Any top 100's have 2nd go at Online Challenge

DaivRules

Subject asks it all.

Has anyone broke the Top 100 in an Online Challenge and still gone back to do another?

It's my last trophy and I'm in 125th place with ~8500 points/hour and 5 days left. Seems like I'm making good progress right now, but I'd really hate to miss the Top 100 because people who already got the trophy beat me (again). There really needs to be more of these Online Challenges for more people to have a chance..

Unless, of course, the developers don't give a rip, which may be quite likely.

This is something that really annoyed me about the game. It took me 4 attempts to get this because I found that almost 50% of the people in the top 100 already had the trophy and had placed in the top 100 multiple times. They really need a separate leaderboard for those who already have it just so that others actually stand a chance, and on top of that some months there wouldn't even be a challenge posted making it even harder.

Subject asks it all.

Has anyone broke the Top 100 in an Online Challenge and still gone back to do another?

It's my last trophy and I'm in 125th place with ~8500 points/hour and 5 days left. Seems like I'm making good progress right now, but I'd really hate to miss the Top 100 because people who already got the trophy beat me (again). There really needs to be more of these Online Challenges for more people to have a chance..

Unless, of course, the developers don't give a rip, which may be quite likely.

I don't think you'll make it with 8.5k/hour... I'm collecting drypats and I currently have enough to get 14k/hour

I don't think you'll make it with 8.5k/hour... I'm collecting drypats and I currently have enough to get 14k/hour

Okay, so from what I gather, the best method for placing Top 100 in an online challenge seems to be buy a crapload of tokens for Plat creatures, throw in plants and place the tokens as you can. Is there any other real strategy I'm missing?

This is my 2nd attempt at the online challenge and I definitively recognized A LOT of user names in the top 50, those are people that already 100%ed the game and still keep playing, reducing the chance to other players to get to the top 100. Currently I'am at 250 with 4K points/hour, so its impossible to me to get this trophy again. I really don't understand why they keep playing, once I manage to 100% this I see no reason to keep playing, there is nothing else to do after.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the current online challenge at about 50th and on track to finish top 100, then I'm done with this game. Judging from the fact the top 5 players in the Tournament all have 100%'s, I'm gonna guess a significant amount of the top 100 are players just trying to rank higher than their last finish. Good for them! Bad for many people who have no shot. Come on StormBASIC! Be a little more fair!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its sort of a win/lose scenario for the lot of us. On one side less people are playing this by now. On the other side those that stuck with it have massive advantage compared to us that just recently started if they choose to continue playing. I'm gonna give it a few tries before letting it go if the hardcore oldies keep putting in 30k+ an hour into it. I just want my goddam trophy then to hell with all other leaderboards imo :) Would be much appreciated if any around the top100 could state how much they were getting an hour last try so I can plan ahead and see what my aim should be. I hope it's not around the 10k area, i don't have any fancy fkinlars to bring in, just some random bronze/silver/gold/plat creatures :(

• 3 weeks later...

i got top 5 on my first attempt and i even started a day late.

Deleted the game afterthat. I could have kept going on every month to keep the trophy rare but i have better things to do lol.

The key is simply going all-in.

buy lots of platinum creatures(preferably the dragon type that gives most points,i dont remember all the names) i had like 10-20 red ones and 10-20 blue ones

and place every possible bonus to increase points income and get that ecosystem bonus as high as possible

• 8 months later...