Issues With the Expansion Pass

Sim_Racer_97

Hi, guys. I don't know if anyone once had a problem like I have now: Last year I bought the Gold edition for Ps4 (so base game + expansion pass). Now I wanted to play the game. Downloaded the main game on my ps5 (but the ps4 version of the game), then I downloaded the the two dlcs (Two colones and sam story). I instantly wondered why the the download says ps5 version of the dlcs but since I don't find a specific ps4 version of the dlcs I thought it should be alright. Today I started the game and saw that indeed the dlcs are locked. The game says, its the wrong version. So its indeed the ps5 version of the dlcs. 

How is it possible to buy a gold edition (ps4) and get the main game and the ps5 versions of the dlcs, this does not make any sense. And there are not even ps4 versions of the dlcs in the store. Really weird. 

Does somebody know how I can solve this and still play the ps4 version up to 100%? Or do I have to play the ps5 version? Actually I wanted to do both 

• Like 1

The two dlcs you have downloaded are indeed only for the PS5 version of the game. The PS4 versions are a little hidden and for some reason you can't find them in the store anymore. I had issues finding them myself too, it took me like an hour to find them, but there's an easy solution.

All you have to do is to fully install the PS4 version of Metro Exodus on your PS5 and then go to your Game Library. Hover to Metro Exodus PS4 version and press options. Then choose manage game content. You should be able to download both DLCs from there. If there is no option, you should renew your game licenses. 

Edited by Sardavanua
typo

Hi. First of all, thanks for your answer, but it seems that there is still a problem. I did what you said (also renewed my game licenses but it keeps saying me there is no content to manage when I choose mange game content. 

I had a further look in the store and found a weird thing. When you look for the dlcs separately (for example Sams Story), then you can choose two different "versions". The funny thing is, both are called "Add-on". Now the weird thing is, 1 version I can download (but then I got the ps5 version of the dlc in my download list), the other one I can add to the card. Really strange. Both "versions" say PS4/PS5 so I can't figure out if there is any difference (don't want to buy this because maybe its not the solution). Still wondering how this could be possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I’m also trying to play the ps4 version but cannot find out how to download the ps4 version of the dlc. It doesn’t show up in the store or the “game content” section like suggested, and trying to access it through the dlc menu prompts me to buy the ps4 version from the store (despite me playing the ps4 version at that very moment). Is there a link to the ps4 version of the dlc somewhere instead of the ps5 versions?

Hi, unfortunately no.

I guess, due to some weird error when buying the expansion pass, you only get the ps5 versions of the dlc. But when you search for the dlcs separately in the store you find out that you can choose between two versions of the dlcs (like you can when there are two versions of games). Both are called "Add-on". One I can download and the other version I can still buy. So I guess this would be the ps4 version then (unfortunately there is no way to make sure which version it is but there is not really any other chance)

I will try to buy these when there are on sale someday then I can confirm if this is the solution or not

Edited by Sim_Racer_97

Dumb question, but have you guys tried  seeing if the PS4 version of the expansion pass is free/bought? 

You can also try using the PSStore for mobile. Search up Metro Exodus, select your “edition”, and tap on the “add-on” section. For you Gold Edition should say “Purchased” and the DLC’s and Expansion pass should be listed. 

I didn’t have any trouble downloading the expansions so I don’t fully understand your problem. I purchased the PS4 Gold Edition (to also play on PS5). I downloaded both expansions separately from the main download. Sam’s Story through the applications page and Two Colonels through the games menu. 

6 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Dumb question, but have you guys tried  seeing if the PS4 version of the expansion pass is free/bought? 

You can also try using the PSStore for mobile. Search up Metro Exodus, select your “edition”, and tap on the “add-on” section. For you Gold Edition should say “Purchased” and the DLC’s and Expansion pass should be listed. 

I didn’t have any trouble downloading the expansions so I don’t fully understand your problem. I purchased the PS4 Gold Edition (to also play on PS5). I downloaded both expansions separately from the main download. Sam’s Story through the applications page and Two Colonels through the games menu. 

I actually bought the Aurora edition at launch, which came with the expansion pass. I never finished it back then which is why I’m getting back to it now, only to run into the issue of not being able to use the expansion pass with the ps4 version. In the PS App there’s only one version of the expansion listed, and when I hit download from there is only downloads the ps5 version.

At the end of the day I can always just play the ps5 version since the dlc for that seems to download fine, but since I got about half the trophies on the ps4 version I kind of wanted to get the platinum on that version as well. Just seems like a weird dev oversight where you can no longer download the ps4 version of the dlc if you’re on ps5. Absolute worst case is I can dig out my ps4 again but that’s far from ideal.

Ok I figured out a fix, but you’ll need a ps4 unfortunately. I pulled my own out of storage, installed the game, and it let me download the dlc. After fully installing everything and making sure it worked, I went back to my ps5 and was able to download the ps4 versions specifically onto my ps5. For some reason I needed to reinstall the expansion pass on a ps4 first, and after that they both showed up in the “manage game content” tab whereas they didn’t before.