Saved data help

A while ago I had a power cut and lost my save on the mass effect legendary edition, luckily it was saved on the cloud and I've redownloaded it back to the console storage but it doesn't do anything, when I start the game It just says start a new game. I had completed mass effect 1 and made my way a little bit through 2 using the same character and I was wondering if anybody had a fix?

The saved data is there and It even says saved data on it, It's on the console storage, cloud storage and even a USB drive but nothing changes when I redownload it to the console storage. I've deleted the application multiple times and still nothing. If anybody has a fix that would be great.

Played on my ps5 through backwards compat btw.

Edited by DannPS

Would be best if you had posted this into Mass Effect Legendary Edition board instead of PS5 board. Simply because PS4 games on PS5 behave the same then on PS4 if they have no PS5 patch.

1) Legendary Edition of Mass Effect has savegames for every game, maybe also a profile savegame for overall progress in the game and savegames for every Shepard you play.

2) Also afaik the trilogy trophy pack has an own savegame for tracking romances and such for all playthroughs in all games.

.. So: What was in the backup and what was restored?

2 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Would be best if you had posted this into Mass Effect Legendary Edition board instead of PS5 board. Simply because PS4 games on PS5 behave the same then on PS4 if they have no PS5 patch.

1) Legendary Edition of Mass Effect has savegames for every game, maybe also a profile savegame for overall progress in the game and savegames for every Shepard you play.

2) Also afaik the trilogy trophy pack has an own savegame for tracking romances and such for all playthroughs in all games.

.. So: What was in the backup and what was restored?

I have four saves

Mass effect 2 - Trilogy Gamer Profile 

Mass effect 2 - Gamer Profile

Mass effect - Gamer Profile 

and then a trilogy saved data 

All of them are in my console storage and all of them have been restored but mass effect 1 and 2 still say start a new game and create a new shepard 

For each of the 3 games you should have:

1) Some Savedata with title Save-00XX for each game with the games logo

2) Launcher Profile

3) Auto Save

4) Gamer Profile

5) Chapter Save (got this for ME2 and ME3 only)

6) Saved Data with ME:LE Logo 

7) Quick Save (when used)

8) Trilogy Gamer Profile with ME3 Logo

9) Local Profile with ME3 Logo

Looks like that you or your console never backuped your character savegames or you did not restore them.