PS5 consoles surpass 19.3 million units while PS4 passes 117.2 million units

DaivRules

3 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

What is this ps5 you speak of? I see nothing but over priced weights with that name. Joke aside I feel ps5 was shot out to the market too soon and without much plan without just a EA mindset of "Lets make as much money as we can. this looks ready enough who cares if it has bugs and glitches we can fix it later down the line we love money and want it right now"  

Honestly I will annoyed if Sony pull that shit again, and announce a PS5 Pro. the idea of a slim console is fine, I mean they've been doing that since PS1 and it does make sense to repackage a console, make it cheaper, smaller and less power reliant. That kind of shit is what annoys me about mobiles and PCs, having a whole ton of versions and then games not being as stable (frame rate) wise because of having to try and develop for various specs.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Honestly I will annoyed if Sony pull that shit again, and announce a PS5 Pro. the idea of a slim console is fine, I mean they've been doing that since PS1 and it does make sense to repackage a console, make it cheaper, smaller and less power reliant. That kind of shit is what annoys me about mobiles and PCs, having a whole ton of versions and then games not being as stable (frame rate) wise because of having to try and develop for various specs.

The thing that annoys me is that games are nowadays always broke it is rare to find one that is not as bugy or lacking in something or another nowdays. I feel the pricing and the price of ps plus and new ps5 games is what kills it. Why pay 70 for a new game that is just base game? I mean I feel old and abit of a penny pincher due to the fact that back when I younger and was getting into games. the most a game was, was at best 35 to £40. Then ps3 had it go up to around 45 to 50 then ps4 had it go to 55 or 60 and now just flat 70 it sickens me when ps3 and 2 they gave more for the price back then. Then the games now. This is not putting dlc into account either as you can easily pop into this another 50 or 40 or so into it and boom a single game is just basically 100+ and has bugs and glitches and so on.

I might come off rude to devs and so on but if this was pulled back in early 2005 or 2009 you would of been laughed at. Take spyro enter the dragonfly as an example or the thing or even more of a shit show of a game that being drake 99 dragons. nowadays games are just bugy and you have to wait for them not just for sales but for patches as well. I feel it is inexcusable for the price they want and how they treat their customers.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

The thing that annoys me is that games are nowadays always broke it is rare to find one that is not as bugy or lacking in something or another nowdays. I feel the pricing and the price of ps plus and new ps5 games is what kills it. Why pay 70 for a new game that is just base game? I mean I feel old and abit of a penny pincher due to the fact that back when I younger and was getting into games. the most a game was, was at best 35 to £40. Then ps3 had it go up to around 45 to 50 then ps4 had it go to 55 or 60 and now just flat 70 it sickens me when ps3 and 2 they gave more for the price back then. Then the games now. This is not putting dlc into account either as you can easily pop into this another 50 or 40 or so into it and boom a single game is just basically 100+ and has bugs and glitches and so on.

I might come off rude to devs and so on but if this was pulled back in early 2005 or 2009 you would of been laughed at. Take spyro enter the dragonfly as an example or the thing or even more of a shit show of a game that being drake 99 dragons. nowadays games are just bugy and you have to wait for them not just for sales but for patches as well. I feel it is inexcusable for the price they want and how they treat their customers.

It's a double edged sword, I mean making games is easier and harder in equal measures. Because games can be fixed as buggy messes and released later. And now with all the online and interactive activity stuff, and patching. Making the actual game is usually the easy part, testing whether it works, is balanced, is fun and making sure it is compatible with everything. That stuff can be done on the fly. When you had one chance, a single cartidge or a CD to get it right, and have it fully working and shipped around the world, because you didn't have a second chance to fix it.

We'll never have an Atari2600 ET incident ever again, not to mention that worse than that, people don't mind and expect bugs in new games, it's normalised now. Also normalised games to be super expensive, and have bits cut out and sold back to you as DLC, have about 5 different versions.

Certain as far back as the days of PS1 and PS2, games were solid and complete packages and in one version, and easily emulate and forever preserved.

Rarely did games have game breaking bugs or finished content. Standards have changed, but there's of course no reason for it, other than you can get away with half arsed efforts.

You should just be like me and wait for sales on everything. If a game is good (like Elden Ring) buy it at full price. If games don't deserve full price then well, don't buy them at full price.

Regarding the PS5 I would be surprised if it ever outsells the PS4, I mean not having supplies is of course the biggest reason, although the PS3 going through the 2008 economic crisis crash, that console might have sold less, likely PS4 was delayed for that reason. Console sales in general have real life implications and world economic things also influencing the outcomes.

We're probably going to see lower sales in the immediate future for all consoles, due to this inflation issue that we are currently going through.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, enaysoft said:

It's a double edged sword, I mean making games is easier and harder in equal measures. Because games can be fixed as buggy messes and released later. And now with all the online and interactive activity stuff, and patching. Making the actual game is usually the easy part, testing whether it works, is balanced, is fun and making sure it is compatible with everything. That stuff can be done on the fly. When you had one chance, a single cartidge or a CD to get it right, and have it fully working and shipped around the world, because you didn't have a second chance to fix it.

We'll never have an Atari2600 ET incident ever again, not to mention that worse than that, people don't mind and expect bugs in new games, it's normalised now. Also normalised games to be super expensive, and have bits cut out and sold back to you as DLC, have about 5 different versions.

Certain as far back as the days of PS1 and PS2, games were solid and complete packages and in one version, and easily emulate and forever preserved.

Rarely did games have game breaking bugs or finished content. Standards have changed, but there's of course no reason for it, other than you can get away with half arsed efforts.

You should just be like me and wait for sales on everything. If a game is good (like Elden Ring) buy it at full price. If games don't deserve full price then well, don't buy them at full price.

Regarding the PS5 I would be surprised if it ever outsells the PS4, I mean not having supplies is of course the biggest reason, although the PS3 going through the 2008 economic crisis crash, that console might have sold less, likely PS4 was delayed for that reason. Console sales in general have real life implications and world economic things also influencing the outcomes.

We're probably going to see lower sales in the immediate future for all consoles, due to this inflation issue that we are currently going through.

Well that is the problem I feel. People shouldn't have to wait for games to be out then wait on a sale/ till it is patched or resold as a fixed complete one as to me it is just greedy nowadays. I have gotten elden ring and evil dead lately due to the fact I felt like it would be good prices and both games were priced at 50 then over the top but it still sickens me how games have gotten like this now.

I mean people are willing to pay for dlc to Cyberpunk 2077 for god sake I would demand for all dlc to be free like how no man's sky basically has done it but that is me.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

Damn shame about the pandemic and resultant chip shortage (aside from all the illness, death and economic strife facing many people, obviously), the PS5 would have undoubtedly been an absolute runaway success, but those numbers are still looking good. I love my PS5 but I'm waiting to get a HDMI 2.1 TV (very soon!) to get the most out of it now, and I hope everyone here still waiting to get one is blessed with the opportunity soon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Damn shame about the pandemic and resultant chip shortage (aside from all the illness, death and economic strife facing many people, obviously), the PS5 would have undoubtedly been an absolute runaway success, but those numbers are still looking good. I love my PS5 but I'm waiting to get a HDMI 2.1 TV (very soon!) to get the most out of it now, and I hope everyone here still waiting to get one is blessed with the opportunity soon. 

If it's any solace, the last console launch that was done during a severe chip shortage that significantly impacted manufacturing and logistics still did petty well. Interesting to see all the other economic similarities happening around the same time as that launch.

Spoiler

It was the Super Nintendo. The console that led to the creation of the PlayStation Console.

“History Doesn't Repeat Itself, but It Often Rhymes” – Mark Twain

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

At this point in my life I have most of everything covered. There is very little I want on the PS5. Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Demon's Souls, Elden Ring, but that's practically it. Astro's Playroom automatically comes with the PS5. Bugsnax and Horizon Forbidden West would be my choices if I had a smaller backlog.

I have absolutely no interest in any of the new Call of Duty games. No Battlefield. No Fortnite. No Overwatch. Just no. I've been programmed to despise modern gaming in general. That doesn't mean I hate all modern games, but nowadays I'm literally having to look up YouTube footage, livestream footage on Twitch or wherever to find that hidden gem. It's another reason why I'm clinging more to obscure indies and AA titles, because at least they're allowed to breathe and create something original. Instead of some soulless, billion dollar corporation, especially the publisher, telling the developers what they can and can't have in their games. 

Western AAA gaming has gone to absolute shit. If you asked me back in 2008 - 2010 on whether or not Western AAA gaming was bad, I would of laughed in your face. Today I can see the sinister undertones with the gaming industry.

Our best interests aren't at heart. If I do decide to get the PS5 anytime soon, I will be getting the disc version. The digital version just means I'm giving up more of my possessions to a soulless company who is all in it for the money.

Ya know, you keep sprouting about how modern gaming is bad and stuff, you need to play some Japanese games before you judge them.

52 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

Ya know, you keep sprouting about how modern gaming is bad and stuff, you need to play some Japanese games before you judge them.

I did three Yakuza games over the past few months. Look at my profile before you judge that I don't play Japanese titles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alantor32 said:

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I did three Yakuza games over the past few months. Look at my profile before you judge that I don't play Japanese titles.

Haha yeah, but in his post he was shitting on western games and not eastern ones. Still, I managed to get AJRadio addicted to Yakuza games so all good so far, we just need to help the guy in the right direction lol. Although to be fair even Japanese games are a bit on the downhill too, there's certainly not as many good Japanese games coming as there were in 80, 90s and 00s. Especially with many Japanese companies going bust and a few (like Konami) losing their way.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Haha yeah, but in his post he was shitting on western games and not eastern ones. Still, I managed to get AJRadio addicted to Yakuza games so all good so far, we just need to help the guy in the right direction lol.

Off topic, but I'm looking forward to Yakuza 3 and the others when I get around to buying them. Even if they are dated now, they look sick.

Back to PS5 discussion, I've been seeing more PS5 consoles in my local area, but you still have to pay overprice. Either that or get lucky.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

At this point in my life I have most of everything covered. There is very little I want on the PS5. Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Demon's Souls, Elden Ring, but that's practically it. Astro's Playroom automatically comes with the PS5. Bugsnax and Horizon Forbidden West would be my choices if I had a smaller backlog.

I have absolutely no interest in any of the new Call of Duty games. No Battlefield. No Fortnite. No Overwatch. Just no. I've been programmed to despise modern gaming in general. That doesn't mean I hate all modern games, but nowadays I'm literally having to look up YouTube footage, livestream footage on Twitch or wherever to find that hidden gem. It's another reason why I'm clinging more to obscure indies and AA titles, because at least they're allowed to breathe and create something original. Instead of some soulless, billion dollar corporation, especially the publisher, telling the developers what they can and can't have in their games. 

Western AAA gaming has gone to absolute shit. If you asked me back in 2008 - 2010 on whether or not Western AAA gaming was bad, I would of laughed in your face. Today I can see the sinister undertones with the gaming industry.

Our best interests aren't at heart. If I do decide to get the PS5 anytime soon, I will be getting the disc version. The digital version just means I'm giving up more of my possessions to a soulless company who is all in it for the money.

you continue to hate on things you can't have Caj. You hate Playstation practices, you hate Jim Ryan(reasonable), you hate ps5, you hate AAA gaming, you always rant about the "classic days", perhaps you're just bitter. 

You: "If i get digital version it means I'm giving up more of my possessions to a soulless company who is all in it for the money"

FYI: Buying disc version, you're still giving them money. Buying any games for Playstation or using any PS subscription service, you're still giving this "soulless" company money. 

If you hate Sony so much and AAA gaming, why you even use their stuff?

Oh lastly, "a company in it for the money".... not sure what you learned in school, but companies do go for profit, and their goal is to gain money. So i see nothing wrong with what Sony is doing. Its just business .

• Like 4

amazing numbers considering the problems it had to deal with, shortages caused by multiple factos, mixed marketing, lack of next gen games, and it's still selling just as fast as ever so no "it's just hype" excuse, 1.5 years in the generaion and a made PS5 is a sold PS5, they don't sit in stock anywhere at any price, this shows that people really just want the new PlayStation at any cost no matter what

I got one, I love it, best console I have ever had, games look and play beautifully on it, UI is fast and efficient with a cool design, controller is unmatched, it's not hot and loud like PS4/PS4pro, BC works great for the most part, no major complaints....

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Off topic, but I'm looking forward to Yakuza 3 and the others when I get around to buying them.

Looking forward to hearing your views, Yakuza 3 is an awesome game, but it might break you lol. Will be looking forward to hearing your views (and no doubt angry rants) while you play through it.

Edited by enaysoft