Survivor advice

46 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Guys, thanks for all the advice yesterday had a much more productive day coming out with double the amount of bloodpoints - I’m not sure what amount is good, but it’s better than I was getting. I’m still completely rubbish but managed to knock off 4/5 of the survivor trophies in the last day. 

The main ones left will be prestige (what gets me the most bloodpoints?)

and these stupid hex totems (any advice welcome)

For hex totems there is a perk called Small Game that any survivor can get. I would use that perk and look for totems. But the killer must bring hex perks otherwise all totems will be dull totems. Alternatively you can use a map with a addon called Red Twine (yellow) to find totems really easy. 

What gives you the most blood points would be using blood points offerings and David’s perk Were Gonna Live Forever. But to get the most points without any of that I have some advice. 

Objective: Coop working on gens will get you double the points compared to working on a gen alone. Dwights perk Prove Thyself doubles coop points when doing gens. A lot of survivors prefer to work on gens alone for the sole reason it is more effective. Having 4 survivors working on 4 different gens increases chances of survival compared to having 4 survivors on the same gen. 

Altruism: Safely unhooking will give you 1000 + 500 more points after 8 seconds. Also healing others gives you a decent amount and coop healing a srivivor with another survivor gives more. 

Boldness: Beeing chased and escaping will give BP based on how long you were chased. Pallet stuns gives you 1000 points per stun. But what you might find easiest is to do dull totems for 1000 per totem. 1500 for hex totems. But doing dull totems is a waste of time and will make it harder to escape. Plus a lot of survivors use Boon totems and if you break all dull totems they can’t use those perks at all and boon totems are very strong and can give everyone in the team self care for example. Btw blessing a totems with a boon gives 1500 points and can be done several times per trial. Probably the easiest way to get boldness without screwing your team over while breaking all dull totems ?

Survival. This category is the hardest to get points in. Surviving gives you the most, 5000 points. But there are a lot of things that give small amounts of BP, such ass breaking different killers traps, self caring, hitting great skill checks with certain addons when using a medkit.  Perks like Decisive Strike (Laurie Strode) and Deliverance (Adam Francis) both give 1500 points when you use them.

There is no amount considered good at the end of the game. I have games where I escape with 10-12k and games where I die with 25-32k and vice versa. It all depends on how long the game was and if you managed to do something to get points in every category. Considering that 8000 is the max you can get in each category it’s a good idea to try and focus on something else when you are close to maxing one category out. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Thanks for the awesome advice again ☺️ I’ve been coming out with 20-25k each time now as opposed to 5-10k yesterday. 

Thankyou so much for being so informative. It’s much easier just coming to this thread for the perks etc I need rather than googling them each time. I’ve really enjoyed this game and plan on 100% it. I may even restart the PS4 version to do it all over again. 

I feel like I stand a better chance in matches now Thankyou. Still LOTS of room for improvement though ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonkie18 said:

Thanks for the awesome advice again ☺️ I’ve been coming out with 20-25k each time now as opposed to 5-10k yesterday. 

Thankyou so much for being so informative. It’s much easier just coming to this thread for the perks etc I need rather than googling them each time. I’ve really enjoyed this game and plan on 100% it. I may even restart the PS4 version to do it all over again. 

I feel like I stand a better chance in matches now Thankyou. Still LOTS of room for improvement though ?

Np my pleasure to help! It’s always nice to see new people pick this games up considering the game is 6 years old soon. Btw there will be a 6 year anniversary event in June?! July?!? Not sure. Then there will most likely be double or maybe even triple blood point gains for each match. Plus you get BP offerings in the

bloodweb that when used also doubles everyone in the matches BP and all 5 players can use those anniversary cakes to give 5 times more BP. You can get some crazy amount of BP then. Most you can get is 32k * 7 if everyone use offering and you use the right perks while maxing each category. 224k points per match doesn’t  sound bad right? ?

Just so you know even I after roughly 1500 hours in total I’m still improving daily when i play, there is so much to learn in this game especially considering we get new content every 3 months. Going from 5-10k to 20k+ is amazingly done. Keep it up! ?? 

• Like 1

Thanks ☺️ I can’t believe I’ve missed out on this game for so long. I shouldn’t have let the trophy guides etc put me off.. they made it sound really difficult to platinum and it would take forever… but I’ve only played it 1-2 weeks and I’ve got most trophies now. 

Feel like I can relax and enjoy it now while I grind sacrifices and privilege.

Im looking forward to getting the packs when they’re on sale - I’ve seen them so many times and been really tempted to buy. I will now I like it ☺️

• Like 1

Well this key business is giving me some serious jip!

ive lost 2 ultra rare keys now and the black wards and other add ons. I can never find the hatch in time. And if I do the killer hasn’t closed it. I can see this being the trophy that stops me platinuming. 

I haven’t come across any friendly killers recently - even when I’ve been mad gesturing to them to break generators for me etc ? I just get killed. God I wish you could message the killer beforehand!

6 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

ive lost 2 ultra rare keys now and the black wards and other add ons. I can never find the hatch in time. And if I do the killer hasn’t closed it. I can see this being the trophy that stops me platinuming. 

I haven’t come across any friendly killers recently - even when I’ve been mad gesturing to them to break generators for me etc ? I just get killed. God I wish you could message the killer beforehand!

There’s is a perk called Plunderers Instinct. It’s a default perk any survivor can get in the blood web. Opening chests there is a fairly high chance you’ll get a key. Other than that you can use Bill and equip his perk called Left Behind. Iirc Bill is a free survivor, at least he was when I started playing. The perk shows the aura of the hatch when you are close but you have to be the final survivor alive for it to work. 

Best thing you can do is to play the entire game stealthily and wait for you teammates to die. After that remain I stealth mode and wait for the killer to close the hatch, because after he closed the hatch he will start patrolling exit gates. Remember that it takes about 2-3 seconds to open the hatch. You won’t be the best teammate that trial but you have a higher chance of getting the trophy. When playing stealthily you need to move for a few yards every now and then otherwise you’ll get afk crows above your head making you a lot easier to spot. 

Alternatively you could play with a friend that can drop you a key and then run to the killer and die. If I could send you some keys I would. I have probably 300+ red and purple keys. 

Edited by Quink666

11 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

This is difficult but do-able solo. Like everything else, much easier with partners on mic but if you can't get those, here's what to do.

There is a brown (common) offering you can buy in the bloodweb called Annotated Blueprint. This will massively increase the chance of spawning the hatch at the killer shack. If you get an indoor map for your match then forget about it because there is no killer shack on indoor maps. Anything else, you're good. The killer shack is a small building with one open window, two doors and one pallet on one door. It will be on every outdoor map. Once you've found it, you'll know exactly where the hatch is going to spawn, whether you run the Left Behind perk or not. More importantly, so does the killer, as everybody sees which offerings are burnt at the start of the match.

Now all you need to do is reach the endgame with your key and hide in or near the shack. The hatch will only spawn if you're the last survivor so you need to wait for everybody else to leave the trial. If the killer is halfway competent, they should come looking for you at the shack as they already know that's where the hatch will have spawned. They'll close it and most likely wander back to the exit gate once they see you're not there. Take this as your opportunity to rush in and open the hatch with your key.

It can be frustrating to wait for everything to fall into place, I know, especially if you're losing keys to matches you don't even get to the endgame in, but stick with it. Keep us posted. I'll start playing again when the new chapter releases in a couple of weeks or so. If you still haven't got it by then, I'll jump into a match with you and help you out if you like.

Edited by LC-Fraggers

Guys I found some friends ? and they helped me get the hatch ☺️ But getting a match with the killer was hard work. 

I think I managed to get all the adept killers cause I was a newb and probably put with newb players? I think I’m gonna struggle getting the DLC adepts when there’s a sale and I buy them as my rank will be higher ? or my 1000 hours I ranked on playing Friday legit has paid off and I’m just an awesome killer now ??‍♀️ Think I want to believe the latter ?

Up for some games when the new chapter comes out. I’ll probably be here still trying to 100% 

Hoping to plat in the next week just need prestige and sacrifices now ☺️

thanks for all the help again 

• Like 1

Oh actually I might ask your advice on something else.

there are 2 packs, a survivor pack and a killer pack for £19.99 they’re on offer at the moment. I’m waiting for the DLC chapters to go on sale. I’m wondering are these worth it? The chapters say you get a killer, survivor and map. But these packs you just get killers/survivors. Just wondering if getting those would save me some ££££

and then I can pick up the other remaining DLC’s. But maybe they’re missing items from those big packs? I don’t know. If you know please let me know. Because I know nothing. Know know know know. 

☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

Guys I found some friends ? and they helped me get the hatch ☺️ But getting a match with the killer was hard work. 

I think I managed to get all the adept killers cause I was a newb and probably put with newb players? I think I’m gonna struggle getting the DLC adepts when there’s a sale and I buy them as my rank will be higher ? or my 1000 hours I ranked on playing Friday legit has paid off and I’m just an awesome killer now ??‍♀️ Think I want to believe the latter ?

No need to worry about that. When you're playing as killer, your matchmaking rank is individual for each separate killer. If you're an expert with Trapper, you'll play with top tier survivors. If you've never played Sadako before, you'll get low rank survivors. If you know the basics of killer- which you do- you'll easily grab new killer adepts within a few matches. ?

32 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Oh actually I might ask your advice on something else.

there are 2 packs, a survivor pack and a killer pack for £19.99 they’re on offer at the moment. I’m waiting for the DLC chapters to go on sale. I’m wondering are these worth it? The chapters say you get a killer, survivor and map. But these packs you just get killers/survivors. Just wondering if getting those would save me some ££££

and then I can pick up the other remaining DLC’s. But maybe they’re missing items from those big packs? I don’t know. If you know please let me know. Because I know nothing. Know know know know. 

They're absolutely worth it seeing as you have no DLC already but yes, they'll always be missing stuff- namely the licensed packs (Leatherface, Myers, Nemesis, Pinhead, etc) as they're not allowed to bundle those into anything.

7 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

The chapters say you get a killer, survivor and map

All maps are free no matter if you own the DLC. It’s a good pack and it will get you everything up to the All Kill chapter minus the licenced killers. I tend to buy all non licensed killers/survivors with shards and only

pay for licensed ones. If you play enough to save 18k shards each DLC you get them for free. If you are buying killers survivors one by one, like the newer DLC’s newer buy them with auric cells but buy them in the PS store. Instead of paying 5 bucks a pop you’ll get both the killer and survivor for 8ish bucks (rough estimate since I don’t use dollars/euro). You’ll save quite a bit of money that way. 

Hey thanks for this I was wondering what those cell things were I have 13,000? How do I get more?

I’ll pick those packs up before they go off sale it makes it around £2 a killer and survivor. But still need to buy the licensed ones when they come on offer. Just working my way through the DLC now. I only need sacrifices and prestige for platinum now ☺️ Thanks for all your help again guys.

If I buy all of these can I play them on the PS4 version too? My dead by daylight stint has been pretty quick so wouldn’t mind doing that version as well. But don’t really fancy spending £100 nearly twice. ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Hey thanks for this I was wondering what those cell things were I have 13,000? How do I get more?

I’ll pick those packs up before they go off sale it makes it around £2 a killer and survivor. But still need to buy the licensed ones when they come on offer. Just working my way through the DLC now. I only need sacrifices and prestige for platinum now ☺️ Thanks for all your help again guys.

If I buy all of these can I play them on the PS4 version too? My dead by daylight stint has been pretty quick so wouldn’t mind doing that version as well. But don’t really fancy spending £100 nearly twice. ?

You get Iridescent Shards (the purpley-red ones) and Auric Cells (golden yellow). Auric Cells are the in-game currency that you have to buy with real cash (or unlock in the rift but you have to buy into that with real cash too so you're not making anything there). Iridescent Shards you get every time you go up a player level. Player level is next to your rank in top right corner of the survivor/killer loadout screens. If you hover over it, it'll tell you how much XP you need to get to the next level. As you go up in level, it takes longer to get a shard payout but when you do, you'll get more of them. You usually get them a ton faster playing killer as you're in the match longer and that's the primary factor in how much XP you get per match.

And yeah, DLC transfers over but not progress annoyingly. Not from PS5 > PS4 anyway. If you do everything on PS4, you seem to be able to autopop or near autopop a ton of the trophies on PS5. Kinda wish I'd known that starting out. ?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 2:50 AM, LC-Fraggers said:

No need to worry about that. When you're playing as killer, your matchmaking rank is individual for each separate killer. If you're an expert with Trapper, you'll play with top tier survivors. If you've never played Sadako before, you'll get low rank survivors. If you know the basics of killer- which you do- you'll easily grab new killer adepts within a few matches. 1f44d.png

They're absolutely worth it seeing as you have no DLC already but yes, they'll always be missing stuff- namely the licensed packs (Leatherface, Myers, Nemesis, Pinhead, etc) as they're not allowed to bundle those into anything.

I think all "rankings" reset every month on the 13th. If not I'm screwed cause I can get adapt on any of the killers even when I e played what I thought a perfect game no matter what it seems I'm afew points off from getting perfect killer or the kill score to unlock adept except the trapper he weirdly just unlocked after a match when I had nothing but his 3 basic perks I didn't even get a sacrifice that game

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I think all "rankings" reset every month on the 13th. If not I'm screwed cause I can get adapt on any of the killers even when I e played what I thought a perfect game no matter what it seems I'm afew points off from getting perfect killer or the kill score to unlock adept except the trapper he weirdly just unlocked after a match when I had nothing but his 3 basic perks I didn't even get a sacrifice that game

Just in case you don't know, every killer's adept can only be done using their three basic perks. You can't add a fourth. You can bring whichever add-ons you'd like though.

Your survivor/killer ranks reset on the 13th, yes, but your MMR rank is hidden and separate to those. However, waiting until the 13th can help you if you're having trouble with killer adepts. At higher ranks, you need to earn all iridescent rank emblems in a match to get the adept. If you wait until you're back at 20 when the rank reset happens, you can squeak by with only two iridescents and a couple of golds or even three iridescents and a silver. Adept pops when you get awarded "Merciless Killer" post-match and the requirements for that get tougher the more you rank up.

11 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

If I buy all of these can I play them on the PS4 version too? 

You can indeed. All killers/survivors are yours to

keep no matter what version you are playing. Only thing that bugs out for me when switching between PS5/4 is that sometimes all my bought  cosmetics and cosmetics earned in the rift disappear, but there’s an easy fix. You just visit the in game store and you should have them unlocked again. 

Unfortunately this is only for PlayStation systems. But they have talked about cross progression and hopefully in the future we will be able to make the jump to PC and keep everything. 

The only trophies that popped for me when I went from PS4 to PS5 was the 4 trophies tied to prestige levels. Prestige 1-3 and P3 lvl 50. I had to earn all other trophies again which was fine by me since I love this game so much ?

As explained above Auric Cells is the premium currency and Iridescent Shard is the currency you get for each player level. You can buy everything in the store with Auric Cells, even licensed killers/survivors. You can buy non licensed content with the shards making them totally free. They are kinda expensive though, coming in at 9k a pop. But I always save up before each DLC so I get them for free. The next DLC will be original meaning you can spend your hard earned shards to get both the killer and survivor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LC-Fraggers said:

Just in case you don't know, every killer's adept can only be done using their three basic perks. You can't add a fourth. You can bring whichever add-ons you'd like though.

Your survivor/killer ranks reset on the 13th, yes, but your MMR rank is hidden and separate to those. However, waiting until the 13th can help you if you're having trouble with killer adepts. At higher ranks, you need to earn all iridescent rank emblems in a match to get the adept. If you wait until you're back at 20 when the rank reset happens, you can squeak by with only two iridescents and a couple of golds or even three iridescents and a silver. Adept pops when you get awarded "Merciless Killer" post-match and the requirements for that get tougher the more you rank up.

Like I said Ive has afew instances where I really should have had merciless cause there wasn't much more I could have done towards it but nope on average no matter what i do it's just brutal killer and I'm usually afew points off of perfect killer usually sacrifice points but I can only hook everyone 3 times and that just doesn't seem to cut it even when I have random survivors actively letting me do my thing

I got all my adept killers hooking them 3 times and I had to break generators/pallets/chase/slash them a lot. I thought I had adept clown yesterday but it didn’t give it me because this one guy managed to escape off the second hook! Very annoying. I’m playing to get sacrifices and if the new adept killers I’ve bought pop great, if not I’ll wait til the 13th hopefully have more luck then.

I bought Mikaela with shards yesterday to hopefully get her blessing trophy. Hopefully I can save up enough for the new dlc ☺️

One thing I can never find is the bloody hatch! As a killer or as a survivor. And my last survivor can always escape. I can hear it but I can never find it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

One thing I can never find is the bloody hatch! As a killer or as a survivor. And my last survivor can always escape. I can hear it but I can never find it. 

The first rule of the hatch spawn is it can only spawn on the bottom floor. There are one exception to this and it’s on RPD (the resident evil map) where the hatch can spawn on any of the 3 levels. Hatch can never spawn in the basement for example, only ground floors. I tend to check shack even if there’s no offering for hatch spawns. But other than that it’s somewhat of a guessing game. Sometimes you’ll find it first sometimes the survivor will. Just be glad they nerfed hatch and keys into oblivion. 

Hatch used to spawn when you had done one more generator than there are survivors alive. Meaning if you had 3 survivors alive and they had done 4 generators they could all use a key to escape through the hatch. 

Oh I’m glad they got rid of that I’d have no hope! Well I’ve managed to get a good 50-60 sacrifices today towards the trophy. Got adept clown in the end but got lots of hate from players.. I now understand people when they say some of the DBD community is toxic! 

Ive managed to find the hatch a couple of times today which has been good I now kind of know where to look first. I have bad hearing so I can’t rely on that for the hatch or the heartbeat ? which really puts me at a disadvantage ?

Im on to the Spirit now. I really thought I had it. Sacrificed 4 but no dice. Have to try again. 

My first time playing as spirit, I sacrificed 3 and the last guy escaped through the hatch. He then messaged me all ‘get good’ etc. I wanted to chin him. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Got adept clown in the end but got lots of hate from players.. I now understand people when they say some of the DBD community is toxic! 

In my experience the toxicity kinda goes away when you hit higher MMR. Might be because there are fewer console players or it

might have to do with that people starts understanding that all perks and strategies including camping is a viable startegy. Not fun getting camped and tunnelled but tunnelling one survivor out of the game and thus making it a 3 vs 1 early on increases your chances of success tremendously. 

Whenever I get a crybaby messaging me about whatever it might be that he didn’t like I usually respond as politely as I can. Most of the time they start agreeing with me and even apologise ? For the really heinous messages I suggest you simply report them. Or make it so that only friends can message you. I kinda like to talk to people and try to make them understand that not everyone will follow their rules when playing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Im on to the Spirit now. I really thought I had it. Sacrificed 4 but no dice. Have to try again. 

My first time playing as spirit, I sacrificed 3 and the last guy escaped through the hatch. He then messaged me all ‘get good’ etc. I wanted to chin him. 

This game has the absolute best hatemail, no contest. ?

When I got the trophy for killing all four survivors with Myers, one of them messaged me going "Get good". Like, bro, I killed you, wtf. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LC-Fraggers said:

This game has the absolute best hatemail, no contest. 1f602.png

When I got the trophy for killing all four survivors with Myers, one of them messaged me going "Get good". Like, bro, I killed you, wtf. 1f602.png

Ofc you got hatemail, you have to follow the survivor rule book! =D Or the killer rule book depending on what you are playing. I mostly get toxic messages from killers even though i never teabag or play "toxic". But if you run someone for 3-4 gens that apparently is toxic. Whenever i get a good run in i usually end up getting facecamped and smacked on the hook =>

8 hours ago, LC-Fraggers said:

This game has the absolute best hatemail, no contest. 1f602.png

When I got the trophy for killing all four survivors with Myers, one of them messaged me going "Get good". Like, bro, I killed you, wtf. 1f602.png

I know I really struggle with the people who give dumb insults that don’t make sense. Even worse are the teabaggers who aren’t even good players - they wind me up the most. Especially when they stop to teabag and then get hit - then I want to be the one sending a message not so cocky now are you!

Yeah I was accused of camping once in the beginning and then when I played as survivor I realised how annoying it was. And also realised if I camp then generators are done, they’ll collect their mate and get off ? 

now I only camp in desperation - if there’s a match I’ve not had one sacrifice and the exit gates are open.. I’m getting bloody one of ya ? not got time for wasted matches I want my shiny platinum ?

In all fairness so far I’ve had more positive messages from players than negative. I only get messages if I play killer and most of them have been ‘gg’ .. even when I’ve killed them all. It’s nice to see not everyone is a sore loser! but now I may have crossed over to the dark side will see what today brings ?

only 198 more sacrifices to go ?

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 0:28 AM, Quink666 said:

Ofc you got hatemail, you have to follow the survivor rule book! =D Or the killer rule book depending on what you are playing. I mostly get toxic messages from killers even though i never teabag or play "toxic". But if you run someone for 3-4 gens that apparently is toxic. Whenever i get a good run in i usually end up getting facecamped and smacked on the hook =>

On 23/05/2022 at 8:05 AM, tonkie18 said:

I know I really struggle with the people who give dumb insults that don’t make sense. Even worse are the teabaggers who aren’t even good players - they wind me up the most. Especially when they stop to teabag and then get hit - then I want to be the one sending a message not so cocky now are you!

To be fair, I've only ever gotten a couple of toxic messages from killers. Most of them have just told me I played well and left it at that. Survivors though... jeeeeeesus. ?

I play nice most of the time too. No camping, no tunnelling, if I accidentally slug someone straight off hook then I'll leave them to get picked up, etc. They still find a reason to whinge. One of them was upset when I was playing Plague because I kept "patrolling the gens". That is literally my job, dude. That is what I have to do. Do these people skip over the tutorial or something?