TV show cancellations that bugged you.

RadiantFlamberge

3 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Anybody else watch Carnivàle back in the day? That one still stings. It was so cool & unique.

Yeah - it was ace.

Cancelling anything with Clancy Brown in it should be considered a warcrime!

• Like 2

Couple of lesser known shows that I absolutely loved that got canned.... 

Flash Forward - Only had one season. 

The entire world falls unconscious at the exact same time and everyone sees a vision of their future. Didn't see a vision? Means you're dead in the next 6 months. 

The final episode left it on a cliffhanger with CCTV footage of a baseball stadium with someone walking around while everyone else is unconscious. 

Revolution - Had 3 seasons I think? 

Post apocalyptic setting where all electrical currents of any sort in the world ceases to exist. 

Meaning any and all technology won't function. 

A select few people carry these pendants that seem to create a forcefield of sorts allowing electrical currents to exist within the immediate vicinity of the pendant. 

The last season revealed the reason for the electronic blackout is millions upon millions of microscopic nanobots were mysteriously released in to the world that block any and all electricity. 

One guy seems to be able to telepathically control them though? 

Might have some of the info twisted around... Been years since I watched either of these. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

An old show called Defying Gravity. Cant even remember what happens but I remember being annoyed about it for ages.

That's the one I was trying to remember the name of. The Showrunner had a 7 season story arc planned out and scripts written for seasons 1-3 but it was shitcanned before the first season ended :(.

Roswell (1999). Though it was kinda the showrunners' fault when they regraded the plot line they were building up to, all for the sake of shipping.

Angel Beats! wasn't exactly cancelled but it ended way too soon. Ought to have been at least 30 episodes worth.

I am miffed at the cancellation of these 4 Netflix shows:

Archive 81 - I guess it could be seen as a "planned horror cliffhanger" ending, but so many questions remain...

Daybreak - Also could be seen as a proper ending, but I really liked the writing, style, and humor of the show

I Am Not Okay With This - Another cliffhanger finale. Was a fun little show too.

The Society - This one hurt as it was renewed, THEN cancelled. And... NOTHING was explained? :(

And yes, Carnivale was great...

Edited by visighost
  • Like 2

Still annoyed about Dark Angel (Jessica Alba, my first crush, lol), and how they ended Buffy.

More recently though, every fucking show on Netflix. Their commitment to even popular shows is horrendous due to their desire to constantly attract new subscribers with “the next big thing” (rather than keeping existing subscribers happy).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

4 hours ago, KMan34 said:

Utopia on Channel 4 in the UK. It was visually stunning, had a great score and the story itself was intriguing. Still can’t believe it got cancelled.

This show was amazing! And it's so under the radar too. I never see anyone else bring it up in conversation, so kudos to you. It's a shame we never got a third season, although the story wrapped up quite nicely. I haven't gotten around to the American remake on Prime Video, because frankly it looks like absolute dogshit. Would much prefer a third season of the original show. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Couple of lesser known shows that I absolutely loved that got canned.... 

Flash Forward - Only had one season. 

The entire world falls unconscious at the exact same time and everyone sees a vision of their future. Didn't see a vision? Means you're dead in the next 6 months. 

The final episode left it on a cliffhanger with CCTV footage of a baseball stadium with someone walking around while everyone else is unconscious. 

Revolution - Had 3 seasons I think? 

Post apocalyptic setting where all electrical currents of any sort in the world ceases to exist. 

Meaning any and all technology won't function. 

A select few people carry these pendants that seem to create a forcefield of sorts allowing electrical currents to exist within the immediate vicinity of the pendant. 

The last season revealed the reason for the electronic blackout is millions upon millions of microscopic nanobots were mysteriously released in to the world that block any and all electricity. 

One guy seems to be able to telepathically control them though? 

Might have some of the info twisted around... Been years since I watched either of these. 

I really liked the premise of both of these shows but couldn’t get through the first season.  Maybe because it was network TV and I am more used to grittier, more compelling HBO-type programming but the whole time I was watching I was thinking these series were kind of shallow and would be so much better if they were produced by HBO.

Thinking back, I remember when “Reunion” with Dave Annable was cancelled just before completing the initial season, so we were left with an open mystery.  Every episode reflected a different year in their lives; it had me hooked.

There are a lot of shows I loved (Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Homeland, etc) but most sort of ran their course instead of being cancelled per se.

Enterprise was kind of a mess but I would have loved more of it. More recently, Future Man and the Tick were some of my favorite comedies but both got cancelled after only a few seasons. Future Man at least got to wrap itself up more or less, but the Tick ended on a cliffhanger which was absolutely atrocious.

• Like 1

Give me back Terriers.

8 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Enterprise was kind of a mess but I would have loved more of it. More recently, Future Man and the Tick were some of my favorite comedies but both got cancelled after only a few seasons. Future Man at least got to wrap itself up more or less, but the Tick ended on a cliffhanger which was absolutely atrocious.

Future Man Season 1 was great but good God Seasons 2 and 3 sucked.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1