Does playing in private rooms block trophy progression?

Spraragen88

1 hour ago, gamercris066 said:

Private does work with the trophies, Playing solo does disable trophy progression.

Awesome!! So I can get in a lobby with just friends and still earn trophies. I was worried I would be stuck with random people who don't know how to stick together or even level up their characters (a big problem at the moment)

4 minutes ago, Gundam-J25 said:

Is the XP gain the same in private? 

yes in private. But not SOLO. 

1 hour ago, buck2159 said:

A friend popped two trophies playing solo vs AI this morning. I haven’t personally tried yet, so take that with a grain of salt

you can also get trophies from the missions, but not getting XP during SOLO makes it not worth it imo

The information is so mixed, it seems. I'd like to know from someone who has tried (succeeded or failed). Can you pop trophies in AI games? It seems XP is disabled, that much seems to be consistent in posts. But what about the gimmick trophies? 4 ashes on a team, full team in a car, etc etc.

I personally don't care about XP, I'll get that from naturally playing. But I do care if I have to rely on random players to get the more niche trophies done.

This post, seems to suggest things can be done in solo. But is solo with AI or....?

Edited by Skurkitty

9 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

The information is so mixed, it seems. I'd like to know from someone who has tried (succeeded or failed). Can you pop trophies in AI games? It seems XP is disabled, that much seems to be consistent in posts. But what about the gimmick trophies? 4 ashes on a team, full team in a car, etc etc.

I personally don't care about XP, I'll get that from naturally playing. But I do care if I have to rely on random players to get the more niche trophies done.

This post, seems to suggest things can be done in solo. But is solo with AI or....?

I have managed to get all team trophies except for the Ash vs Evil Dead (pablo) team from meeting randoms online. It won’t be too hard. I played late last night and saw a bunch of the newer characters, the more “hardcore” players were on the later it was. 

don’t think you’re gonna get lucky with having AI select the perfect team to get those trophies. So realistically, the solo vs AI just isn’t worth it. Too many variables. Just food for thought ??‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

I have managed to get all team trophies except for the Ash vs Evil Dead (pablo) team from meeting randoms online. It won’t be too hard. I played late last night and saw a bunch of the newer characters, the more “hardcore” players were on the later it was. 

don’t think you’re gonna get lucky with having AI select the perfect team to get those trophies. So realistically, the solo vs AI just isn’t worth it. Too many variables. Just food for thought ?1f3fc.png‍♂️

My overall concern is that the survivor experience would be terrible with all randoms resulting in making those type of trophies rather difficult and annoying. But if it's not that bad then I'll have to give it a shot. ?

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

My overall concern is that the survivor experience would be terrible with all randoms resulting in making those type of trophies rather difficult and annoying. But if it's not that bad then I'll have to give it a shot. 1f601.png

I hear ya. I’ve gotten a mixed experience, honestly what makes or breaks the team is not grouping up, especially once the map pieces are gathered. I’ve had a match here and there of someone just splitting off and playing the game like it’s solo. But that was twice out of the maybe 75 matches I’ve played so far. Most of the time people will group up, or you just have to stick with them haha 

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

3 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

2,  one survivor and one demon.

If u have 2 consoles u can easily earn all trophies in private matches by yourself.

technically 3 for the most profit. If you go into a private match with 2, that’ll only be demon and 1 survivor.

Can’t get the revives, revive from dead, etc unless there’s 2 survivors

4 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

technically 3 for the most profit. If you go into a private match with 2, that’ll only be demon and 1 survivor.

Can’t get the revives, revive from dead, etc unless there’s 2 survivors

It's a little scummy but you can just do Survivors vs AI. Invite your second account and focus on the revives, resurrections. I did it for the 10 resurrections, but felt bad for the other 2 randoms so I'll do the revives naturally from playing.

Get both accounts in a car and just drive away from you teammates so they won't interrupt you. The two randoms I got match with still managed to win as well. So the Demon AI must not be super strong, or they were really good.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

So I want to create a game session for any day around 11:00pm EST but because the ps4 trophies aren’t synched I can’t create a session since the website doesn’t consider it a game I own.  How else do people find others to boost trophies with since posting about it is against the rules?

I wanted to do a private game and at least get the “finish a match with X characters” out of the way. Maybe the revives and resurrections too.

30 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

So I want to create a game session for any day around 11:00pm EST but because the ps4 trophies aren’t synched I can’t create a session since the website doesn’t consider it a game I own.  How else do people find others to boost trophies with since posting about it is against the rules?

I wanted to do a private game and at least get the “finish a match with X characters” out of the way. Maybe the revives and resurrections too.

You can sync a game at 0% trophies, just have to sync it to your trophy list before earning anything. Usually just entails starting the game.

If you earned trophies and are holding off on syncing, you can try zero loading it on an alternate account and use that to create a session 

7 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

It's a little scummy but you can just do Survivors vs AI. Invite your second account and focus on the revives, resurrections. I did it for the 10 resurrections, but felt bad for the other 2 randoms so I'll do the revives naturally from playing.

Get both accounts in a car and just drive away from you teammates so they won't interrupt you. The two randoms I got match with still managed to win as well. So the Demon AI must not be super strong, or they were really good.

didn’t consider this. Very nice!

Eh I’ve seen people contribute less hahah people disconnecting right at start etc.

Question: did Survivors vs AI get you XP? I’ve played one match to try to test XP and my game crashed right at the end of match. I don’t wanna waste another match trying to find out.

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

You can sync a game at 0% trophies, just have to sync it to your trophy list before earning anything. Usually just entails starting the game.

If you earned trophies and are holding off on syncing, you can try zero loading it on an alternate account and use that to create a session 

The trophies for this game can’t be synched because the developer hasn’t uploaded them to the server or something.

3 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Question: did Survivors vs AI get you XP? I’ve played one match to try to test XP and my game crashed right at the end of match. I don’t wanna waste another match trying to find out.

Yes but the mode gives reduced XP, so it's not super worth it.

Honestly considering all the XP you need to max your level, it feels to me to only really be worth boosting for wins (if there is a role you really can't win with, for me Demon has been a struggle) and any misc trophies you don't manage to pop on the way.

2 hours ago, Lion_Squid said:

Honestly considering all the XP you need to max your level, it feels to me to only really be worth boosting for wins (if there is a role you really can't win with, for me Demon has been a struggle) and any misc trophies you don't manage to pop on the way.

I'm less interested in playing as Survivors since I'm only playing solo. So boosting some of the survivor stuff is worthwhile just to get it over with a little quicker. But for the most part I agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the new Patch blocks all the Trophys it tryed with a  friend but no one of the Trophys pops more !

Tryed Never leave a friend behind and Back from the dead yesterday it works for him and now i tryed for me with new Patch and nothing unlocks...

Edited by Verkardor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Verkardor said:

It looks like the new Patch blocks all the Trophys it tryed with a  friend but no one of the Trophys pops more !

Tryed Never leave a friend behind and Back from the dead yesterday it works for him and now i tryed for me with new Patch and nothing unlocks...

I can confirm this, I played with my friends a couple of times in private matches and they got a lot of trophies before the patch, but since the update it doesn't work anymore.

I don't know if this was a mistake or if the developers changed this intentionally.

• Like 2