TV show cancellations that bugged you.

RadiantFlamberge

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Give me back Terriers.

Future Man Season 1 was great but good God Seasons 2 and 3 sucked.

Yeah, the seasons all have very different feels to them. I definitely prefer the tone of season 1, but 2 and especially 3 both have some pretty distinguishing moments as well.

• Like 2

Firefly.

Also, Tron: Uprising. It was one of my favourite animated shows. Unfortunately, Tron as a franchise has never been successful. Both films didn't do that great. I guess, same happened to the show. Too bad, I would've liked to see more. Especially after the series finale and its closing scene.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hugging The Cactus said:

Has anyone here ever watched Sliders? It had 5 seasons but it was a good show and I would've loved more seasons ?

I watched it during its original run, but I haven't seen it since, nor can I remember much about it beyond its basic plot line. I'm not sure if I even daw all five seasons, although I do remember enjoying what I saw of it. I've never noticed it be on syndication or really available to watch anywhere. 

• Like 1

American Gods & The OA.  American Gods was great, but the last season was pretty meh.  The OA was a show I never thought I would like until I watched it with the gf and got hooked.  Out there, but interesting.

I'm dating myself here, but wish Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn was still on TV along with Insomniac with Dave Attell.

Edited by kinnyman
forgot two
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, djb5f said:

I really liked the premise of both of these shows but couldn’t get through the first season.  Maybe because it was network TV and I am more used to grittier, more compelling HBO-type programming but the whole time I was watching I was thinking these series were kind of shallow and would be so much better if they were produced by HBO.

Yeah, such wasted concepts. 

I would live to see them revisited in future. 

23 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Also:

Party Down

If it helps, Party Down finished filming season 3 in March so that'll be back soon (without Lizzy Caplan, unfortunately).

Otherwise, I'll echo some shows other people have named already: Stargate Universe, Angel, and Pushing Daisies.

• Like 1

You, Me and the Apocolypse - Every episode started with a reveal of a new person inside a bunker to survive the Asteroid hit, and they're in the middle of something unusual, so in the first episode there a nun laughing and a woman on death row crying, both reason being unknown. The main portion of the show follows these characters in the lead up to the end of the world, revealing how they ended up in the bunker and what connects them all. It also balances humour with its depressing subject matter incredibly. It's a huge shame that it only got one series, I don't think that second series would have been too expensive since it would have mostly been on one set.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 1

I was really bummed when Almost Human got cancelled after one season. That show was just getting started!

Also, and this is ridiculous and I think I might be the only person who feels this way, but I am still salty about My Name Is Earl getting cancelled on an absurd cliffhanger ages ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

Also, and this is ridiculous and I think I might be the only person who feels this way, but I am still salty about My Name Is Earl getting cancelled on an absurd cliffhanger ages ago.

I'm with you on that one. The writers were promised there'd be a 5th season, so they went ahead and ended the 4th one with that cliffhanger knowing they'd be able to continue the story, then it got cancelled anyway. Pretty sure the writers wouldn't have ended the 4th season on a cliffhanger without that, what turned out to be empty, promise.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

I'm showing my age here, as I was only a few years old when it first aired on TV (and I wouldn't watch the entire series until many years later), but The A-Team should have been allowed to see its 5th and final series through to its conclusion.  It was cancelled halfway through series 5 due to a declining number of viewers, and you can tell it ended prematurely if you watch the final episode, but it couldn't have hurt to just film the remaining handful of episodes and then call it a day.

Also, there's Police Squad! (In Color! ?).  This classic cop spoof comedy was canned after just 6 episodes due to one of the most ridiculous reasons I've ever heard for cancelling a show - viewers were unable to keep up with the rapid-fire pace of the gags and jokes; they had to really concentrate to understand and appreciate what they were watching.
I'm sorry... what?  That wouldn't really be an issue these days, so perhaps Police Squad! was somewhat ahead of its time.  At least we got the three Naked Gun movies later on...

Fast forwarding 30 years or so, Daredevil and The Punisher should have carried on.  I think almost everyone who watched those shows would have liked to see them continue.  Especially The Punisher, as Castle only truly becomes the Punisher at the very end of season 2.  Hopefully they will be incorporated into the MCU and done justice.  Daredevil could perhaps be toned down a little in terms of violence, but Punisher needs to be all-out, balls-to-the-wall action and brutal violence.

• Like 2

Person Of Interest - Got canned to produce 'cheaper' shows, despite the fact it was the most popular show on the network :/  They created an ending, but there was so much more they could have done.

The Punisher - Season 2 was literally the start of Frank Castle becoming the Punisher, shame Disney are such idiots.

Ash Vs Evil Dead - This show was far better than it had any right to be xD

• Like 3

The Riches

Deadwood

Damn those were some good shows... shame they didn't keep going, most shows these days are overacted badly scripted Ally Mcbeal / CSI clone bullshit... oh well, I guess we need to go with the times :dunno:

22 hours ago, kinnyman said:

American Gods & The OA.  American Gods was great, but the last season was pretty meh.  The OA was a show I never thought I would like until I watched it with the gf and got hooked.  Out there, but interesting.

I'm dating myself here, but wish Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn was still on TV along with Insomniac with Dave Attell.

Yes to Tough Crowd and Insomniac!  TC specifically was such a nice balance to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

• Like 1

I loved Quantum Leap and was sad when it got unceremoniously cancelled, even though the showrunner had at least 1 more season planned out so had to hastily cobble together that lousy final season finale which failed to adequately tie up any of the lose ends :(. I hear rumblings of a reboot but it hasn't got a chance in hell of being good.

Keeping up Appearances and the Hetty Wainthrope Investigates were both promised another season but BBC shafted the showrunners of both shows and cancelled them very abruptly, despite the fact they were still getting decent ratings each week for their respective latest seasons.

55 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Yes to Tough Crowd and Insomniac!  TC specifically was such a nice balance to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Absolutely!  If you wanna take a trip down memory lane, found these on youtube.  Quality ain't the best but still watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxTIDernmMHtS-jxx8Bl75BWPd5LmSl_G

• Like 1