So I guess Bittergems just don't exist?

They’re incredibly rare but they do exist, it’s just pure rng. I found one today in a Haz 4 Dreadnought mission, and 2 yesterday while farming XP. I’ve had super dry spells, but other times where I find several in the course of a week like that.

I’m not sure if there’s an ideal way to farm them, but when I was working on the Bosco trophy I was running Haz 1/Length 1/Complexity 1 mining missions on Crystal Caves in about 10-12 mins per run. During the course of about 30 of those I found a handful of bitter gems and alien cubes, so maybe you could try your luck at those? Mineral Mania is always a good bet too, it increases the chance of rare minerals.

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

They’re incredibly rare but they do exist, it’s just pure rng. I found one today in a Haz 4 Dreadnought mission, and 2 yesterday while farming XP. I’ve had super dry spells, but other times where I find several in the course of a week like that.

I’m not sure if there’s an ideal way to farm them, but when I was working on the Bosco trophy I was running Haz 1/Length 1/Complexity 1 mining missions on Crystal Caves in about 10-12 mins per run. During the course of about 30 of those I found a handful of bitter gems and alien cubes, so maybe you could try your luck at those? Mineral Mania is always a good bet too, it increases the chance of rare minerals.

Appreciate the insight. I think I'll play naturally until its likely my last trophy and then try to do quick runs looking for them on mineral mania. I am having an insanely bad luck 130+ mission dry spell  without seeing one right now.

5 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Appreciate the insight. I think I'll play naturally until its likely my last trophy and then try to do quick runs looking for them on mineral mania. I am having an insanely bad luck 130+ mission dry spell  without seeing one right now.

I can add you to my boosting group if you’d like. We come across them occasionally and many of us have the Jeweller trophy already, so people usually call them out in chat so someone can hop in and get credit for the deposit.

Been on a hot streak on my last 40 missions in season 2 with 3 bittergems and 1 errorcube so they are definitely out there. Would recommend to choose ice or sand biome and short missions as you can do quick runs and still have good chances to spot gems. Other then that cross your fingers.

Rock and stone forever!

Edited by pikaopas

Actually, just keep playing normally. Most of the time you should get it done before promoting entire team to gold rank. 

When I focus for bitter gem in every mission, I thought they are pain to find but when I didn’t focus, it come quite regularly. In SS2 I even found one lying in front of when the mission start. 

I got it quite long ago and help my 2 friends getting every piece of bitter gem and they don’t  even know what’s bitter gem looks like. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 11:51 PM, avatary1985 said:

Actually, just keep playing normally. Most of the time you should get it done before promoting entire team to gold rank. 

When I focus for bitter gem in every mission, I thought they are pain to find but when I didn’t focus, it come quite regularly. In SS2 I even found one lying in front of when the mission start. 

I got it quite long ago and help my 2 friends getting every piece of bitter gem and they don’t  even know what’s bitter gem looks like. 

My tracker stopped updating on my bittergems. Was in a game from the beginning and a teammate collected one and the tracker didn't update. Still 5/10. 

23 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

My tracker stopped updating on my bittergems. Was in a game from the beginning and a teammate collected one and the tracker didn't update. Still 5/10. 

Tracking works but the counter is broken in this game and only updates after you earned another trophy. 

Edit: you recently earned Lego Marvel trophies and your bittergem tracker now shows 6/10 bittergems. 

Quod erat demonstrandum

Edited by Messknecht

50 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

Tracking works but the counter is broken in this game and only updates after you earned another trophy. 

Edit: you recently earned Lego Marvel trophies and your bittergem tracker now shows 6/10 bittergems. 

Quod erat demonstrandum

I tested this within the same DRG session after seeing that when my team mate deposited a gem it didn't update for me. 

What I did was go into solo and grinded quick point extractions and found a bittergem and deposited it. Tracker went up by one as soon as I deposited. It's not an issue with earning another trophy it's an issue with team mates depositing. Not sure if this was intentional after the last update but it's definitely only tracking if you collect one yourself.

On 03/06/2022 at 8:43 AM, psycho_clank314 said:

Not sure about latest patch broke the counter again. Me and my friends got this before SS2 patch that broke trophies on PS4. 

my Alien cube counter was broken before and after they fixed and release a patch, I need to get 2 alien cubes before counter increase by 1 then after 100 missions I got another cube which grant me trophy. After that the cube comes really regularly and bring 2 friends got trophies as well.