My Name Is Trophy Thoughts 3

Ahh I remember playing the first after hearing about it when people were making a buzz about it and there were plenty on the fence about it.

Flash forward a few years and

Compared to other games of the like, Mayo always has offered significantly more than the others with a lot more humor, art and creativity. There are much worse things you can buy for ten *times* this games price!

Probably gonna grab it and have it in the backlog for after I burn through a bunch of harder difficulty games in my collection.

Its important to find balance!

Edited by Eienshi-Ita
words

4 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

It's the only series I will let pass as an easy platinum that is well deserved. 

"Huzzah, a man of quality!" 

2 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

When I played the first Mayo game my father came in the room and looked like I am crazy or something and he says „ is it allowed to get trophies that easy“ ???

Narrator: It was not an "are you winning son?" moment.

• Like 1

All in all it took me about 45 hours to complete the game. The gameplay becomes a bit repetitive near the end but the story is incredible and comes to a satisfying and emotional conclusion to the trilogy. The graphics are also top notch. Definite game of the year contender.

The GOAT ezpz.

I hope we get remastered versions of the first 2 games for PS5. Would've been nice to see a PS5 version of this one too, but at least there's a stack, which I absolutely will be purchasing. Excited to see what's next from Green Lava Studios. They do ezpz right. 

6 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

The GOAT ezpz.

I hope we get remastered versions of the first 2 games for PS5. Would've been nice to see a PS5 version of this one too, but at least there's a stack, which I absolutely will be purchasing. Excited to see what's next from Green Lava Studios. They do ezpz right. 

Play Birdcakes from them. Actually a decent fun little game.

Giving Mayo The Third regional stacks was a mistake. Not only was it a stupid idea for SIE to implement such rules from when they first launched the trophy system on July 2, 2008 (they’ve failed to address this with the release of the PS5, seeing as PS5 trophy lists act differently to those from past systems) but considering all of Green Lava Studio’s past games didn’t have regional stacks, it would make sense for consistency’s sake for them to continue using only one trophy list per platform but that’s not what’s gonna happen starting with My Name Is Mayo 3.

Of course, I’ve bought both stacks because I’m a total bitch however I do strongly believe the trophy system has been suffering for the past few years the way it has is not only because of games that only cost a dollar and you can unlock the platinum trophy within minutes, but because the very same trophies from the very same game on the very same platform can be unlocked twice or more if you create separate PSN accounts to buy games in countries that aren’t your own.

The present state of the trophy system would be so much better if it weren’t for regional stacking but there is no reason for PlayStation to do anything about this issue so long as it means people will buy the same game twice for more trophies, meaning more money is made from games that have chosen to stack their trophies between regions. This and other actions SIE has been taking (or lack thereof) for years, especially with Jim Ryan as CEO being living proof that they’ve got their eyes on “the green” above all else.

Edited by Dry

8 minutes ago, TurningRedEye said:

Considering all of Green Lava Studio’s past games didn’t have regional stacks, it would make sense for consistency’s sake for them to continue using only one trophy list per platform but that’s not what’s gonna happen starting with My Name Is Mayo 3.

Incorrect. Fenix Furia has 3 regional stacks :P

On 5/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, StygianWolf4 said:

Incorrect. Fenix Furia has 3 regional stacks :P

Looks like I should’ve done more homework before posting.

Just took a quick peep of the trophy guide on this website for the game; 7/10 difficulty and 30 hours minimum to platinum. No wonder I forgot this game existed when writing my previous post, these days nobody’s wanting to play indie games unless they’ve got piss-easy trophies or if the developers are known and reputable due to their past efforts (Drinkbox Studios or whatever other indie games studio comes to mind…) at least according to this website, the largest (third-party) publicly visible PSN account/game/trophy database but the downside is that PSNProfiles is trophy-orientated which explains the bias towards most indie games without a platinum trophy and/or go above a 3/10 difficulty rating.

Edited by Dry