TV show cancellations that bugged you.

RadiantFlamberge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I doubt anyone is old enough to remember the cancelled BBC TV series "The Tripods" in 1984, it's basically a War Of The Worlds ripoff, but takes place after humanity lost, it's something like 2050 but humanity has been enslaved by the aliens and humans are back to 1900s technology since the aliens have humanity under a tight grip and restrict what they are allowed to learn (and they don't know any better)

The story is basically 3 books, which was to be covered in 3 TV series, and after series 2, they just thought nah, we'll cancel Series 3. And the story has never been concluded.... This is like the Shemue III of the TV world.

As a 6 year old, this was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen, scarier than Doctor Who. It also has hands down the most dramatic and terrifying intro to a TV show.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

I just this week finished Counterpart which was cancelled after just 2 seasons. Fantastic show, a cold war of sorts between two parallel worlds. Was starting to get to the nitty gritty then it was canned. It had a reasonably tidy ending all cobbled together in the last 5 minutes though but it had so much potential, very disappointing.

Reminded me of Fringe, maybe it's time for a rewatch

Tv Show called "Frequency" 

29 year old daughter finds her dads old radio. 

As it turns out radio allows the dad in 1980s and the 2020 daughter to communicate. 

They are both detectives trying to catch the same serial killer active in 1980s and 2020s.

Series shows a good dynamic between the 2 while they try and catch the killer in both eras, while the daughter is also trying to save her fathers life which has a set date when the killer got to him originally. 

I have never seen or heard anyone other then me talk about the show. Quite a shame it only got only 1 season. 

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Tv Show called "Frequency" 

29 year old daughter finds her dads old radio. 

As it turns out radio allows the dad in 1980s and the 2020 daughter to communicate. 

They are both detectives trying to catch the same serial killer active in 1980s and 2020s.

Series shows a good dynamic between the 2 while they try and catch the killer in both eras, while the daughter is also trying to save her fathers life which has a set date when the killer got to him originally. 

I have never seen or heard anyone other then me talk about the show. Quite a shame it only got only 1 season. 

Have you seen the film of the same name? I loved this film but I forgot it's name, until reading your post just now. I highly recommend you watch the movie, if you haven't already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_(2000_film)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i know most of these were cancelled before i was born but still i miss most of the old BBC comedy sitcoms, Dad's army, Only fools and Horses, Last of the summer wine, Vicar of dibley among others. still need to watch One foot in the grave and Dad's army: the lost episodes at some point in the future. oh, i just looked it up and it seems like Flog it! was cancelled in 2020, good BBC 2 show, going to be missed. Handy Manny was my favourite show on Disney junior back in the day, shame it got cancelled, still barely know any Spanish even though this shows had Spanish but i guess my brain forgot it. Shame they had to kill off Disney channel, junior, and Xd, some great shows on those channels. probably others i am missing, but i going to list the rest i could think of before ending this post. Jungle Junction, Mickey mouse clubhouse, special agent Oso. i hope This morning doesn't  get cancelled over the recent controversy regarding Holly and Phil (if you don't know, basically, they used their "VIP access" to skip waiting for the queen's lying in state, while other celebs, like David Beckham who waited about 12 hours to pay his respects), quite a good morning chat show

EDIT: forgot to mention it in the original post, but feel free to google these and watch some if you want.

Edited by serrated-banner9
forgot stuff

z-nation.jpg

Z Nation was an outstanding, less serious, B tier zombie show that ran side by side with The Walking Dead (imo). It allowed outrageous ideas and idiotic concepts to shine as if they were pure gold. Syfy is known for its rather... awful concepts when it comes to TV and Movies but this was the purest of gems. Plug was pulled after 5 seasons.

Now we have the Netflix spin-off in "Black Summer", but it's vastly different in it's presentation. Z Nation is also available on Netflix however! If you love Zombies, and enjoy the charm of B tier script writing, I'd highly recommend it!

3 other titles that really bugged me:

Ash vs Evil Dead

The Punisher

Mind Hunter

+ Many others that Netflix has executed.

3x

Edited by Skurkitty

• 1 month later...