TV show cancellations that bugged you.

RadiantFlamberge

Not long after enjoying Magnum P.I.'s season finale, I learned that it was in fact the series finale. What the hell... this was a good show, and its cancellation was one that made no sense. I think it deserved two more seasons.

Also, I will miss Card Sharks, The Hustler, and Match Game (ABC). It's a shame these got the axe while drivel like The Bachelor(ette) and Survivor (I tried to give it a chance once, got bored to tears, and turned it off) still lives on. There wasn't much wrong with CS. All the producers needed to do was speed the game up. Joel McHale took a little too long to turn the next card after a "Higher" or "Lower" was called. I was afraid MG would end up cancelled because of the Rust fiasco, but I'm sure that wasn't the reason... actually, new episodes weren't shot since 2020.

One of my biggest cancellation letdowns of all time is ABC's dropping Emergence (2019-20) after one season. This sci-fi drama showed some promise and closed its season with a brutal cliffhanger which sadly never saw its resolution. Back in 2015, The Whispers (based on Ray Bradbury's "Zero Hour" but they couldn't call it that because of an earlier ABC show with that name) got stuck with a similar fate.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Biggest one is Deadwood - one of the best shows ever on TV - right up there with Mad Men. It did get a movie years later, but still

It just came to the boil too, very frustrating. The film was okay but didn't offer any closure at all. Just hinted what could have been.

• Like 3

FlashForward. 

It got one season. It was such an interesting premise too, the whole world blacks out and sees a vision of their future. Of course the first season ended on a massive cliffhanger and we never got to see what came of it.

Pretty sure it was made by a lot of the people that were involved with Lost.

• Like 1

I'm going with "Jericho" and the "Expanse" :(. Jericho only lasted 2 seasons, before being canned due to low ratings. Season 2 wasn't anywhere near as good as the first one but it ended on a tense cliffhanger we'll never get to see the resolution of. The Expanse has been cancelled twice now, once by the Sci-Fi channel and once by Amazon. I haven't got Amazon Prime so don't know how Season 6 Ended but it's gonna suck if there's a cliffhanger that won't get resolved in what was supposed to be an 8 season run :(.

I don't remember what it was called but there was another Sci-Fi I used to really like which ran on BBC 2 about 20 years ago, that got cancelled before the first season had finished - which is a shame because it was highly original and really tense :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

going back a ways, but the gameshow Whew, such a cool underrated gameshow thats now getting more love being rerun on Buzzr

in more recent times the animation Bordertown, i thought it was cool even if lasted 1 season