New PS+ Service Game List Announced

DEI2EK

33 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Their upper-tier subscription feels like something I'll turn on for a month or so, before ditching it (and that assumes that PS1/PSP games have trophies).

All in all, it's pretty underwhelming to me, though my interest was in legacy games, and not PS4/PS5 games.

Legacy titles are pretty much the most common reason we're all trying this out, if the ps1 ps2 and psp games aren't up to snuff, it's not a good sign for this service

This is very good in my opinion.  Once they get rid of the Streaming ONLY of PS3 titles to a more native experience, then I don't know how anyone could complain... IF ACTUALLY UTILIZED.

Meaning playing and beating the games.  Not just subscribing for the sake of subscribing

Edited by NxtDoc
Correction

I'm happy to be able to play Spiderman and AC Valhalla soon but this list of games included is very underwhelming by the amount of games shown. Most stuff is available already on PS NOW and i think they should show more new games as those others will continue to be played through the new sub system

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Their upper-tier subscription feels like something I'll turn on for a month or so, before ditching it

I think it has been established that this it not possible on a long term plan. You can upgrade your tier for the remainder of the subscription period, but it is no longer possible to upgrade for an arbitrary amount of time, as it was when you could subscribe to PSNow independently. So either you pay the monthly rate for PS+ Essential to be flexible, or you have to commit to the upper tier for a year.

10 minutes ago, Zvetiki said:

I think it has been established that this it not possible on a long term plan. You can upgrade your tier for the remainder of the subscription period, but it is no longer possible to upgrade for an arbitrary amount of time, as it was when you could subscribe to PSNow independently. So either you pay the monthly rate for PS+ Essential to be flexible, or you have to commit to the upper tier for a year.

I see. I guess I’ll let ps+ lapse, then, and wait for a monthly discount to pick it up again. Better get to platting stuff!

49 minutes ago, Zvetiki said:

I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, but I don't doubt that's the initial plan since I have very low expectations of Sony engineers being able to handle allowing custom upgrade months mid-subscription to be ready at launch. If it's not their long term plan, it's contradictory to offering a service that practically targets and serves impulsive behavior. 

6 hours ago, lbadplaay said:

Will all of the Final Fantasy games available right now on PS now be lost ???

Nope. Final Fantasy XI is not there and FFXV will still have unobtainable plat.

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

I only skimmed through the article and did not see it mentioned.

How are DLCs handled? For example, Spider-Man has 3 DLCs. If you have to buy those separately, that's pretty bad.

Spider-Man won't have dlcs. They would call it Spider-Man GOTY. Sony has to earn money. 

Interested in 

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West

Guardians Of The Galaxy 

Little Big Planet 3

Puppeteer 

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus

Teraway Unfolded 

Undecided

Bioshock

Horizon Zero Dawn

Lego Harry Potter Collection

Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty (If It Has Trophies) 

Spider-Man

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

I'll wait to see what the rest of the games are before committing. 

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but could this mean that PS1 and PSP games you bought on the PS3/Vita store entitle you to download them for free when they're made available on PS4/PS5?

This is the part that most caught my attention as well ? As someone who owns a mountain of digital PS1 games on my PS3, I sure hope they’re referring to those digital versions of games.

Something tells me trophies don’t play a part since they said you can save state and rewind PS1 games now, however I’ll be plenty happy to know that some of my classics will be playable on newer hardware with no extra costs involved. It sucks for those who have physical collections, but I guess we can’t expect them to be too generous ?

• Like 3

So is everything that was part of PS Now gone? or incl.

8 minutes ago, ShonenCat said:

This is the part that most caught my attention as well 1f635.png As someone who owns a mountain of digital PS1 games on my PS3, I sure hope they’re referring to those digital versions of games.

Something tells me trophies don’t play a part since they said you can save state and rewind PS1 games now, however I’ll be plenty happy to know that some of my classics will be playable on newer hardware with no extra costs involved. It sucks for those who have physical collections, but I guess we can’t expect them to be too generous 1f622.png

I wish they had a Vita library incl. but nope.

14 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty (If It Has Trophies)

It does not 

Good start, better than when Game Pass first started that's for sure. Definitely a great pickup point for those who are coming to PlayStation from another ecosystem. I'll go up to premium once it has more Classic games available. 

• Like 1

Very disappointed that only ps1 and psp games previously purchased will be part of the catalog.

But, on second thought kinda relieved because I wouldn't pay more money (a new subscription) to play the games that I already purchased when (as it looks right now) there's nothing added, like at least trophy support.

This service is good probably for new users.

17 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

I'll pass on that one then.

Into The Nexus does however and is apparently really short.

2 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Very disappointed that only ps1 and psp games previously purchased will be part of the catalog.

But, on second thought kinda relieved because I wouldn't pay more money (a new subscription) to play the games that I already purchased when (as it looks right now) there's nothing added, like at least trophy support.

This service is good probably for new users.

I think that's who they're trying to appeal to first. Kinda funny as my sister in law who's never played a lot of these would benefit from it.... if she didnt have me who buys most of the games and got her a ps5 and can just let her borrow games whenever. 

12 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Good start, better than when Game Pass first started that's for sure. Definitely a great pickup point for those who are coming to PlayStation from another ecosystem. I'll go up to premium once it has more Classic games available. 

Yeah, it'll happen in time I'm sure. I am curious about that ps plus video thing that i think Poland had or something to try out. Maybe it was a bust? lol

• Like 1

The most concerning thing here is what happens to all the current titles on PS Now? Are they all being removed for this pathetic amount of titles? PS Now currently has a ton of great variety, I was hoping that the transition was simply building off what already existed.

I must say I’m pretty underwhelmed by the initial list. I buy most of the games I want when they’re brand new. And I have most of the games on the list. Either through buying them new or a lot were already on ps plus or plus collection. And if I don’t they were games I mostly didn’t care to play anyways. However I never got around to playing directors cuts of Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima so I’m looking forward to those. Things I was hoping to see were Dark Souls 2 and 3, and Sekiro. Because I never played them. I was hoping to see original Spider Man ultimate for PS5 since I didn’t get that version. Only ps4 one, but they don’t even include ps5 version. But hopefully those will come in a later month. 

What I really hope to see addressed is the question of third party games coming to the service on day one. Xbox does deals with third parties to put games on game pass. I know Sony will not put first party games on the service day one cause the quality of the games would deteriorate. But what about third parties? I mean hell they even have MLB the show on game pass, which I don’t care about, but that’s got to be a slap in the face not to even put it on your own service for fans of that game. If they have deals set to come with new third party games then I’m all in. Otherwise it’s just too expensive to cost $100-$120 a year and on top of that expect people to pay $60-$70 for any new game that comes out, which I buy a lot of the big games when they’re brand new. And then also the time frame on games coming to the service. The way it looks as of now, Returnal is the most recent game, to come out on the service and that came out like 13-14 months ago. So I’m hoping the time frame for new releases to be on the service eventually won’t be as long, so I can cut down on costs and not have to decide if I want to wait a year or more to play the next big game. 

Anyways that my long two cents. 

Edited by rockhopper78
  • Like 1

Personally, the list is underwhelming like others have stated, but it's a great list for those who don't buy games a lot or just got a PS5. I'm positive it will get better later on.

The ones I will play at some point. Some new and some played but have not completed *a note to self*

PS4 and PS5 Game Catalog:

Spoiler

• Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
  • Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
  • Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4 (servers closing soon)
  • Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
  • WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
  • The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4 version only
  • Matterfall | Housemarque, PS4
  • MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
  • Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
  • Far Cry 3 Remaster*** | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS5 version
  • For Honor*** | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
  • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
  • Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4 
  • Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole*** | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
  • Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
  • Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
  • LEGO Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4

Edited by Ghost

Very underwhelming, IMO. Most of these games (that I’m interested in) I either already own or want to own, not rent. 

For now I’ll just cross my fingers that if they do add anything interesting (hard to find/classic PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, & PS Vita games, particularly those with newly added trophy support) they’ll also be available to buy, and not just rent through this service. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y