Anyone shifted from Playstation to Xbox for current (ninth) gen? Or considering?

Tirmata

Love someone feels the struggle I do, I have a PS4 and an Xbox one, been on playstation since PS1, then got a 360 In 2008, and loved it then got the PS3 in 2012 then PS4 but I had an itch for the X1, so I got it. Now I can't decide where to stay, PlayStation has good games but lacks the backwards compatibility I and many others have been wanting for so long. I love that Xbox has a place for all your games, regardless of how many you have (67, but probably closer to in the 70's) and take that account off your system and the games remain but on playstation I like the marvel games and I love the system and everything but something keeps drawing me back there and it becomes a back and forth, driving everyone nuts to the point they stop caring.

Forza Horizon is truely awesome, it's one of those racers that makes people who don't like racing games, a fan. it's hard in places, achievements push you a fair bit, but what i like the most is it has great accessability options all the way through the game, which give you more the more your willing to put into it. on pc It runs at around 120-140 fps for me, feels amazing. 

To be very transparent: No. I have way more than enough games I'm playing/have yet to play on PS and to me, there's no incentive for me to even remotely think about getting a XBOX. I've invested a lot of money and time over the years into PlayStation and I feel that I would be starting from ground zero making the switch.  

Nah, I like more the PS exclusives atm and because of the trophy system I want to continue my way on PS than starting all over again there... And I couldn't care less about the studios that MS has bought, don't like their games. IF I would buy another console I prefer to get a Switch, but with so little free time that I can't even deal with my PS3 backlog... Why would I change?

• Like 1

Sony has killed my interest in their platform and it looks like PS5 will never have exclusives I'd have interest in. Everybody's Golf and Gravity Rush are examples of games I wanted to play but both series are just a faint memory of what PlayStation used to be. I've also noticed a trend of a lot of games (especially indies) skipping PS completely while they're available on all the other platforms. The last few years with PS4 have made me realize I don't enjoy playing on PlayStation anymore when I compare it to the other platforms (multiple Nintendo consoles and PC) I play on. 

The new Xbox consoles have superb features like Quick Resume and no need to be tethered to a console with a 0.5 meter cord when a controller runs out of battery. I don't own a PS5 or Xbox currently but Xbox Series X would be the obvious choice over PS5 for me. I'm already in the Xbox ecosystem via PC Game Pass which has been amazing value.

• Like 1

I'm interested in possibly getting a Series X, but a PS5 and a replacement for my New Nintendo 3DS XL are much bigger priorities for me at the moment.

A decent PC is arguably a far better investment than any current Xbox console, however, and there's not a lot that comes to mind that the Series X has that the PS5 doesn't.

Don't really see myself moving away from PlayStation anytime soon despite some of my concerns and criticisms (that might change in the future, of course).

I personally have more beef with Microsoft and Nintendo as companies anyways, but I still buy the latter company's crap so... lmao

Edited by Zephrese

• 4 weeks later...

started out on Atari 2600, thru the years I have had xboxes, PC gamed, the Wii and PS1 thru 5... and just last year picked up a VITA..

Playstation has been the most constant for me and my only source for gaming now, we don't even have a PC at home anymore, not much you cant do on your phone now. 

No, I have actually played an Xbox like 15 or so years ago, and while the game seemed fine I hated the controllers then.  

Ironically of all things, controllers make a big decision as to what I like to play or console I will play.  I've always thought that the PS1 controllers were like bigger SNES controllers, and then they got a smidge bigger yet still the main design.  It just helps with ease of playing most games, as it's a successful layout.

To each their own, I don't care what people choose to play, I do agree with others though the Achievement system is horrible.  If I was to ever get a different console it would be a nintendo, yet only if they had backward compatibility or games from the past you can play over streaming or purchase.

I honestly own all systems every generation and I wouldn't defer from that strategy. In fact, I'm anxious to get my hands on a Steam Deck as well for portability.

My main system is a PS5, but I'm absolutely not against owning the other systems as well. I used to be much more brand loyal, but once I realized that brand loyalty is a one-way street I gave up on that.

Game Pass is extraordinary and Sony could learn a lot from it. PSN Premium is a good step, but it's still a few paces short. Sony's arrogance is always a little more on the stingy side than Microsoft's.

I've never felt the need to switch from PlayStation in ANY generation. PlayStation has always had the games that I enjoy the most, and that is still very much true as of today. Their exclusives are on another level to the competition, and more importantly, the competition still has very little to show in the way of games. Sure, I know they're meant to be coming, but that isn't something I can trust when Microsoft have been saying that same thing every year since the original Xbox. And it still remains to be seen if Microsoft can manage all of their acquired studios and actually start pumping out high quality games consistently, something they have never quite managed to achieve before. 

Sony's got the better game catalog, specifically 1st party titles and it's not even close. Period. 

The only time I'd say the Xbox held an advantage over Playstation was the 360 era simply because the 360 had significantly better multiplayer than the PS3 and that was a huge thing at that time with the rise in popularity of 1st person shooters and craving online play for those games. Sony also botched the launch for the PS3 too and the 360 was just more accessible/easier to find AND the 360 had the strongest game catalog the Xbox ever had. 

All that and Microsoft still couldn't keep ahead of Sony over time. Unless all's you play is Halo and Forza, I don't how anybody can choose Xbox over Playstation otherwise. 

I've actually been playing a lot of Xbox recently due to the backwards compatibility. I'm ngl it's brilliant for that and for playing older games that didn't have trophies on PlayStation. Achievements aren't as good as trophies but it's nice to have something.

I do feel that PlayStation is getting very messy, especially with millions of the same trophy list and not being able to play PS3 games via downloading the game. No one wants to stream PS3 games so I think that's where Xbox have an advantage at the minute. Also with Microsoft buying up Bethesda and others, I think it's good to diversify in the event that games become exclusives to Microsoft. I wouldn't be annoyed as much now since I'm on PS, Xbox & PC.

• Like 1

There's no point, unless you want to buy half baked console which will be replaced by newer one in 2 years just you can play another port of 1st Halo, Gears of War or Skyrim. 

Xbox and PS doesn't do exclusives. You can play Sony and MS games on PC, uncensored, and with free multiplayer. 

The games you mentioned are no argument for me. Can play them all on PS3. But let me tell you one thing not all Xbox and X360 games are backward compatible. You can't play og Bastion, Tales of Vesperia or Skyrim for example on newer Xbox systems because newer versions of those titles were released. 

If i shift somewhere it will be PC for exclusives, PS, Xbox games and superior emulators which even let you play PS2 games from the disc. You can buy Plus god tiers and Sony won't let you do it. 

P. S. Switch is becoming an alternative for me more and more also. 

Not really switching as I have both, However for Cross platform I'll buy PS4 over PS5 and the Xbox over Ps5. Reason? Well the Dual Sense being the only choice is a joke on Sony's behalf, allot of us are virtually crippled after and hours gameplay. Also The lovely system update that screwed my TV big time which is also Sony that doesn't seem to want to have the ability to turn off ALLM. The lack of freedom with the PS5 is a joke and somewhat backwards for 2020/21/22 in my opinion.

I'll always have the last 6 gens of console so it's no big deal until exclusives are for PS5 only in which case I can just dream that this console is hacked and allow something we would expect for an expensive machine, Diversity in controller selection.

Then there's PC, Well yes I have a gaming PC and yes the community is more toxic then the gun community. Idk, I don't want to hear about some kids RTX that their mom probably bought without realizing that many console gamers also have a gaming pc. Single player is fine I guess but publishers logically really do side on consoles favorably thanks to Piracy. I play allot of online competitive games and crossplay is not a good thing for console gamers.

Oh of course the switch, I rebought one recently and this has improved over the years in my opinion.