Do you/would you own a gun?

Dreakon139

I don't know how to use them, I know nothing about them, so unless I take the time to learn how to handle a firearm, they wouldn't be much good for me. I held a hunting rifle once, and it was so damn heavy I don't imagine myself being able to use that. I guess smaller firearms might be better, but you still need to know how to properly handle it. In my case, if I had to use one against an assailant or a robber or something, I don't think I have the zen state needed to handle one. I'd freak out too much and shoot all over the place. Lawl.

Ain't got nothing against them though, or the people into guns. As long as they know how to responsibly use it. I'm a big fan of swords and knives though. However, I don't study any combat techniques that include the use of such weapons. (and even so, most of my stuff is replicas; I do have some actual authentic stuff though) Besides maintenance, I can't handle those either. So if worse comes to worse, if a robber comes in here, I hope they get scared if I'm holding one lol. An unloaded gun could easily be used for intimidation too, but it's not guaranteed to work, either. So that's why, for all intents and purposes, even if guns were all legal over here, I wouldn't have one. My romanticized Viking gear is passion and a hobby, so owning that is justifiable in that respect.

But yeah, guns are fine. From the little I know of them, I'm especially interested in the magnums, the revolver types. Those seem pretty badass lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how to use them, I know nothing about them, so unless I take the time to learn how to handle a firearm, they wouldn't be much good for me. I held a hunting rifle once, and it was so damn heavy I don't imagine myself being able to use that. I guess smaller firearms might be better, but you still need to know how to properly handle it. In my case, if I had to use one against an assailant or a robber or something, I don't think I have the zen state needed to handle one. I'd freak out too much and shoot all over the place. Lawl.

Ain't got nothing against them though, or the people into guns. As long as they know how to responsibly use it. I'm a big fan of swords and knives though. However, I don't study any combat techniques that include the use of such weapons. (and even so, most of my stuff is replicas; I do have some actual authentic stuff though) Besides maintenance, I can't handle those either. So if worse comes to worse, if a robber comes in here, I hope they get scared if I'm holding one lol. An unloaded gun could easily be used for intimidation too, but it's not guaranteed to work, either. So that's why, for all intents and purposes, even if guns were all legal over here, I wouldn't have one. My romanticized Viking gear is passion and a hobby, so owning that is justifiable in that respect.

But yeah, guns are fine. From the little I know of them, I'm especially interested in the magnums, the revolver types. Those seem pretty badass lol.

Just think of them as is you were playing a Monkey Island game....point and click. cleaning and care instructions come with the cleaning kits. If you can figure out how to upload a youtube video, you can figure out how to properly care for a firearm.

1 key lesson...don't pull it out unless you plan on using it...and if you plan on using it, empty it. Style points don't count.

I've been skeet shooting some time ago with my aunt, never did hit skeet though u_u that being said i'm just assuming this means own a gun and keep it in/near your household?

It's illegal here to own one so no i don't, but even if it was legal i wouldn't, i don't need one, don't want one.

I don't see the need for me to have that added risk of danger around, it doesn't matter how careful you are there's still always that possibility that something could go wrong, even if it's a small one, i wouldn't take that chance, but that's just me.

• Like 2

It's illegal here to own one so no i don't, but even if it was legal i wouldn't, i don't need one, don't want one.

I don't see the need for me to have that added risk of danger around, it doesn't matter how careful you are there's still always that possibility that something could go wrong, even if it's a small one, i wouldn't take that chance, but that's just me.

I second that B)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm such an American, assuming all countries have a right to bare arms. Though I believe there are protocols you have to go through here to legally own a firearm, so maybe there are ways in other countries? Eh, I don't know. I barely understand the laws here sometimes.

I thought you were British! lol BTW How could you switch to the Xbox!? TRAITOR! :o:D

Yep, I live in America where we have the right to bear arms, and I have no problem owning a firearm, someday, I'm sure I'll buy one. Gotta love the Supreme Court and the Constitution! :D

Well i'm in the uk and although firearms laws are very stringent you are allowed to buy and own shotguns and rifles here under licence whereas any handgun although can be owned has to be kept in a gun club / firing range. Personally I shoot pretty much every weekend, I don't feel the need to name them with model and serial number, they are used for work as in pest control of pigeons, rats, rabbits, foxes etc so without being too specific a .22 air rifle for the smaller vermin ranging up to a rifle and a couple of shotties for the bigger stuff. Also the odd clay shoot isn't out of order if I think i've got a chance at winning the comp..

I thought you were British! lol BTW How could you switch to the Xbox!? TRAITOR! :o:D

Lol, really? Figured the "Buffalo, NY" in my Location would give away my American-ness. I know someone who would be happy to hear I come across as British. :lol:

And yup, on the Xbox bandwagon for now, I know more people with it. ;)

Lol, really? Figured the "Buffalo, NY" in my Location would give away my American-ness. I know someone who would be happy to hear I come across as British. :lol:

And yup, on the Xbox bandwagon for now, I know more people with it. ;)

I never looked at where you were from! Silly me :D

I actually do own a gun, i have it for home defense. I've never been in a situation where i've needed to use it though.

If someone such as robber were to invade my house and threaten to kill me with a lethal weapon, i would rather have a gun at my side for self-defence. If i didn't, my only option other than searching for a weapon to fight back with would be calling the police and by the time i'd get my hands on the phone i'd be dead. Although situations this dire are rare they do happen and i like to be on the safe side.

I, myself, own a Yugoslavian SKS. It has a blade bayonette and a muzzle that is capable of firing a grenade, when the firing a blank round with the gas tube set properly (by the way, that's just how they are made. I did not add that). I bought it largely for recreation, but now that the novelty has worn off, due in part to the price of ammunition, I keep it for protection. I'm not in a terrible part of town, exactly, but the situation in the city I live in is... changing. I don't expect to ever use it, even as a visual aid, but it would be naive of me to dismiss the possibility, outright.

I don't think everybody should be armed, but here, with Arkansan societal norms what they are, everybody is. Maybe that's just a cop-out. I don't know. Either way, there it is.

I, myself, own a Yugoslavian SKS. It has a blade bayonette and a muzzle that is capable of firing a grenade, when the firing a blank round with the gas tube set properly (by the way, that's just how they are made. I did not add that). I bought it largely for recreation, but now that the novelty has worn off, due in part to the price of ammunition, I keep it for protection. I'm not in a terrible part of town, exactly, but the situation in the city I live in is... changing. I don't expect to ever use it, even as a visual aid, but it would be naive of me to dismiss the possibility, outright.

I don't think everybody should be armed, but here, with Arkansan societal norms what they are, everybody is. Maybe that's just a cop-out. I don't know. Either way, there it is.

Being your neighbor to the north, don't feel that there is any "stigma" whether you own a gun or not. The wife was dead set against owning one originally. Now, I'd doubt that she do without having one in the house. Just because we live "out in the country" that isn't a reason to be prepared against a meth-crazed freak kicking in your door looking for some valuables for a quick sale. That or a plague of possums come raining down from the treetops.

Just because we live "out in the country" that isn't a reason to be prepared against a meth-crazed freak kicking in your door looking for some valuables for a quick sale.

Agreed 100%. To quote one of my favorite CDB songs:

Now I'm the kinda man that'd not harm a mouse

But if I catch somebody breakin in my house

I've got twelve guage shotgun waiting on the other side

'Nuff said. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have several handguns and rifles, given to me by my father. The most I've ever done with them is a little target shooting in the past, and I've never been a huge fan of guns. Weapons are cool in fiction, but in reality, they only remind me of how humans invent more effective ways to kill one another.