Mod grinding with 2 Vitas

I accidentally stumbled across a bug with the game that lets you host multiplayer matches without AI, but you still get the full xp amount if you win. It allows you to semi-afk 1150xp on expert very 1m 30s with load screens just by pressing start every so often. This works because starting a match when the host has migrated bugs out AI, for some reason.

1. Have the vita that isn’t your main host an ad-hoc match, then join it with your main and start the match. Once in, quit the match with the vita that hosted. It will kick out the main by itself.

2. Your main will now be host because it stayed in the match. Press L for options and change it to “Battle Race” on the first map, and on expert. 

3. Change the configuration settings on the alt Vita so that holding x will accelerate. Find something to rest on the x button and rubber band the left analog in the top-right direction. This will allow it to quickly fall off of the map 3 times for a quick win. With your main you’ll have to choose character each time since it doesn’t save the previous pick.

That’s all. This should work on the PS3 as well, but 2nd, 3rd and 4th will get slightly less xp. With PS3 you can fully afk it I assume since you can use a turbo for the pause button. This is still a lot more appealing to me as I can watch things without paying much attention to it, so pick your poison. The best active way is the first Sanctuary ring race on expert I believe. 2700xp in 1m 30s is quite hard to beat.

Edited by Darkette
Removed a method that wouldn’t work upon revising it.
  • Like 4