates don't count towards the total, only superstar, manager and customisation cards do. Basically anything under the my collection section

Want to add that customization cards from the undertaker, or NWO dlc do NOT count toward diamond cards. Thus I can only conclude just manager and superstars count 

3 hours ago, KillswitchKyren said:

I can assure you if you do the same then you should be close. I wasn't even lucky with the briefcases in all honesty. Make sure to do the weekly towers as well, there's a few with 50 tokens in there and you will need to play 100 matches for a challenge anyway. The only extra that I may have had available is daily challenges but they wouldn't have ammounted to too much more. 

I mention this on a different thread but this is my plan too.  I am already halfway through the Amethyst token board and have token rewards left from proving grounds (only have 70 stars so far working through the 1st tower) and a few lifetime challenges not yet completed.

Also, for those in no rush, Diamond superstars may very well be offered in the future through Weekly Towers, Packs, or Locker Codes.  This will be many months out but when the game is winding down I bet they diamonds will be more readily available.

I've platinumed the game and can confirm that evolution cards did not count towards the totals. Although I've never evolved to a diamond, when evolving cards into other grades it never counted towards my goal. I still say best way to get 5 diamonds is through faction wars and doing all chapters in proving ground on average of hard difficulty to get the second tier medal reward. You'll have enough to unlock and purchase final 2 diamonds. 

• Like 1